Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Jeez, I hope Slott leaves the book.

I'm really hating his work.
    You aren't the only one.

BANNED

I have a question for that people who really want that Dan Slott continue his run on ASM: Did you read another Spider-Man's run boyond Dan Slott's run? Is there someone who read Spider-Man by Roger Stern, Gerry Conway, DeMatteis, David Michelinie or even by Bill Mantlo?

Quote Originally Posted by Polvo Aranha View Post
    I have a question for that people who really want that Dan Slott continue his run on ASM: Did you read another Spider-Man's run boyond Dan Slott's run? Is there someone who read Spider-Man by Roger Stern, Gerry Conway, DeMatteis, David Michelinie or even by Bill Mantlo?
    There may be some Marvel team-up issues by Mantlo and Dematteis I haven't read, but otherwise the answer to this is yes.

And I'd be very happy if Slott sticks around.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Does it matter? Does saying yes invalidate our roles as fans of the comic?

I've read every issue of Spider-Man, not just Amazing, and I adore Slott's run. For me, its second only Stan Lee's work.

Incredible Member

I know you say you hate my work, and that's fair. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

But something I take comfort in-- in that last post of yours-- you list 5 of the all-time great Spider-Man writers.
    One, I haven't had the honor of meeting yet.
    Another confided in me that they haven't read a super hero comic in years.
    But the other three have sought me out, talked to me about current storylines, and have said that the current run got them reading and enjoying Spidey again.
    And I can't tell you how much that means to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    I've read every issue of Spider-Man, not just Amazing, and I adore Slott's run. For me, its second only Stan Lee's work.
    Okay... That's a bit overwhelming! But thank you!

I have. I actually have read (and own) complete collections of ASM (except #1), SSM, MTU, Web etc. For me, I would place Slott's work in Top 5 Spidey writers ever but everyone will likely feel differently; still, Slott has written an impressive number of Spidey tales now with very few outright clunkers IMO and at least a handful of classic stories.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Does it matter? Does saying yes invalidate our roles as fans of the comic?
    Good point; it shouldn't matter much. If one enjoys Slott's work, I doubt they would then hate it after reading other runs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Good point; it shouldn't matter much. If one enjoys Slott's work, I doubt they would then hate it after reading other runs.
    Like it's an either or situation. You like these guys, so how can you possibly like that guy? I know everyone wants to think everything they've ever liked has been good and popular and its quality can't be brought into question because they enjoyed it but jeez.

Other writers wrap up people's storylines all the time so it doesn't necessarily mean he's staying.

I LOVED Slott's run at first. However around the ends of the earth time there has been a huge decline in interest from me. Not sure why. Could be the least interested in Spider-Man I've ever been. It might come from his lack of focus on Peter's personal life but I'm not really sure.

Hoping for a new writer to be soon to be honest. However at the start of his run Slott's stories were firing on all cylinders for me. Now i'm the least interested I've ever been in my favorite comic book character since I was little.

Like it's an either or situation. You like these guys, so how can you possibly like that guy? I know everyone wants to think everything they've ever liked has been good and popular and its quality can't be brought into question because they enjoyed it but jeez.
    I know, right? Like saying to someone who enjoys chicken "but have you ever tried steak or salmon??"

BANNED

I can't say, that I want Slott to continue, writing ASM, but then again, anybody who would, is probably being conservative. Unless they've read, not only the runs you mention, but any Spider-Man comic ever, and only if they like Slott's work on the title, more than any other (Lee included), would I not say, that they're being conservative. But that's me, someone far more adventurous, could say that even in that scenario, you can still hope for things to change, for the best.

BANNED

I'm dropping Spider-Man after Secret Wars anyways. Renew Your Vows will be my last Peter Parker Spidey book, at least for awhile.

BANNED

The way I understand his question, it's about having points of reference. You can be more confident, about making the right choice, if you have experience with a wide range of alternatives. And yes, everything is a choice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I know, right? Like saying to someone who enjoys chicken "but have you ever tried steak or salmon??"
    It's more like asking that guy, to try them, and see if, after doing that, they still want chicken on their table, everyday. Maybe they'll still want chicken, from time to time, but if you don't try steak, or salmon, or bacon, how are you going to know which one you prefer?