Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Honestly, I think he should. I enjoyed his work up until Ends of the Earth, but then Dying Wish and SSM happened, both of which were awful in my opinion (leaves a bad taste in my mouth to this day). After that though, writing is okay, but it's nothing really that great. I hope we get a new writer after Secret Wars, make it really feel like a new direction for Spider-Man.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I would love to see Slott on DD.
    Oh god please no. Oh god please, please, please no.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/...nt-know-about/
    Slott's not going anywhere, plus Miguel returns to the future.

Oh, for christ's sake. Oh well, guess I can spend that money elsewhere then.

Honestly, it feels like Slott has appointed himself the arbiter of Spider-Man's character, between tearing down virtually everything that other writers set up (other than the stuff that's truly bulletproof like Aunt May or Mary Jane) and wheeling out his own creations and telling us to love them instead. Which only makes me hate his writing more. Plus I just googled Camuncoli's art, and while it's better than Ramos', it doesn't seem like much of an improvement to me.

Seems like Spidey stopped being for me around 2007-which is unfortunate, since that's when I actually got into comics. Thanks, Marvel.

Plus it looks like Parker industries is still kicking around-because that's what makes Peter relatable, being a CEO of a company like a cut-price Tony Stark, while still acting like an immature jackass who ducks his responsibilities and leaves other people to tidy up the mess.

Honstly I'm not sure if there's anything that could make me buy this book with this creative team at all. The Dan Slott who's writing this reads like the guy that the Dan Slott who wrote Spider-Man/Human Torch and all those GLA issues was lampooning.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/...nt-know-about/
    Slott's not going anywhere, plus Miguel returns to the future.
    First my reaction to Slott maybe staying on ASM

and another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOxt9PoJNkg

But CM Punk writting the Dave Batista book? Take my money please Marvel.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    […] tearing down virtually everything that other writers set up (other than the stuff that's truly bulletproof like Aunt May or Mary Jane)
    They're more like vestiges, nowadays.

BANNED

I'm glad Slott's still on. He's better than pretty much any other candidate I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I'm glad Slott's still on. He's better than pretty much any other candidate I can think of.
    Marvel lost quite a few A-listers and key writers with this latest exodus... They gotta please the few that they have left.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Marvel lost quite a few A-listers and key writers with this latest exodus... They gotta please the few that they have left.
    The A-List writers left because they got tired of Marvel constantly cancelling their work and relaunching the series with a new #1 issue over and over again. Most writers do not like when their work a stopped for an event that doesn't hold their interest like Secret Wars.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-30-2015 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The left because they got tired of Marvel constantly cancelling their work and relaunching the series with a new #1 issue over and over again. Most writers do not like when their work a stopped for an event that doesn't hold their interest like Secret Wars.
    Hickman left and he was the one who cause it... That bum.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Hickman left and he was the one who cause it... That bum.
    Jon Hickman wanted to go out with a Bang!! And Marvel wanted to capitalize on that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The A-List writers left because they got tired of Marvel constantly cancelling their work and relaunching the series with a new #1 issue over and over again.
    That-- right there-- could not be further from the truth if you tried.
    Honestly, that is so deep in fantasy-land that I just don't know how to adequately respond to it.

The truth about relaunching a series with a new #1: It sells better. You get a spike. More casual readers see it as a jumping on point and your circulation/readership increases. Are there outliers to this? Yes. But in aggregate, this is FACT.

During the ALL-NEW MARVEL NOW meetings (back during the time frame when Superior Spider-Man was launching), there was a point where a good number of the books were not going to get new #1's. And there were "A-List writers" in the room complaining about that because they wanted their titles to get #1's as well.

There is what you, Darthfury78, want as a reader-- and that is totally cool. But when you start projecting your personal concerns/opinions/beliefs onto others, you're probably going to miss the mark by a wide margin.

The main reasons A-List guys leave is simple: They want to do new things, they've told all the stories they've wanted to tell with a particular character, and-- most likely-- the lure of spinning their A-List status into doing creator owned material. We live in a day and age where THE WICKED + THE DIVINE is being developed into a TV series and LUMBERJANES has been optioned for a movie. Beyond that, there's the creative freedom of "doing your own thing" (which is VERY appealing)-- and the financial benefits (beyond movie/TV rights) of A-Listers doing their own books. For example, at the end of the day, Scott Snyder makes more money doing an indie book like WYTCHES than he does doing an industry leader like BATMAN. No, really. That's true.

Long story short: Please don't ascribe motives to other people. You're not a mind reader and you're going to get it wrong. Honest.

Dan I remember you making a promise that you wouldn't come back around here :P, but it's very interesting to read your insight into the industry. Particularly the Snyder example.

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Dan I remember you making a promise that you wouldn't come back around here :P, but it's very interesting to read your insight into the industry. Particularly the Snyder example.

It makes sense. I don't know about Snyder and Wytches, but using Robert Kirkman, for example, he more than likely was paid a page rate or a contract when he was with Marvel to write Marvel Team-Up and whatever else he did. Now, think about the coin he makes off Walking Dead - merchandise, TV rights, books, etc. He gets that because he owns it. Granted there might have been something in his Marvel contract to get royalties (for example, maybe off a tpb), but he's not getting a cut of a Spider-Man movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Peter David.
    Charles Soule.
    Brian Bendis.
    Need I go on?