Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Discussion with Tom Brevoort on Spider-Man marriage

I had an interesting discussion with Tom Brevoort on Twitter tonight. Basically guys, OMD isn't getting undone, Peter and MJ are never getting married again. Marvel aint intersted.

Tom admitted that he understood I was invested in the marriage because thats how I grew up reading the character, so I replied that it means he knows a married Spidey could work for future generations because thats how they could also encounter the character, and he responed yes, but the future numbers who are still invested in it will dwindle to nothing. Ouch, cruel!

He is dead set on Spidey being youthful and is dead set on the marriage being something that "crippled" the book. Something that Marvel is unified on. So forget it, move on, it ain't happening. He even compared the marriage repeatedly as a bad idea, on the level of Batman fighting aliens. It's crazy how he could think that. Especially after what JMS did for it.

Also, he actually even said he thought marrying Spidey in a movie would kill the franchise, LOL! Seriously! It's a sad day but I can finally forget about my dream of seeing it happen in the movies. If Marvel is behind them and they are informing studios on how to go about things, we can expect them avoid marriage like the plague. Marvel obviously hated it with a passion and never want the world to know about it. So sad to see such a huge legacy so near and dear to the hearts of Spidey fans for 2 decades thrown away like trash.

Goodnight guys. Over and out.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 06-15-2015 at 11:26 PM.