Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I like the idea of keeping some fluff stuff...
    I have no problem with Fluff, I actually like Fluffy things. Just want to clean house a little before the fluff gets out of control.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I like the idea of keeping some fluff stuff...
    I get the feeling 80% of the lists may as well be "fluff."

: P

Mighty Member

My two cents in regards to Matrix stuff:

Replace Martial Arts Downloads with Download skill of choice (Matrix), with the proviso that those need to be real world skills and that the character needs some way of getting something directly downloaded into his brain. Mostly because the Matrix dudes could teach their agents to use guns and various types of vehicles, in addition to "I know kung-fu stuff".

Cannot right at the moment think of many ways of exploiting this, which sounds adequate for something meant to round out a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    My two cents in regards to Matrix stuff:

Replace Martial Arts Downloads with Download skill of choice (Matrix), with the proviso that those need to be real world skills and that the character needs some way of getting something directly downloaded into his brain. Mostly because the Matrix dudes could teach their agents to use guns and various types of vehicles, in addition to "I know kung-fu stuff".

Cannot right at the moment think of many ways of exploiting this, which sounds adequate for something meant to round out a character.
    It might need to be 'Tightened up' a little, but it's a good start.

Makes me wonder though, I don't think we have anything like this in the list, but is there anything in Fiction in regards to having a cybernetic or similar access or Brain enhancement that woudl give an ordinary character the ability to download Data like this?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I get the feeling 80% of the lists may as well be "fluff."

: P
    Well that's just the meta acting up.

But yeah if people were less OP, they could use some of the more fluff. And I might have a chance to win one.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It might need to be 'Tightened up' a little, but it's a good start.

Makes me wonder though, I don't think we have anything like this in the list, but is there anything in Fiction in regards to having a cybernetic or similar access or Brain enhancement that woudl give an ordinary character the ability to download Data like this?
    I'm pretty sure there's several cyborgs throughout fiction that can physically or wi-fi "jack into" data banks. Shadowrun decker/hacker stuff and BTL chips, Ghost in the Shell cyborg program downloads, Terminators, Ultron Robots, Star Trek androids, Cyborg (DC) and Cable's data net connections could probably do it, Prometheus's Data Helmet (probably the best example, he can instantly "learn" combat styles and skills from data collected of the world's fighters), Reed Richard's accelerated virtual combat training (used in a crossover to speed-train soldiers), Professor X's psychic combat training (used in a mini-series to speed-train a secret team of mutants). That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 08-11-2015 at 04:06 PM.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

We do have several variants of costumes, like the Cosplay Costume of Choice. Which, technically, includes dressing up like Neo.
    Yeah, NOW we do. But as I said back at the time(long ago) we didnt.

Also should team clothing be priced at (1) just like single pieces. Like Cosplay Costume of choice(1), and Cosplay Team Costumes(1). As its not armor and I cant see how fabric can be exploited to meaningful degree and its all for looks it could be 1pt as well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Yeah, NOW we do. But as I said back at the time(long ago) we didnt.

Also should team clothing be priced at (1) just like single pieces. Like Cosplay Costume of choice(1), and Cosplay Team Costumes(1). As its not armor and I cant see how fabric can be exploited to meaningful degree and its all for looks it could be 1pt as well.
    A thousand terrible Buffy YAHF fanfics have taught me to be wary of "turn character into costume" type effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    A thousand terrible Buffy YAHF fanfics have taught me to be wary of "turn character into costume" type effects.
    The costume it's self couldn't do that, so it would have to be another power. And so far I haven seen anything in either the Store or the Draft list with that kind of power. So far.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 08-13-2015 at 09:16 AM.

The costume it's self couldn't do that, so it would have to be another power. And so far I haven seen anything in either the Store or the Draft list with that kind of power. So far.
    Really? Did the Janos Statue get taken off?

Yes, clothes are just clothes. Other powers that can turn clothes into powers or special items shouldn't factor into the cost of the clothes themselves.

There is the Costume Curse from Buffy (which I'm surprised if it isn't on the list already*). There's Pants-Fu. There's characters like Ryoga and Parian who have abilities specifically geared to turn clothes into weapons.

*Infact, I'm adding that to my list right now: Costume of Choice from Ethan's Costume Shop (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) ???

How much do you think it should be? The costume could transfer knowledge, skills, and even powers to a person wearing it. For example, a soldier costume gave Xander combat skills and military knowledge, while a ghost costume turned Willow intangible. In theory, someone could put on a Superman costume and get his powers, but the question is whether the curse would be able to transfer that much power.
    The individual costumes are already on there (or were last time I checked).

And honestly if "of choice" is allowed I will totally go the Oz's next Halloween route.

Really? Did the Janos Statue get taken off?
    Didn't know about that one.

The individual costumes are already on there (or were last time I checked).

And honestly if "of choice" is allowed I will totally go the Oz's next Halloween route.
    So they are. Nevermind then.

*Infact, I'm adding that to my list right now: Costume of Choice from Ethan's Costume Shop (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) ???

How much do you think it should be? The costume could transfer knowledge, skills, and even powers to a person wearing it. For example, a soldier costume gave Xander combat skills and military knowledge, while a ghost costume turned Willow intangible. In theory, someone could put on a Superman costume and get his powers, but the question is whether the curse would be able to transfer that much power.
    Cursed 18th Century Noble Woman Costume, Ethan Rayne's (Buffyverse) 1
    Cursed Ghost Costume, Ethan Rayne's (Buffyverse) 1
    Cursed Soldier Costume, Ethan Rayne's (Buffyverse) 1
    Cursed Statue of Janus, Ethan Rayne's (Buffyverse) 2

IS already on there, but we also saw it do goblins, demons, etc.