Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

I'd still rather struggle for an extra 5 seconds trying to talk to someone than running past them and automatically picking up a new task. That was infuriating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'd still rather struggle for an extra 5 seconds trying to talk to someone than running past them and automatically picking up a new task. That was infuriating.
    I have to say I was a bit woried about settlements needing my help in this game, given the Andromeda concept.

I'm not sure why they had to make the triangle button both the talk/open button and the melee button. Why not use the square for talking? 2 problems:
    First, I hate being in a battle and about to melee someone and instead everything stops so I can pick up loot.
    Second, I equipped the asari sword. It does a little teleport slash. When I'm not locked on a chest or a door, I'll do the teleport slash and end up teleporting over a ledge by accident.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I have to say I was a bit woried about settlements needing my help in this game, given the Andromeda concept.
    The tasks on each planet aren't as bad as in ME3... where someone on the Citadel may as well have asked you to walk their dog and take out the trash. They don't feel repetitive to me... and are all planet specific. I like that.

Update: All target planets 100% viable. Proud of that accomplishment. Getting some loyalty missions done before progression with the priority missions. Locating the other arks has proven to be my favorite/most exciting part of the story. And just had to make a decision during the salarian ark mission that I'm still wrestling with in my mind.

All planets at 100%. All loyalty missions done. Wrapping up side quests before starting what looks to be the end of the line. Going I can get it done by Wednesday; got a couple of training sessions and then it's a couple months of travel. Plus some unexpected projects coming up after this one is done. Good for the wallet, bad for playtime.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    "Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map"

YES!!!!

I'm glad too. It was neat at first, but after 70 hours I just wanna get to where I'm going.

Beat it two nights ago. At least the main story. Still going to run around and do all the other tasks now, because why not? The ending was satisfying for me. Nothing will ever come close to the suicide mission/Omega-4 relay/Collector base ending in ME2. To me, that was so epic and even though I've played that mission countless times, I still get nervous every time I launch that mission. That is the creme de la creme for final missions in my opinion. But Andromeda gets two thumbs up from me. Recommended and will CERTAINLY play over and over again.

(I believe the first patch is downloadable as well today)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Bioware actually fixed the animation

It really has gone a long way to reducing the uncanny valley effect, I've noticed some other scenes that have corrected animation as well(Drak headbutting the guy in the bar fight for one)

Doesn't make the writing any better but at least it's bearable to look at now.

If they were able to do this much in 2 weeks, how the hell did it make it out of the door in the first place? What, did they have the pull better animators off other projects or something?
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 04-07-2017 at 06:17 AM.

I'm kinda late to the party. Just passing by to give my thoughts about the game! I beat it last night and I'm so happy I could play it! I have been waiting for a long time (as a lot of people I guess ^^)

For me, it just felt like a Mass Effect game. The atmosphere is here, the characters are compelling and interesting (Ryder, Peebee, Drack, Vetra...) and the story got me hooked!
    Even before the patch, the game was playable. I guess for a new gen game, they could have worked a little more on animations. But it didn't break my immersion in the story. I love the original trilogy and it didn't feel any different ^^

The only thing that I think could have been avoided is the somewhat empty opened worlds. It's different and I'm not sure I like it, tbh ^^

Anyway, without spoiling anything, the ending is satisfying (real ending of the main quest, great last mission) and open enough that I can't wait for the next game!
    Last edited by Thiamma; 04-18-2017 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiamma View Post
    I'm kinda late to the party. Just passing by to give my thoughts about the game! I beat it last night and I'm so happy I could play it! I have been waiting for a long time (as a lot of people I guess ^^)

For me, it just felt like a Mass Effect game. The atmosphere is here, the characters are compelling and interesting (Ryder, Peebee, Drack, Vetra...) and the story got me hooked!
    Even before the patch, the game was playable. I guess for a new gen game, they could have worked a little more on animations. But it didn't break my immersion in the story. I love the original trilogy and it didn't feel any different ^^

The only thing that I think could have been avoided is the somewhat empty opened worlds. It's different and I'm not sure I like it, tbh ^^

Anyway, without spoiling anything, the ending is satisfying (real ending of the main quest, great last mission) and open enough that I can't wait for the next game!
    Thanks for your thoughts and I totally agree with everything you mentioned. The worlds can feel empty at times but I do feel like they're pretty gigantic and there are lots to do if you keep digging.

BANNED

I enjoy the game immensely, feels like the first ME game

man, another galaxy and people STILL trying to screw over the Krogan