Default Is Superman Dead?

Somebody said Superman took his wife and baby to die in Crisis. How could he do that? Did he go crazy?

Astonishing Member

There was a chance to prevent the death of the Multiverse during Crisis. Superman took it. Lois wouldn't let him go without her and they sure weren't leaving their newborn behind. We don't know exactly what happened after that- only that a small group of characters including the Kents went back to Crisis- once they left the story stayed in the present so they may have died or they may just be out there somewhere having spent the intervening years off-panel.

Spectacular Member

That asked, do you see them as being basically like the survivors of the first Crisis? Particularly with the Superman/Lois coupling, I could be happy with those characters still being out there somewhere.

Jeff King: They are. Post-Convergence, Superman, Lois and Jonathan Kent are on an Earth somewhere, right now, resuming their lives that were on hold since Flashpoint.
    http://comicbook.com/2015/05/27/deco...ng-the-finale/

According to Jeff King who wrote Convergence, the Kent Family is alive and lives happily ever after

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This is comics. I'm sure they'll turn up somewhere safe and sound.

They're alive, but you'll have to wait for a story that actually makes sense to explain what happened to them. Convergence was completely nonsensical.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They're alive, but you'll have to wait for a story that actually makes sense to explain what happened to them. Convergence was completely nonsensical.
    Wait until next year's summer event. Or ten years from now when they need to "celebrate" Crisis again.

He's gone to another universe and played in the WCF for the Rockets. He wasn't that good.

BANNED

He's at home, washing his tights

...Whoops, wrong franchise..

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    He's gone to another universe and played in the WCF for the Rockets. He wasn't that good.
    This. He did this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    http://comicbook.com/2015/05/27/deco...ng-the-finale/

According to Jeff King who wrote Convergence, the Kent Family is alive and lives happily ever after
    Yet the actual published ending of the series he co-wrote and Dan DiDio's comments contradict him.

If the implosion of the Multiverse was averted in Convergence, so too the merging of the 5 remaining Earths and thus, the post-COIE timeline.

DiDio confirmed this before Convergence by saying the series as a chance to see these characters one last time. Outside of the Earth-Two characters, the other characters from Telos have not been seen and I doubt will be under DiDio's term.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I think you're confusing Superman with his wannabe clone, Bizarro.