Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Why do we need more exploration of London? Except for the fact that Diana has living quarters there, there really was nothing more to it. Azz didn't explore it. Diana was just there, in London, and that was that.
    In my eyes, you just answered your own question. It still needs exploration because it hasn't yet been explored.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog
    I know you don't like the Finches run and think they have done horribly so far, what makes you think they will do a bang up job in London?
    What makes you think I think that? You quoted me correctly: "I can't say I'm confident that the Finches would explore it well."

Of course, not being confident doesn't mean I can't still hope. I haven't quite decided to quit yet, so I might as well hope that the Finches, if they're going to stick around at all, can do better.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 06-16-2015 at 05:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    In my eyes, you just answered your own question. It still needs exploration because it hasn't yet been explored.

What makes you think I think that? You quoted me correctly: "I can't say I'm confident that the Finches would explore it well."

Of course, not being confident doesn't mean I can't still hope. I haven't quite decided to quit yet, so I might as well hope that the Finches, if they're going to stick around at all, can do better.
    I guess I am asking about the exploration part of London is because if Azz didn't explore it, he obviously thought it was an unneccessary thing to do. I honestly don't care about the London aspect except if they give us a one or two line exposition on why she picked it. Otherwise, what is there to explore about London? Are they going to go to landmark places within the comic, and do we care about an artists rendition if they did? Not sure why London needs exploring.

As to the other question, you seem to really dislike the run, even disparaging the preview before seeing the entire issue, so that is why I questioned why you would think the Finches are even going to give you a sliver of hope.

BANNED

The Cathedral where Wonder Woman stabbed Ares is the Westminster Abbey, where the Kings and Queens of England are crowned
    Last edited by Aula_Magna; 06-16-2015 at 06:45 AM.

BANNED

Cool, I'm gonna give this bombshell nonsense a try. I usually don't like all-female teams for a multitude of reasons, the main being that it betrays the feminist principle of inclusion

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    I absolutely can't wait to see how Garth Ennis writes Wonder Woman.
    Wow!! Where was this announced?? That could be so cool...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Wow!! Where was this announced?? That could be so cool...
    It's a guest appearance by Wonder Woman in an issue of Ennis's All-Star Section 8, according to September's solicits.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 06-18-2015 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Corrected "Ellis" to "Ennis."

BANNED

It's a guest appearance by Wonder Woman in an issue of Ellis's All-Star Section 8, according to September's solicits.
    Isn't the All-Star Section 8 goofy adventures, or more like parody stories?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    I absolutely can't wait to see how Garth Ennis writes Wonder Woman.
    Doesn't he hate superheroes except Superman?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Doesn't he hate superheroes except Superman?
    I think that might be the case. His 'The Boys' series was fantastic, but it was a deconstruction of the superhero genre.

Spectacular Member

It's a guest appearance by Wonder Woman in an issue of Ellis's All-Star Section 8, according to September's solicits.
    Ennis or Ellis? Either would be cool...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Ennis or Ellis? Either would be cool...
    Ennis. Sorry about that.

ALL STAR SECTION 8 #4
    Written by GARTH ENNIS
    Art by JOHN McCREA
    Cover by AMANDA CONNER
    On sale SEPTEMBER 9 • 32 pg, FC, 4 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T+
    Wedding bells ring out in Noonan’s bar as Bueno Excellente’s big day arrives. But an unexpected guest threatens to derail the celebrations as our heroes tremble at the coming of...Wonder Woman? Section Eight will never be the same—especially Sixpack, for whom the Amazon princess has some rather unwelcome news. Don’t miss the latest issue of the miniseries we now call ALL STAR SECTION 8!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    I guess I am asking about the exploration part of London is because if Azz didn't explore it, he obviously thought it was an unneccessary thing to do. I honestly don't care about the London aspect except if they give us a one or two line exposition on why she picked it. Otherwise, what is there to explore about London? Are they going to go to landmark places within the comic, and do we care about an artists rendition if they did? Not sure why London needs exploring.
    My guess is that Donna is trying to explore how Diana was living as a normal person while there, but I'm sure that the author's reason has something to do with Lennox too. With that last part being said, I think that it's possible, and I'm hoping, that Donna's new friend is actually Wonder Girl (Cassie), who just happens to be there to investigate her heritage after leaving the Titans and finding out about her dad. She could still qualify as being a friend who's "more trouble than help", being a thief and all, and having two Wonder Girls in this storyline could be interesting and it would be a perfect way to introduce Cassie to Diana, an introduction that is long overdue IMO.

But then again, I could totally be wrong about this. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by PRgirl94; 06-21-2015 at 05:50 AM.