Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

BTW, This is my suggestion in regards to both the 1 point items and the Muli-Pick items.

1. Any item on the list, from fiction, that has had ANY special effect regardless of how small, get's at least 2 points. [I've noticed several items I'd like to raise up to 2 points. Still going through the list to review them].

2. Multi-Pick items are items that can be chosen by multiple teams, but ONLY 1 per team.

3. Only 1 point items from the Real World [Like costumes] that are smaller than a Motorcycle and have Limited Range [Like hand held weapons] can be Multi-picked.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    So they are. Nevermind then.
    Well if you want to add an "of choice", it would probably have to be a 10.

Xander's Soldier costume wasn't from the store IIRC. He just picked up a toy gun to go with the Army Fatigues he already had.

So even outside of unreasonable powergaming (like Oz), I could argue buying a gun would make even a long coat turn you into Neo or some hair coloing could make you a Super Sayin.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    BTW, This is my suggestion in regards to both the 1 point items and the Muli-Pick items.

1. Any item on the list, from fiction, that has had ANY special effect regardless of how small, get's at least 2 points. [I've noticed several items I'd like to raise up to 2 points. Still going through the list to review them].

2. Multi-Pick items are items that can be chosen by multiple teams, but ONLY 1 per team.

3. Only 1 point items from the Real World [Like costumes] that are smaller than a Motorcycle and have Limited Range [Like hand held weapons] can be Multi-picked.
    Guns should be 2 points, really. They're blatantly more effective than a considerable number of powers, and are far superior weapons to knives and swords from a practical standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well if you want to add an "of choice", it would probably have to be a 10.

Xander's Soldier costume wasn't from the store IIRC. He just picked up a toy gun to go with the Army Fatigues he already had.

So even outside of unreasonable powergaming (like Oz), I could argue buying a gun would make even a long coat turn you into Neo or some hair coloing could make you a Super Sayin.
    Actually, looking at it again, it effected any costume in the city, so it wasn't just stuff from the store. Anyway, I was thinking an of choice would be a good liberal expansion on the concept, but you'd obviously have to limit it to stuff that doesn't go beyond characters on the list. No spray painting yourself and a surfboard with chrome to get Silver Surfer powers.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 08-13-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

even if I support this idea in theory, I'd like a list of what would be changed before going for it.

Because a lot of that crap isn't even really worth a 1 compared to say... a gun.

Eh. I think if it's a 1 and you've already taken out the mystic stuff, then the fact that it's a 1 indicates it shouldn't be that powerful. Size and Range shouldn't really be an important factor.

If it's too good, than it should have been higher than a 1.

And I still suggest any "Of Choice" should still be allowed to be Multi-pick.

Guns should be 2 points.
    Well if you take out guns, and you take out anything with mystic powers (even if those powers are crap), what does that leave in the 1 category?

a few swords? Heck some of those are already twos too.

EDIT: OK< and a few misc items like bibles and various kinds of alcohol. Yeah. Not at all useful.

Well if you take out guns, and you take out anything with mystic powers (even if those powers are crap), what does that leave in the 1 category?

a few swords? Heck some of those are already twos too.

EDIT: OK< and a few misc items like bibles and various kinds of alcohol. Yeah. Not at all useful.
    I really don't get how a gun, which grants you the "power" to instantly kill or maim multiple people from a great distance while keeping you well out of immediate danger, should be in the same category as a pocket knife, which requires you to run up to someone and stab them multiple times while engaging them in physical combat, and hoping you can succeed in stabbing a vital point right off the bat, and has a higher risk of breaking your weapon attempting to use it. Or, like you said, a bible or a plastic action figure.

Mighty Member

In other item news, something that had crossed my mind.

Tentacle implants - Korosensei (Assassination Classroom) 7-8.

even if I support this idea in theory, I'd like a list of what would be changed before going for it.

Because a lot of that crap isn't even really worth a 1 compared to say... a gun.

Eh. I think if it's a 1 and you've already taken out the mystic stuff, then the fact that it's a 1 indicates it shouldn't be that powerful. Size and Range shouldn't really be an important factor.

If it's too good, than it should have been higher than a 1.

And I still suggest any "Of Choice" should still be allowed to be Multi-pick.
    Still working on the list, but I will post it here as soon as I can finish it.

I've been playing Dragon Quest 8 a bit recently, and in a recent conversation realized that Robots/Golems that aren't DC or Marvel can't be fused, so I propose the following: Alchemy Pot Fusion (Dragon Quest Series)

I'm not sure if 7-8 is too low, but since it only affects inanimates it shouldn't work on most cyborgs. Though due to cheese an argument could be made for cyborgs that are shy on the meat. I'm not sure if it grows the bacteria n'such or just magically creates Cheeses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I've been playing Dragon Quest 8 a bit recently, and in a recent conversation realized that Robots/Golems that aren't DC or Marvel can't be fused, so I propose the following: Alchemy Pot Fusion (Dragon Quest Series)

I'm not sure if 7-8 is too low, but since it only affects inanimates it shouldn't work on most cyborgs. Though due to cheese an argument could be made for cyborgs that are shy on the meat. I'm not sure if it grows the bacteria n'such or just magically creates Cheeses.
    Do you have a link to more info on it?

The Alchemy Pot lets you fuse two or three items into new ones. Aside from Dragon Quest VIII, the pot appears in Ni No Kuni, and other games that the game makers work on.

The Alchemy Pot lets you fuse two or three items into new ones. Aside from Dragon Quest VIII, the pot appears in Ni No Kuni, and other games that the game makers work on.
    A whole lot of cheese on that list. Still, it sounds useful. The only is figuring out what the end result of mixing two things together will be if it's not on the lists.

I dunno. I'm just gunna assume you could throw Mega Man and the Dolorean in there and come out with a time traveling fighting robot.

Mighty Member

Seeing that my latest proposal might be a tad obscure, I'll seek to explain:

Korosensei of Assassination Classroom was a human assassin who was subjected to horrific experiments in order to make the cells of his body capable of generating antimatter. A side effect of this process turned his body into that of a tentacle monster.

As a result of this transformation, the assassin gained sharply limited shapeshifting, fairly high level superhuman speed (mach 20 maximum), flight, high level regeneration, relatively weak energy projection and some other odds and ends (such as a defensive transformation in which he is nuke-proof, but becomes immobile for 24 hours).

Weaknesses include his human heart (the one part of his body which he apparently cannot regenerate), water (his flesh absorbs water, which slows him down, although some countermeasures exist) and various substances designed to kill him by the Japanese government.

Finally, it has recently been revealed that if Korosensei dies of natural causes, the antimatter production of his cells will increase and turn into a runaway chain reaction that will destroy the planet Earth itself. A mouse who had been implanted with some of the antimatter cells blew up something like 70% of the Moon, so this is a pretty big concern.

Oh THAT guy! I remember seeing him on J-Stars Victory VS. He is BRUTAL with his tentacle spam.

The N'cha Cannon though, usually has a good chance of keeping him down. Much less the planet-cracker punch.