View Poll Results: How do you feel about Justice League: Gods and Monsters?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Positively

50 58.14%
  • Indifferent/not sure

17 19.77%
  • Negatively

19 22.09%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm in. Elseworld is fun

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

I am so in!!
    Can't wait to discover more about this new DCAU.
    Pam Grier as a Shazam champ? Yes, please!!
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

I'm in, wasn't initially but as more and more stuff came out I got more interested. Love to explore this new world and it's remained characters. If it does well, maybe it gets incorporated into the Multiverse as the 'Wildstorm' Earth since one of the inspirations to this according to Timm was the Authority.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Green Lantern and if they have a Flash for this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Bruce Timm is a great story teller but I feel he's gone a little to far with this alternative universe. I've watched all 3 of the chronicles released so far and they're just too far removed from what I expect when I think of the Justice League(especially Wonder Woman). Having "Superman" kill crying, toddler Brainiac was reprehensible. These chronicles seem heavily based on shock value and they're just not doing a whole lot for me in the end.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

I was sold when Batman smiled and said "Jail?"
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

100% In. Glad we are getting comic book tie ins too!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I initially had no interest in this when all that was known was the title. I thought it would have been a sequel to Justice League: War and Throne of Atlantis, two films I didn't watch and have no interest in watching.

As soon as it was revealed it had Bruce Timm involved, I was immediately interested in it. His work on the animated series for Batman, Superman, Batman Beyond, and Justice League were some of the best works in the animation genre. Plus 2D traditional animation seems somewhat like a dying art form now, so seeing this get made in 2015, and not in CGI, is amazing! Plus I really like these alternate versions of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. With its mature-like content, it really feels like this is for the people that enjoyed the DC cartoons when they were younger, especially Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League.

Number one movie I'm looking forward to buying [getting the Best Buy figurine exclusive edition] and watching as soon as it's out!
    After that, I'm looking forward to the new Star Wars and Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight.

I also like how it'll be getting some comic miniseries and a second season next year.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm going with indifferent. I love most of Timm's DC animated work, but I'm just not sure how I feel about this grittier, more violent edition of the League with Superman looking more like Zod, Wonder Woman makes me think more of Hawkgirl, and a vampire Batman.

I'll probably rent this on Redbox to see if it's work a buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Bruce Timm is a great story teller but I feel he's gone a little to far with this alternative universe. I've watched all 3 of the chronicles released so far and they're just too far removed from what I expect when I think of the Justice League(especially Wonder Woman). Having "Superman" kill crying, toddler Brainiac was reprehensible. These chronicles seem heavily based on shock value and they're just not doing a whole lot for me in the end.
    Even after crying toddler Brainiac told him to do it?

I think the shock value in these shorts is perfect for building interest in this alternate take on the DC Trinity.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I think the shock value in these shorts is perfect for building interest in this alternate take on the DC Trinity.
    There are better ways to build interest in this though and the shock value is a big turn off to some people even if this is an Elseworld's tale. Honestly though the big turn off for me is the character designs. I don't like them much and the clips did nothing for me either.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Out.

I don't mind Elseworlds, but this interpretation of the Trinity interests me in no way.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I'm all in.

Never been the biggest Timm fan at all. I enjoyed BTAS and STAS for what they were during their time. Didn't really dig TNBA or BB and never bothered with JL and JLU and have 0 interest in ever catching up with them. DC was never defined to me by his cartoons so I don't value him as greatly as others do; I was heavy into DC way before BTAS even started unlike what seems like 70% of the rest of the internet today.

However I find this universe intriguing enough to keep following along.

Here's the first look at Green Lantern, Steel and Mary Marvel BTW

Last edited by Broddie; 06-15-2015 at 09:40 AM.
    I enjoy comic book adaptations but I'm a comic book fan first and foremost. Not a comic book movie fan.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    There are better ways to build interest in this though and the shock value is a big turn off to some people even if this is an Elseworld's tale. Honestly though the big turn off for me is the character designs. I don't like them much and the clips did nothing for me either.

I don't care for the designs either. They don't really scream "Superman", "Batman", or "Wonder Woman" by any means. The Chronicles aren't terrible but there is very little that ropes me in as a long-time Justice League fan. These new concepts seem to be in name only which is the big let down.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

In because it's Timm. (I'd watch if it wasn't Timm because I like superhero cartoons, but I'd be more prepared for something mediocre, if not outright awful.)

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I'm unsure. The concepts are amazing (the idea of puling a silver age reworking on the big three is genius.) But its very, very dark, and its a bit much for me. I'll probably watch the movie, but I'm pretty iffy on it.

On the other hand, I'm totally going to steal the concepts for the fanfic I'm planing on doing.
    Cyclops was right