Super Moderator

Default Telltale Games, Skybound Announce Michonne-Starring Game

This fall, Telltale Games and Skybound will come together to deliver "The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Mini-Series," a three episode series.

Full article here.

No more Clem...?

They already said a Season 3 wasn't happening this year. Honestly not sure how they're supposed to pick that story up after the end of Season 2.

This sounds cool. Hopefully it's actually written by Kirkman. The basic outline, anyway. Not that Telltale don't do a solid job, but I just prefer the comic characters written by Kirkman.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Slightly disappointed because I haven't got anywhere near that far in the comics (end of Vol 2, reading very slowly) and now I feel like I'll have to do so so I can play this. The mini series concept is nice and I don't mind something self contained but I would have much preferred something tied to the game characters. Kenny between Season 1 and Season 2, what happened to the game Lily (since she's been defined as a different character) a story with the 400 Days characters expanding of what happened to them before and after the store fell or the like. This really just seems like something to attract specific fans outside the games to me.

Also why on Earth does it NEED to be part of Season 2 if it has nothing to do with it? At least with 400 Days it made sense that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Also why on Earth does it NEED to be part of Season 2 if it has nothing to do with it? At least with 400 Days it made sense that way.
    Yeah, really weird decision. I...dunno about telltale anymore, TWD season 2 was okay but it wasn't as good as the first one(I felt one of the ends was just bad), I wish they would work on their engine finally.

Sweet! Maybe this will let Clem grow up some for season 3.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Yeah, really weird decision. I...dunno about telltale anymore, TWD season 2 was okay but it wasn't as good as the first one(I felt one of the ends was just bad), I wish they would work on their engine finally.
    Which one? I know what I did, but I liked that there were several options/outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Which one? I know what I did, but I liked that there were several options/outcomes.
    spoilers:
    The one where you save Jane and shoot Kenny. Really the whole last part there with Kenny Vs. Jane was kind of weak, I think it would have been a much tougher choice if it was Luke instead of Jane. I ended up killing Jane(it was super obvious things weren't as they seemed) and then staying at the community and I liked that ending, and then looked up the Jane one and was really glad I went with Kenny.
    end of spoilers

Well I couldn't not go with spoilers:
    Kenny
    end of spoilers I watched all the other options on youtube after the fact.

As much as I liked the ending as a whole concept, spoilers:
    I don't know how you continue on from there without wiping the slate clean, and all roads lead back to Clem on her own in the wild again, which would really remove the point of that ending. Unless they skipped way ahead in time. Still...
    end of spoilers

I'm interested but would have much rather seen more with the 400 Days cast (cause they otherwise seem like useless filler) or Lilly.
    Pulling: Spider-Gwen, All New Captain America, Ms Marvel, Secret Six, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Grayson, Batman, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, A-Force, Cyborg, Starfire

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I chose the only humane ending which was...

spoilers:
    Kill Kenny, thus saving himself from becoming a cold blooded murderer as Jane is innocent, and because Jane always treated Clem as an equal and dedicated herself to teaching Clem how to survive while Kenny treated Clem like a child and refused to accept that she was very competent in her own right. That and Kenny always flipped out whenever you didn't take his side and he's the entire reason the group fell apart. I also took a chance with the family at the end, as you're gonna need people, and even if they tried anything Clem and Jane could handle them.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, point is that Clem's story had finality in all the endings but one which was pretty much a death sentence if you took it as it's the only ending without a solid plan for survival.