Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Could Wolverine stay dead?

Wishful thinking I know. But consider this, Marvel has in a way has already brought back Logan through a time travel loop hole and brought in Old Man Logan, yea hes not 616 Wolverine, but do you think theres a chance that Marvel could be content with keeping Old Man Logan around as his replacement while having Laura keep the Wolverine mantle?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Wishful thinking I know. But consider this, Marvel has in a way has already brought back Logan through a time travel loop hole and brought in Old Man Logan, yea hes not 616 Wolverine, but do you think theres a chance that Marvel could be content with keeping Old Man Logan around as his replacement while having Laura keep the Wolverine mantle?
    Well, it worked with captain marvel and Ms marvel and novarr replaced him, so why wouldn't it work with wolverine?

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

It all depends on how long they are interested in writing the stories of the characters in Wolverine's place.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

After the reveals about Old Man Logan, I think it might be so. He will probably pop up in some stories as Thunderbird, Jean Grey or Captain Marvel do every now and then.

But yeah it might be they will keep him dead.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

He's never technically stayed dead even after he died several stories were dedicated to him with others dealing with his unfinished business and all that. SW is full of stories about him so I doubt they will keep him dead ever.

Nope there is too much money to be made with his eventual return. Look at how much Peter Parker's return sold.

If we've got Old Man Logan I'm fine with 616 Logan being dead.

if Old Man and X do well in their comics, he could stay dead. Maybe even become the new Jean Grey (as in always being teased to be returning but never actually doing so). But if his new "replacements" don't cut it, I'm sure we'll be seeing a Back From the Dead mini series/arc soon enough.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Could he? Yes. Would he? Probably not. I think Marvel could stand to leave Logan out of the X-Men for a couple of years for people to miss him. They have really bleed the character dry. Old Man Logan is really a mistake IMHO. They are already throwing an AU at us.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Nope there is too much money to be made with his eventual return. Look at how much Peter Parker's return sold.
    Yes, but he wasnt replaced by another Peter Parker, his body was taken by Octavias. Logan was replaced by another Logan.

To be fair I think the replacement has a lot more story potential. For one he is in a world that was not destroyed by a hero-villain war. Second many of the mutants he killed in that world are not only alive. They at the start think he is the 616 version. Third how does he exactly explain what he did to the X-men. "Oh by the way in the other world Mysterio took me over and I killed you all". With a good writer many good stories could be said. As long as they don't do something dumb and make him a headmaster of a school.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

For awhile yeah Logan stays dead. I see no reason he'd return anytime soon. They killed him for a reason. I like him to stay, dead longer then night crawler or cap. Jean, grey length would actually a uprising me in a, good way. Wolverine is my favorite character but if old man, Logan stays around I want to see the potential of his interactions with cyclops, jubilee etc. Plus with Laura getting exposure as wolverine I want to give her time to shine in the suit before 616 is reborn
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    To be fair I think the replacement has a lot more story potential. For one he is in a world that was not destroyed by a hero-villain war. Second many of the mutants he killed in that world are not only alive. They at the start think he is the 616 version. Third how does he exactly explain what he did to the X-men. "Oh by the way in the other world Mysterio took me over and I killed you all". With a good writer many good stories could be said. As long as they don't do something dumb and make him a headmaster of a school.
    the rest of the X men: "Don't worry we won't arrhate on you, you didn't killed the only ones that mattered, and your name isn't Scott Summers". The scene were the X men (minus cyke of course) welcome OML practically writes itself

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    the rest of the X men: "Don't worry we won't arrhate on you, you didn't killed the only ones that mattered, and your name isn't Scott Summers". The scene were the X men (minus cyke of course) welcome OML practically writes itself
    LOL. The sad part is I can actually see a writer doing just that. Mind you if OML says nothing then they really would not know what he did to them in his world.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Fantastic Member

I'd love to see OML just be wolverine's replacement along with laura. I wouldn't want OML to be a part of the X-Men or Avengers though. I think he serves better as a punisher type loner.