Super Moderator

Default Warren Ellis Experiences Blood Pressure-Related Health Scare

The acclaimed writer checked himself into the hospital last week following what were believed to be stroke-like symptoms.

Full article here.

Very scary moment for anyone. Get well soon, Mr. Ellis! The world of comics still needs your awesome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

Take all the time you can (and need) to get better, Mr. Ellis. Writing (and readers) can wait; your health is paramount.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Hope he's doing alright now.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Wow, that whole thing sounded scary just reading about it. All the best to him getting better. He mentions cancelling two projects and delaying three others. Two books of his I'm reading now are Trees and Injection. I wonder if those are two of the three or if they're even comic book related. Man though, just thinking you're having a stroke... I can't even imagine. All the best to getting better Mr. Ellis.

All-New Member

I really hope he gets better, definitely one of my favourite writers.

I'll probably seem pretty insensitive but I'm not particularly surprised by this.

I saw him at a convention in 2012 and was a little taken aback by how unhealthy he looked for someone in his mid-40s.

In fact the bulk of the writers looked like they spent way too much time indoors and not all like the superheroes they wrote.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Yes, that's dangerous for anyone. I'm glad he's okay and handled it in such good cheer (some of his comments were quite funny.) He sounds like he's taking some measures against stressing himself out.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

I had never heard of that happening in association with blood pressure, but in the last year it happened to my mom and a fellow that just retired from where I work. Scary stuff but happy all three ended up being okay. Get well soon, Mr. Ellis!

Get well soon Mr. Ellis!

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Uncle Warren is too contrarian to die. He'll outlive all of us.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmaac View Post
    In fact the bulk of the writers looked like they spent way too much time indoors and not all like the superheroes they wrote.
    Haha, whaaaat.

I could be wrong, but based on his work, I always assumed he was on a boatload of drugs, or at least an alcoholic who occasionally dabbles in heavier things. Hopefully this wasn't something that a healthier lifestyle could've avoided. Or worse, hopefully they don't force him to sober up for his health. Stephen King's "my first time sober in decades" era was painfully bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I could be wrong, but based on his work, I always assumed he was on a boatload of drugs, or at least an alcoholic who occasionally dabbles in heavier things. Hopefully this wasn't something that a healthier lifestyle could've avoided. Or worse, hopefully they don't force him to sober up for his health. Stephen King's "my first time sober in decades" era was painfully bad.
    I think that's more myth than anything. I believe he drinks but doubt he gets crazy, at least not know. Dude has a young daughter he's always doting on, and he seems like he'd be somewhat responsible for her sake. LOL