BANNED

Default Did Karnak Avoid Terrigenesis When The T-Bomb Was Released ?

Since Karnak is returning I was wondering if we will get the answer to the title question? In Inhumanity it seemed as if Karnak was near if not in the center of the T-Bomb release so how why wasn't he affected? How did he miss the mist?

Don't get me wrong...I'm personally glad if it did miss him some how due to the nature of the character. I'm just interested in how Marvel is going to explain this since he was so close to the event? Or was he actually infected in some way which may explain how he was able to somewhat predict the future with his abilities and possibly lead to the Karnak that we see here?

What do you guys think? Do you think the question will ever be answered? Is Karnak some how immune to Terrigenesis, was he infected, or did he some how manage to avoid exposure?
    Last edited by Trident; 06-13-2015 at 10:44 AM.

He probably made his body resist the mist's effects.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Pretty sure, Blackbolt had all the Inhumans teleported out of the city to some random locations on Earth at the time the bomb went off. Karnak, like the rest arrived at the site long after the initial cloud went through.

He isn't immune to Terrigenesis and given they killed him off soon after the bomb in a horrible one shot, unless they retcon him, he should still just be a ordinary but brilliant Inhuman who hasn't undergone terrigenesis but was trained to be a god like martial artist.

I think most writers, editors, and fans forget or never knew that Karnak never underwent Terrigenesis because his parents were scared he would undergo an extreme transformation like his brother Triton. Afterall, his ability to find weak points seems like a power rather than something he picked up with pure training along with his martial arts. The good thing is that as long as Karnak is never drawn inside the cloud or says something like "I remember my own Terrigenesis..." then it should never be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I think most writers, editors, and fans forget or never knew that Karnak never underwent Terrigenesis because his parents were scared he would undergo an extreme transformation like his brother Triton. Afterall, his ability to find weak points seems like a power rather than something he picked up with pure training along with his martial arts. The good thing is that as long as Karnak is never drawn inside the cloud or says something like "I remember my own Terrigenesis..." then it should never be an issue.
    I want all of us to take a moment of our day and remember "Karnak did not go through Terrigenesis". So that a few years from now when they reveal the ability is from Terrigenesis in the movie or maybe via one of the shows and it is retcon we will all be looking back at this and laugh/cry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Pretty sure, Blackbolt had all the Inhumans teleported out of the city to some random locations on Earth at the time the bomb went off. Karnak, like the rest arrived at the site long after the initial cloud went through.

He isn't immune to Terrigenesis and given they killed him off soon after the bomb in a horrible one shot, unless they retcon him, he should still just be a ordinary but brilliant Inhuman who hasn't undergone terrigenesis but was trained to be a god like martial artist.
    This is true Blackbolt did send the Inhumans away but the way the story was written and others after it can be assumed that all of them were still on earth. With Karnak only having a few non-Inhuman connections that we know of, it can also be assumed that he had to been sent somewhere close if not within NYC. How else could he have gotten back so soon to parts of New York after the fall of the Inhuman city....

All-New Member

Karnak is on his Rick Owens swag with this new hoody of his. #darkshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    This is true Blackbolt did send the Inhumans away but the way the story was written and others after it can be assumed that all of them were still on earth. With Karnak only having a few non-Inhuman connections that we know of, it can also be assumed that he had to been sent somewhere close if not within NYC. How else could he have gotten back so soon to parts of New York after the fall of the Inhuman city....
    Karnak before SW was dead he was in hell and used another person as medium. He is dead because he jumped out of a window of a skyscraper through what Black Bolt did he went insane.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    Karnak before SW was dead he was in hell and used another person as medium. He is dead because he jumped out of a window of a skyscraper through what Black Bolt did he went insane.
    Yeah....I'm talking about right before he died. It is likely that Karnak was in NYC when the T-Bomb went off so I'm wondering how did he avoided it or if he did at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    It does seem like a lot of people forget. I can see how they would, I mean the way Karnak uses his ability is a little beyond "normal" potential. Must be something about him being a Inhuman that allows him to extend a "normal" ability into the realm of supernatural. I wonder if it's ever been explained how he does it....
    Last edited by Trident; 06-16-2015 at 06:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

Clearly he saw the weakness in the Terrigen Cloud and wisely exploited it.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The cloud should have affected Black Bolt even more, I'd think.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier