Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Gotham Central question

Does anyone know if anything about this series is still canon? Obviously the issue directly referencing IC isn't and the story arc about the pre-FP Teen Titans but do we know if anything else from it "counts" or not?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I sincerely doubt the story about Cripin Allen becoming the Spectre is still canon.

Does the time Jim Gordon wasn't Police Commissioner still line up with anything in the New52/DCYou?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I sincerely doubt the story about Cripin Allen becoming the Spectre is still canon.
    I don't think we've even seen Crispus Allen show up in the New 52 yet.

About the only Gotham Central aspects you can find in the modern Bat-books, as far as I'm aware, is Maggie Sawyer in Gotham and now Montoya with her back. But none of what happened to them in Gotham Central seems to still apply in this continuity.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

DC has increasingly been doing stories where characters openly acknowledge that reality gets rewritten, that there are not only divergent futures, there are divergent pasts. So, technically, it's all still canon/in continuity. It's all still accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Does the time Jim Gordon wasn't Police Commissioner still line up with anything in the New52/DCYou?
    All the times he was no longer Commissioner can be shoehorned in, eventually, as needed. DC time is, and always will be, elastic and implausible. They just can't highlight why it wouldn't work.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 10-01-2015 at 07:19 AM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)