Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    ♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Hey, i'm alright. Pixie's a Runaway now.

Career pivot, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    Well "X-Men Forever" was a disgrace (far worse than what we've had so far in "'92") ....
    No, it wasn't. And '92 is much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Hey, i'm alright. Pixie's a Runaway now.

Career pivot, baby.

No, it wasn't. And '92 is much worse.
    How was seeing the most doomed and incompetent version of the X-Men better? They dropped like flies, were made completely unrecognizable by the extremely forced costume changes and uncharacteristic behavior and were all dying and virtually powerless. I mean Fabian Cortez kicked the ever living snot out of the entire team in the very first issue. That book did every single thing within its power to disgrace, dishonor, depower and destroy the team.

BANNED

How was seeing the most doomed and incompetent version of the X-Men better? They dropped like flies, were made completely unrecognizable by the extremely forced costume changes and uncharacteristic behavior and were all dying and virtually powerless. I mean Fabian Cortez kicked the ever living snot out of the entire team in the very first issue. That book did every single thing within its power to disgrace, dishonor, depower and destroy the team.
    What are "extremely forced costume changes"?

BANNED

X-Men Forever 2 is a masterpiece.

Jean never looked better than when she was getting a faceful of some blue beast muff in that beautiful Grummett-hewn panel. Oh look, here it is, saved on my desktop:

BANNED

Her omega class telekinesis protecting her gentle face from getting a carpet rash.

"*"

amen, brother

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    What are "extremely forced costume changes"?
    Well they sold the "X-Men Forever (Doomed)" series as taking place after "X-Men #3" after the team had their 90s uniforms for three issues. By "X-Men Forever #3" Jean had already switched into her new costume for no reason. So thatd mean she got her Jim Lee-era costume use in for a grand total of 6 issues. Then by "X-Men Forever #6 or #7", everyone except Beast and Cyclops dropped their Jim Lee-era uniforms for no reason for hideously uncharacteristic, boring replacements meaning the rest of the team was supposedly meant to wear their Jim Lee uniforms for 8 issues. God Himself could not convince me that the absurd twists in "X-Men Forever" was TRULY where Chris Claremont was going to take the X-Men after "X-Men #3". IF it was, then it was the best thing having him leave after "X-Men #3" because he would have disgraced the X-Men and slaughtered their popularity ten times faster than Marvel could have on their own.
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 06-16-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Jean never looked better than when she was getting a faceful of some blue beast muff in that beautiful Grummett-hewn panel.
    Grummet's art was the only element that I could say was a positive element and better than "X-Men '92" thus far. I would have no complaints if he took over art duties in "X-Men '92".

BANNED

Well they sold the "X-Men Forever (Doomed)" series as taking place after "X-Men #3" after the team had their 90s uniforms for three issues. By "X-Men Forever #3" Jean had already switched into her new costume for no reason. So thatd mean she got her Jim Lee-era costume use in for a grand total of 6 issues. Then by "X-Men Forever #6 or #7", everyone except Beast and Cyclops dropped their Jim Lee-era uniforms for no reason for hideously uncharacteristic, boring replacements meaning the rest of the team was supposedly meant to wear their Jim Lee uniforms for 8 issues. God Himself could not convince me that the absurd twists in "X-Men Forever" was TRULY where Chris Claremont was going to take the X-Men after "X-Men #3". IF it was, then it was the best thing having him leave after "X-Men #3" because he would have disgraced the X-Men and slaughtered their popularity ten times faster than Marvel could have on their own.
    Didn't Cyclops just go back to his '80s uniform?

And to be fair, CC had already completely lost control of the books by the time the Lee uniforms were introduced, so it makes sense he'd introduce his own duds.

BANNED

Chris was offered the opportunity to continue HIS run so he ignored the run that screwed his run as intended, imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Chris was offered the opportunity to continue HIS run so he ignored the run that screwed his run as intended, imagine that.
    And for me, his run was a disgrace and far worse than where it went without him originally. I certainly wouldn't have kept reading the original X-Men books if what happened in "X-Men Forever" would have been what happened in them. He used "X-Men Forever" as nothing more but a vehicle to try to reinvent the X-Men in his own twisted vision as hopelessly flawed, doomed characters with inferior, unmemorable costumes.
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 06-16-2015 at 04:27 PM.

BANNED

Seems about right.

This is really a strange month in terms of sales. Because of Secret Wars, every title including X-men should get a pass of sorts. X-men, Secret Wars, Spider-Man, and Fantastic Four are all getting involved in this event and it shows in the overall sales of Secret Wars. But it's the success of Old Man Logan that I find most satisfying. With Wolverine dead, there's a void to be filled in the X-books and I think Old Man Logan fills that role perfectly. He's not the same Wolverine who headed the Jean Grey Institute or bickered with Cyclops during Schism. He's more the lone wolf type Wolverine that we haven't really had in a while and I think the sales here show that there's still room for a Wolverine like that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.