Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I feel like I was lied to about Breath of The Wild. It's a fine game, but so much of the praise seems to come from people who have never played an open world game before and are utterly blown away by concepts like non-linearity and NPCs having their own schedules.
    I feel that way about Breath of the Wild as well. It suffers from the same tired crap as other open world games do. The durability system can go to hell.

Ultimate Member

Well the producers and such have said that Andromeda isn't the start of a new trilogy, that it's more of a bridge to something new and different...so maybe we could see some of these characters again but I don't think that we'll get another trilogy with Ryder...maybe his/her kid or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I feel that way about Breath of the Wild as well. It suffers from the same tired crap as other open world games do. The durability system can go to hell.
    I normally don't mind durability systems. Didn't bother me in Dying Light or Fallout, but BoTW's system is pretty bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think it's going to take some getting used to for everybody. It's a different GALAXY. Everything is new. I'm so appreciative of what call backs and references to the original trilogy we do get. Mentioning the geth, the genophage, certain recordings in Alec's quarters, the Normandy blueprint. Anything that references my favorite games and characters in fiction is going to make me very happy. And with more hours of gameplay, hopefully Ryder and the squadmates can work themselves up to that level for me as well.
    Not sure how dad could possibly have had thatspoilers:
    unles he's a highlevel Cerberus agent, which frankly would not surprise me. Dude was shifty as frell
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Not sure how dad could possibly have had thatspoilers:
    unles he's a highlevel Cerberus agent, which frankly would not surprise me. Dude was shifty as frell
    end of spoilers.
    Yeah there's something about him that strikes me as Illusive Man-ish

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well the producers and such have said that Andromeda isn't the start of a new trilogy, that it's more of a bridge to something new and different...so maybe we could see some of these characters again but I don't think that we'll get another trilogy with Ryder...maybe his/her kid or something...
    Which I'm also cool with. They can gage how well this is received by fans and go from there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah there's something about him that strikes me as Illusive Man-ish
    Eveb if he's not part of that gang, he's still voiced by Clancy Brown. Dude's up to no good.

Cant trust Mr Krabs

Keep stumbling upon easter eggs from the original trilogy... one of my early favorites:

spoilers:
    Bane Massani, son of Zaeed, Kett Hunter on Eos.
    end of spoilers

I get so excited when I discover these.

Another one... a shotgun named after spoilers:
    Kal Reegar
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by cc008; 03-26-2017 at 01:33 PM.

So far, I really like the game: really fun gameplay, interesting missions, etc... I like that there are some challenges (I kept getting my ass kicked by the Architect last night).
    There are some bugs but the internet is blowing things out of proportions imo (as usual LOL).

However I'm definitely noticing weaknesses in the writing. The dialogue is silly sometimes but my main issue is elsewhere: you know in the previous Mass Effect games, you had the main storyline ("Defeat the Reapers") and then a bunch of subplots (the genophage, Geth vs Quarians, etc...). In Andromeda, we have a bunch of storylines (find a home / make planets viable, the Kett, the Remnants, the lost arks, the Scourge, etc...) but I don't really feel like one of these dominates the others enough to make them subplots.

So my biggest issue is the weak central narrative. But I haven't finished the game yet, so maybe that'll change overtime.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    So far, I really like the game: really fun gameplay, interesting missions, etc... I like that there are some challenges (I kept getting my ass kicked by the Architect last night).
    There are some bugs but the internet is blowing things out of proportions imo (as usual LOL).

However I'm definitely noticing weaknesses in the writing. The dialogue is silly sometimes but my main issue is elsewhere: you know in the previous Mass Effect games, you had the main storyline ("Defeat the Reapers") and then a bunch of subplots (the genophage, Geth vs Quarians, etc...). In Andromeda, we have a bunch of storylines (find a home / make planets viable, the Kett, the Remnants, the lost arks, the Scourge, etc...) but I don't really feel like one of these dominates the others enough to make them subplots.

So my biggest issue is the weak central narrative. But I haven't finished the game yet, so maybe that'll change overtime.
    Considering that the main Reapers arc was the weakest part of the original trilogy, I don't feel like anything has been lost here.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post

I'm up to the architect right now.. and it's not going so great lol.

But I actually feel the lack of a "main" mission allows me to fly around Andromeda and do what I want, when I want with out worrying about breaking up a main story. Even though they give you "priority missions."

To add.. I think that fits the bill of being a Pathfinder, too. You know? We're not Shepard anymore. Shepard's main mission was the Reaper threat. That was his mission as a Spectre and Commander in the Alliance Navy. Ryder's a Pathfinder with the sole, broad purpose of finding a home in the Andromeda galaxy. How he or she goes about that can be extremely different for one player to the next.
    Last edited by cc008; 03-27-2017 at 08:43 AM.

I tried multiplayer for the first time. They kept a lot of elements from the ME3 multiplayer which is good. The controls still take some getting used to. The jump jets are screwing me up and a lot of times it feels like a cheap version of Destiny. I only played 2 missions, one failed and one succeeded. There's 4 players and right now it's sort of a free for all until people start figuring out the nuances of each map and the waves. I can't melee for chit and a lot of times a good melee swat coulda saved my life. But for now, I'm going to hone my skills in the single player.
    Save Ferris...

Made Eos 100% viable last night. The Drone Recovery task turned out to be more of a pain in the butt than I thought though.

Can't wait to take on that main Geth base.
    Last edited by Supernature; 03-28-2017 at 12:27 AM.

I've made 3 planets 100% viable, talked to every living creature I possibly could have as many times as I possibly could have, and haven't noticed any facial animations that are anything worse that we've seen in the original trilogy. I don't know what the major freak out was over.