Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I wonder which MA3 ending they will choose? I hope the synthesis ending, I think it has the most potential for future stories
    I'm guessing they're sidestepping the whole thing.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I wonder which MA3 ending they will choose? I hope the synthesis ending, I think it has the most potential for future stories
    My guess is that the mission to the Andromeda Galaxy left the Milky Way Galaxy before the events of Mass Effect 3 so as to be uneffected by whatever choice was made in that game. Since most of the endings were not really all that well received I think setting the new games totaly apart from ME3 would give the game creators a lot more freedom.

I would say if they have to go with one of the endings from ME3 it would be destroy. That leaves them the most wiggle room I think. Sure the Geth would be gone, but who is to say that a large group of them did not leave the Milky Way Galaxy long before ME3 so there could be a large presence of them in the Andromeda Galaxy.

We have no idea how long it actually takes to get to the Andromeda Galaxy So it could have left many years before ME1 even or centuries after ME3.

I have a feeling it takes place after the events of ME3... unless I'm missing something... intergalactic travel hadn't been achieved yet. At least in the games. I haven't read any of the books or comics. However... the Reapers were a Milky Way problem. A new galaxy provides a blank slate and I'm totally okay with that. Either way... I'd prefer it to be a blank slate anyway.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Gonna have to cut ties with Earth as well than. Real shame.

BANNED

After a few years of not showing anything, BioWare finally shows something. But it turns out they're still shows nothing.

Mass Effect: now with Metroid Prime scanning, and jump jets you seemingly have no real control over.

I wonder when they'll actually show something from this game? They've been showing this off without showing anything since E3 2014.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    After a few years of not showing anything, BioWare finally shows something. But it turns out they're still shows nothing.

Mass Effect: now with Metroid Prime scanning, and jump jets you seemingly have no real control over.

I wonder when they'll actually show something from this game? They've been showing this off without showing anything since E3 2014.

that guy in the beginning trying so hard to draw in consumers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    that guy in the beginning trying so hard to draw in consumers.
    It is part of Sony's PS4 Neo, now named Pro reveal. But if they wanted to draw in consumers, maybe they should actually show something of the game at this point. Let people know if it's just same ol' same ol', or if it will actually play good now. The very little shown in that video sure wasn't of any interest.

Well, they did show that blue alien is going to (very likely) be your wacky "funny" character I guess. That's something.

BANNED

It is part of Sony's PS4 Neo, now named Pro reveal. But if they wanted to draw in consumers, maybe they should actually show something of the game at this point. Let people know if it's just same ol' same ol', or if it will actually play good now. The very little shown in that video sure wasn't of any interest.
    Firmly rooting for same old, same old, but with better writing here.

Love the footage. Hate that I don't have a 4K TV at the moment. But I still plan on getting a Playstation 4 Neo this Christmas, if only to familiarize myself with it before I play Mass Effect 4. This game has a lot to live up to. Having a new console, a new main character, and a new galaxy to explore gives it plenty to work with. It still has the challenge of creating a new host of characters that don't have the same emotional attachments as the previous trilogy, but I think Mass Effect 3 did a good job of finishing Shepard's story. Mass Effect 4 is billed as a new beginning and I hope it starts strong.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

"Official 4K tech video" on a console that can't actually run native 4K? What's going on with these consoles? lol

Still haven't changed my stance on this game. That video did nothing for me. Show me that you're making an RPG and not some, "cinematic", dumbed-down, ham-fisted soapbox for social issues and we can talk.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 09-08-2016 at 07:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Show me that you're making an RPG and not some, "cinematic", dumbed-down, ham-fisted soapbox for social issues and we can talk.
    There are different philosophies in RPG design. And I'm talking proper RPGs, with funny dice and rules tomes you can kill somebody with, not video games.

There's a school of thought who swears by 5 page character sheets and modifiers and dice rolls for everything, and tabels and sharts for any situation.

And then there's the more modern breed who feel RPGs should be about the characters and their story, and strive to make the game mechanics as minimalistic and non-intrusive as possible.

Bioware obviously favours the more modern aproach, which is not dumbed down.
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-08-2016 at 09:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Firmly rooting for same old, same old, but with better writing here.
    Given how terrible of a third person shooter this series is, I'm firmly rooting that people handling the gameplay mechanics learned something from MGSV. Given how half assed they did everything before, same old same old for Mass Effect would be terrible. Ideally they'd go back to what was present in the first Mass Effect, but make it actually work...plus some other stuff.

BANNED

Given how terrible of a third person shooter this series is...
    I don't play Bioware games for the amazing game mechanics in much the same way I don't play Tetris for the gripping story. It's just not relevant.

Although going back to the first Mas Effect in terms of how the world works, how the story is fit together, that would be great. It was more SF and less awesome action movie.
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-08-2016 at 09:09 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There are different philosophies in RPG design. And I'm talking proper RPGs, with funny dice and rules tomes you can kill somebody with, not video games.

There's a school of thought who swears by 5 page character sheets and modifiers and dice rolls for everything, and tabels and sharts for any situation.

And then there's the more modern breed who feel RPGs should be about the characters and their story, and strive to make the game mechanics as minimalistic and non-intrusive as possible.

Bioware obviously favours the more modent aproach, which is not dumbed down.
    BioWare's RPG's are so dumbed down that they haven't really been RPGs for years. And there's nothing wrong with that, it would just be nice if they were actually good at what they were trying to do. If they want to make a third person shooter where you talk to people in the hub areas...cool. It would just be nice if they weren't totally **** at it.