Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe it's not because they can't think of ways, but because they don't want to tell that story? They prefer a single Spidey for reasons XYZ?
    Based on what he's said, it seems to me that because he already did "Peter and MJ being friends" during his Big Time era, that he wanted to go for something different, so he kept them apart during Superior (for obvious reasons), and then again for everything afterwards because he wanted to do other ideas outside of her, and even still was able to squeeze in Renew Your Vows in the middle there.

On one hand, I can understand why he would want to do this, if he has certain ideas and he wants to use different characters for it, I get it, but I can also understand why others would be upset about it, because these characters do mean alot to others, and seeing them tossed to the side or forgotten always feels bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Based on what he's said, it seems to me that because he already did "Peter and MJ being friends" during his Big Time era, that he wanted to go for something different, so he kept them apart during Superior (for obvious reasons), and then again for everything afterwards because he wanted to do other ideas outside of her, and even still was able to squeeze in Renew Your Vows in the middle there.
    Fair enough if he did, but I can't say that very many of his ideas were ones I ever wanted to see committed to print.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    On one hand, I can understand why he would want to do this, if he has certain ideas and he wants to use different characters for it, I get it, but I can also understand why others would be upset about it, because these characters do mean alot to others, and seeing them tossed to the side or forgotten always feels bad.
    Yeah, I don't think that the Powers That Be go out of their ways to tick fans off, but it's still winds of being a slap in the face irregardless of the intent.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Yeah, I don't think that the Powers That Be go out of their ways to tick fans off.
    Yes they do. It's something they've bragged about all over twitter
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-11-2018 at 04:59 AM.

BANNED

Tom posted something about marriage and heroes having children on Facebook, saying that while he felt it was "wrong" to see so much of it in comics nowadays, he believes it is a natural evolution and a potential necessity as the target audience ages.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Tom posted something about marriage and heroes having children on Facebook, saying that while he felt it was "wrong" to see so much of it in comics nowadays, he believes it is a natural evolution and a potential necessity as the target audience ages.
    And here's the source

On the one hand, it feels wrong to me that so many comics are about super heroes getting married and having children and being parents. On the other hand, this may be a natural evolution as the mean audience age gets higher.
    https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...01781673664512

Yes they do. It's something they've bragged about all over twitter
    There probably are exceptions.

Wonder what they'll do with that?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

He didn't say it was a potential necessity. I inferred that he wants a younger target audience.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    He didn't say it was a potential necessity. I inferred that he wants a younger target audience.
    So, OMD more or less happened in part to make the character more marketable to younger readers way back when and today the question is arising having married characters actually is a better selling point to the current younger audience?

If true, that's kinda ironic.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So, OMD more or less happened in part to make the character more marketable to younger readers way back when and today the question is arising having married characters actually is a better selling point to the current younger audience?

Married and having KIDS. I think the selling point for kids is they get their traditional superhero, but can relate to newest Superboy, Robin, or Annie May better then Superheroes who are endlessly stuck in their 20's or 30's.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 02-16-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Another thing could be they now have an established younger Spider-Man who is multi-ethnic to boot (which better reflects the shifting demographics of America) and can fill the role they wanted Peter to. As things now stand they are basically under utilizing half the fanbase (couples and younger kids) with their current marketing strategy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

People with this kind of mentality is why comic books don't advance in some aspects, or when they do, they regress shit, it's annoying.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    People with this kind of mentality is why comic books don't advance in some aspects, or when they do, they regress shit, it's annoying.
    I'd be fine a real hand off for superheroes.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

No. I think his point was that having a large number of superheroes with families is not the way to get a younger target audience.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    No. I think his point was that having a large number of superheroes with families is not the way to get a younger target audience.
    It's never hurt Dragonball.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's never hurt Dragonball.
    To be fair, DBZ already started with a family, and few people know or even care about Vanila DB, and Spider-Man is known for being a teenager, so there is a point in him having a family being a turn off for some people, but for other people seeing him grow up is part of the fun, kinda like Dick Grayson.