Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Nah it was definitely new armor.
    I just checked. Loaded up the game and checked.
    It stays damaged.

He does have a brandnew undamaged armour from a DLC skin pack. Comes with a redish visor instead of his regular blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I just checked. Loaded up the game and checked.
    It stays damaged.

He does have a brandnew undamaged armour from a DLC skin pack. Comes with a redish visor instead of his regular blue one.
    Okay that's what I was referring to then. Because I'm playing through the game currently.. so it's not like I'm misremembering. He gets new armor, is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Agreed with 2, I suck at combat so I had to be more careful than in 1. Narrative mode made it better for me in 3, so I usually took Garrus and Javik everywhere unless it seemed more appropriate, story wise, to take someone else.

Which reminds me: I didn't care much about James in 3. Didn't take him unless I had to.
    Yeah Vega was hit or miss and I definitely agree that sometimes, story-wise, it makes sense to bring certain characters. Generally I take Miranda/Thane and Garrus in 2. Sometimes Tali if the mission has a lot of synthetic enemies. It also depends on what class I am in that play through as well.

Which reminds me... I'm kind of disappointed that Andromeda is taking away the class system as we knew it. I felt the classes added strategy to the game because you COULDN'T learn every attack or specialize in every weapon.

BANNED

Okay that's what I was referring to then. Because I'm playing through the game currently.. so it's not like I'm misremembering. He gets new armor, is my point.
    Your point was he gets new armour that signifies character growth, not a monetary transaction.

ETA: sorry, that was SomethingSomethingson, not you.

Does anyone else have EA Access? I'm looking forward to playing the demo on the 16th. Just like with the DA: I demo, whatever you do in the early access gameplay transfers when the main game becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Does anyone else have EA Access? I'm looking forward to playing the demo on the 16th. Just like with the DA: I demo, whatever you do in the early access gameplay transfers when the main game becomes available.
    I do, but I'm going to hold off until I get the full game. As tempting as it is to play some of it early, I know that I'm going to play some and then get stuck with something going on and not being able to go back to it until much later. So I'm just going to start at a time where I know I can really focus on the full game.

Just found out the early action is only 10 hours too. That would screw me up big time if I played through it all and then had to wait lol. I'd go crazy.

Ha, totally understand. Put in a couple of hours, and it's interesting. Trying to parse out my time. Combat is a little different at first, and I love the jet pack.

One negative, so far: character customization is far more limited than past games. It's a glaring difference, especially considering how robust it was in DA:I. Basically, you can take a preset and change the size a position of features, and that's pretty much it. You're such with the eye, nose, and mouth shapes, and have no say in little things like ear size or eyebrow shape.

It's not a deal breaker, but it's a tad disappointing. If you guys have been watching any coverage you already know this, but thought I'd brace you just in case. Also, just wanted to say something about the game that wasn't spoiler-y!

Played until I could in the trial and so far there are very noticable bad things but overall it's a great game imo.

Facial animations are awful and the character creation is embarrasingly bad. Other than that it's mostly a great experience for me.

The combat looks cool, but everything else is looking alarmingly...sloppy, at best. Outright bad at other times. The writing, voice acting and animations all took a step back.

I might wait on this one. I gave Bioware the benefit of the doubt with DA:I and walked away pissed.

That's a lot of disappointing first reactions... It's still Mass Effect and it's still my favorite franchise of all time. It's basically my Star Wars or Star Trek. Facial animations were never the greatest with Bioware, but I've heard it's REALLY bad in Andromeda. The lack of customization is also a bummer because that was one of the major, major aspects that pulled me into the series in the first place. Do we think it could be because it's just an early access demo with more customization in the full game? Or nah?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I been seeing the gameplay footage and holy hell the animation is bad. Characters walk like gorillas, facial animation and lip movement is stretched and Goofy.

I'm still hyped.

That's a lot of disappointing first reactions... It's still Mass Effect and it's still my favorite franchise of all time. It's basically my Star Wars or Star Trek. Facial animations were never the greatest with Bioware, but I've heard it's REALLY bad in Andromeda. The lack of customization is also a bummer because that was one of the major, major aspects that pulled me into the series in the first place. Do we think it could be because it's just an early access demo with more customization in the full game? Or nah?
    It's a whole new team making this one and there is a pretty likely rumor going around that it was in development hell for a long time, which seems very plausible given that this is what it looks like after 4-5 years of development and just how long it was before they started to show off anything from the game. The actual combat looks fine enough, but writing doesn't seem to good in a lot of places and the bizarre animations and character models only serve to distract during conversations. I play a lot of lower budget and old games with poor animation so it usually doesn't bother me, but in this case I've found it REALLY distracting, not actually paying attention to dialogue but just wondering "whats wrong with your face?!?!?".

Honestly the animations aren't all what you see in those videos. I spent almost 10 hours on SP doing everything I can, talking to everyone I can and it really isn't as bad as those few moments.

And I don't think the writing is bad as all. We have some cliché dialogue but it's Mass Effect, it's always been like that, not sure what people expected. Also, characters are frickin amazing.

Voice acting is great, better than great I'm not sure where that complaint comes from.