Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    The course is now going to come with a disclaimer, so students have some idea of what they're getting into. I've taken the liberty of preparing one they could use:

"Disclaimer - you're supposed to be grownups. You're going to be reading about grownups doing grownup things. If you can't handle that, don't be a whiny little bitch and try to ruin it for everyone else."
    And I would add, "It's okay to dislike something. It's okay to be offended by something. Criticism is encouraged. However, locking something away isn't criticism, it's championing ignorance."

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    And I would add, "It's okay to dislike something. It's okay to be offended by something. Criticism is encouraged. However, locking something away isn't criticism, it's championing ignorance."
    Yepperpepperdoodlydoo.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    You have the right to be offended. You don't have the right not to be.

The world is fucking doomed.

After reading the original article, that is what I'm convinced of.

Didn't Bechdel's Fun Home just win a Tony Award as well? And this toadstool moron wanted the original source material banned?

And I'm sick of trigger warnings. I'm with Spike-X, these people are supposed to be grownups. It would be nice to see them acting like it for a change.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

This isn't about trigger warnings. That's a whole different thing.