Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Wonder Woman September Solicits

WONDER WOMAN #44
    Written by MEREDITH FINCH
    Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and JONATHAN GLAPION
    GREEN LANTERN 75 Variant cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
    On sale SEPTEMBER 16 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
    Wonder Woman is on the trail of Donna Troy, who seeks refuge in London from both Diana and her past. But a new friend may be more trouble than help for the fleeing Amazon outcast!
    I guess the new and potentially troublesome friend is Strife, who's looming behind Wonder Woman on the cover. Doesn't it sound like Donna, as the fugitive, may be getting more focus than Diana? Maybe Finch prefers writing anti-heroes? Diana herself seemed to be more or less an anti-hero in the first arc, but if Finch felt she had to start letting Diana's heroism shine, maybe she decided to put more emphasis on someone who's probably still an antihero, in one way or another, for now.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #21
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA
    Cover by PAULO SIQUEIRA
    GREEN LANTERN 75 Variant cover by JOE QUINONES
    On sale SEPTEMBER 16 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
    The epic “Truth” arc hits close to the heart as dark secrets come to light, forcing Superman and Wonder Woman to question whether their relationship can work in this new world of identities revealed and questionable actions.
    And yet another solicit wonders whether the relationship can survive.

SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN #14
    Written by KAREN TRAVISS
    Art by ANDRES GUINALDO and RAUL FERNANDEZ
    Cover by NEI RUFFINO
    On sale SEPTEMBER 16 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
    It takes “Nine Days,” the gods say, for an anvil to fall to Earth from Olympus. But what happens when it strikes the world of men? Nyx, primordial goddess of night, is indifferent to the fate of the mortals below when she decides to teach her daughter Strife a lesson. Diana has nine days to step between two warring factions of godhood and stave off a disaster for those caught in the crossfire.
    Wonder Woman will also be showing up in another of the new books (even as Deathstroke's Olympian arc wraps up):

ALL STAR SECTION 8 #4
    Written by GARTH ENNIS
    Art by JOHN McCREA
    Cover by AMANDA CONNER
    On sale SEPTEMBER 9 • 32 pg, FC, 4 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T+
    Wedding bells ring out in Noonan’s bar as Bueno Excellente’s big day arrives. But an unexpected guest threatens to derail the celebrations as our heroes tremble at the coming of...Wonder Woman? Section Eight will never be the same—especially Sixpack, for whom the Amazon princess has some rather unwelcome news. Don’t miss the latest issue of the miniseries we now call ALL STAR SECTION 8!
    Last edited by Silvanus; 06-15-2015 at 06:08 PM.

It is a little tough to grasp why the leader of the island Donna was exiled from is feeling the need to track her down in a place that is nowhere near the island.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It is a little tough to grasp why the leader of the island Donna was exiled from is feeling the need to track her down in a place that is nowhere near the island.
    Diana said in the annual that Donna would be imprisoned on Olympus. I guess she gets free, perhaps with Strife's help, and Diana feels it's her responsibility to bring her to justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Diana said in the annual that Donna would be imprisoned on Olympus. I guess she gets free, perhaps with Strife's help, and Diana feels it's her responsibility to bring her to justice.
    So Donna's still a villain then?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So Donna's still a villain then?
    Well, she's at least still an "Amazon outcast," according to the solicit; I assume she still needs punishment and rehabilitation, at least as far as Diana knows. This doesn't necessarily mean that Donna isn't feeling remorse or trying to redeem herself; even though she's "fleeing," she could have some redemptive mission in mind. Who knows?

Well, she's at least still an "Amazon outcast," according to the solicit; I assume she still needs punishment and rehabilitation, at least as far as Diana knows. This doesn't necessarily mean that Donna isn't feeling remorse or trying to redeem herself; even though she's "fleeing," she could have some redemptive mission in mind. Who knows?
    Going by what Finch has given us so far, I'm not feeling too hopeful.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

IMO, it actually makes perfect sense for Diana to be the one to go after Donna. One, Diana is probably concerned that Donna could be a threat to innocents, particularly any male she may come across. Two, London is Diana's stomping grounds. Three, who else on the island could she possibly send? No one, like Donna, knows a thing about the outside world. What I find odd is that, of all the places in the world Donna could've escaped to, she went to London.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    What I find odd is that, of all the places in the world Donna could've escaped to, she went to London.
    Maybe Strife send her there to get Diana's helmet or Zeke's blanket of concealment or something like that? I'm actually glad that London is going to be a setting again; Diana's life there still needs exploration, though I can't say I'm confident that the Finches would explore it well.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

I absolutely can't wait to see how Garth Ennis writes Wonder Woman.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Maybe Strife send her there to get Diana's helmet or Zeke's blanket of concealment or something like that? I'm actually glad that London is going to be a setting again; Diana's life there still needs exploration, though I can't say I'm confident that the Finches would explore it well.
    Hopefully, there is a good reason. And while I'm not big on bashing an author, I have my doubts as well. But I really want to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    IMO, it actually makes perfect sense for Diana to be the one to go after Donna. One, Diana is probably concerned that Donna could be a threat to innocents, particularly any male she may come across. Two, London is Diana's stomping grounds. Three, who else on the island could she possibly send? No one, like Donna, knows a thing about the outside world. What I find odd is that, of all the places in the world Donna could've escaped to, she went to London.
    Far as I can tell, Donna is banned from the island. I don't see any problem as long as she doesn't set foot on the island.

As for Donna being a threat to men, that's not how the latest preview reads.

Far as I can tell, Donna is banned from the island. I don't see any problem as long as she doesn't set foot on the island.

As for Donna being a threat to men, that's not how the latest preview reads.
    Oh, I know. I was only commenting that one of the reasons Diana would be the one to seek her out would be because WW might not know if she would be a threat to innocents, particularly men. Furthermore, who else on the island do you think is capable of stopping Donna? As far as I know, she has the combat skills of Hippolyta. And I don't think any of the Amazons, save Diana, could defeat the queen in combat. Because, really, that's the only explanation, I can think of, for why a prematurely advanced Donna could stand toe to toe with Diana in combat.

BANNED

Why do we need more exploration of London? Except for the fact that Diana has living quarters there, there really was nothing more to it. Azz didn't explore it. Diana was just there, in London, and that was that. I know you don't like the Finches run and think they have done horribly so far, what makes you think they will do a bang up job in London?
    Last edited by wagthedog; 06-16-2015 at 04:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

My guess is that Strife lets Donna out of her prison just to tick off Wonder Woman. So Strife is back already yet no sign of Cheetah, Giganta, Dr. Psycho, Queen Clea........can we please get a change of pace here?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    My guess is that Strife lets Donna out of her prison just to tick off Wonder Woman. So Strife is back already yet no sign of Cheetah, Giganta, Dr. Psycho, Queen Clea........can we please get a change of pace here?
    I have a funny feeling that the magic eight ball is going to come up "Ask Again Later".