Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    Am I the only one that hopes that Spectrum will get some spotlight later in Secret Wars. She got captured by the Maker or specifically that A.I. did. To me, that means she's on their Raft. Once she breaks free IF she does..hope she makes them all pay. I can't wait to see that. What is this "creature made of living light" business? I hope Marvel gives Spectrum another one shot to explain all this.
    Monica gets loose. Saves day. Comic over. Cake and cola for everyone!

It could happen.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Luke says, "Just the end of the chapter, man. Wait and see what comes next".

There. That is editorial putting in an Easter egg like that, so we don't look at the short term about this. This line was what impressed me with this book. With Luke Cage. I don't know how to see him now. Is he a visionary, or is he an eternal optimist? But this simple statement says more in those two lines than Luke has meant his whole life. He was a street thug, who worked on hopeless cases, for any renumeration the client could afford. This was his holding pattern until he met Jess and they had Danielle, and then he had a new dimension about him, because he got a seat among the big boys in first class. This is what Luke Cage turned into. He could be the new Silver Surfer, (except Luke could never conceive of that shiny west coast style)

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    He was a street thug, who worked on hopeless cases, for any renumeration the client could afford. This was his holding pattern until he met Jess and they had Danielle, and then he had a new dimension about him, because he got a seat among the big boys in first class.
    Luke Cage worked with the Fantastic Four and many of the preeminent superhero organizations on the planet before he got married and had a kid.

He fought some of the most powerful villains in the world. And, had the balls to tell some of them, "You owe me some cash."

Despite superheroing being his job, he never let that once get in the way of doing the right thing and saving lives pro bono.

Heroes for Hire, in and of itself, was visionary. "I'm gonna be a black man who lives right here, works right here, and I can't be shot" was a visionary statement, whether the authors at the time intended it as such or not.

He was never just "a street thug."
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Spectacular Member

To be honest, I didn't really become a fan of Cage until his Civil War issue. THAT ish was dope, changed my view of the character forever. Since then he's only gotten better.

And it looked like it was Danny Rand waking up in hospital with that doctor at the end, because it mentions he helped kids out of the rubble. If Luke got taken out by 1610 stuff attacking, then Danny could have got trapped under rubble himself.

I am going to miss this comic so much, but it was a great send off.

I'm not sure where Ewing is going after the Secret Wars "Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders" stuff ends, but I may just follow
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Oh dear god, I hope that street thug comment was just "lost in translation", because in modern times, that has a VERY negative (see dog whistle) connotation.

Luke Cage was not, and will never be, a thug.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    And it looked like it was Danny Rand waking up in hospital with that doctor at the end, because it mentions he helped kids out of the rubble. If Luke got taken out by 1610 stuff attacking, then Danny could have got trapped under rubble himself.
    It looks like luke drop him off at hospital because you see earlier that he is with his wife jessica and they kissed.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    It looks like luke drop him off at hospital because you see earlier that he is with his wife jessica and they kissed.
    That would line up.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-20-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    It's not supposed to be Danny, it's supposed to represent 'You' the reader and it's why it is a POV shot. 'You' are the the person Luke and Danny saved earlier. It's basically a way of saying the readers are Mighty Avengers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    It's not supposed to be Danny, it's supposed to represent 'You' the reader and it's why it is a POV shot. 'You' are the the person Luke and Danny saved earlier. It's basically a way of saying the readers are Mighty Avengers as well.
    That was my assumption. It's like getting your blank badge towards the end of The Invisibles or such. We're being deputized superheroes.

Extraordinary Member

It's not supposed to be Danny, it's supposed to represent 'You' the reader and it's why it is a POV shot. '
    Yeah, you right about that.

Well that would send a stronger message using that interpretation.