Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    All-New Member

These are killer. You obviously know what you're doing in terms of shot composition, the placement of characters and objects in a scene etc. etc. and the depth blur is great in some of these. However, much like what has already been said, I feel there's room for improvement regarding the lines, layering and the white spaces around each outline. It's an easy fix, though - once you learn how to use layer blend modes and different widths of pens and such (sorry for assuming you don't know these things- I may be wrong) then these pics will totally rule. But these are minor things - I'm looking forward to seeing more. I've nothing to say about the story and characters other than I love it all. Keep it up!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Renjo View Post
    These are killer. You obviously know what you're doing in terms of shot composition, the placement of characters and objects in a scene etc. etc. and the depth blur is great in some of these. However, much like what has already been said, I feel there's room for improvement regarding the lines, layering and the white spaces around each outline. It's an easy fix, though - once you learn how to use layer blend modes and different widths of pens and such (sorry for assuming you don't know these things- I may be wrong) then these pics will totally rule. But these are minor things - I'm looking forward to seeing more. I've nothing to say about the story and characters other than I love it all. Keep it up!
    I am not offended at all. What you assumed is true..Photoshop is a great tool--and I am still learning how to use all the functions. I welcome all criticisms and/or praise. I appreciate your comments, and anyone who takes the time to check out the web series.

Any advice on how to fix my line, spaces and white areas please share. I am basically learning as I go.

Pencil/ink scan

Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 06-17-2014 at 06:12 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

New page up

Cool stuff Excelsior. Getting better all the time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Cool stuff Excelsior. Getting better all the time
    Thanks to the advice in your comic tips thread. I really appreciate you sharing the knowledge. I intend to pay it forward.

BANNED

I redid the first two pages to explain the origin of the comic universe-within the comic aspect of war dogz. The first being the comic War Dogz--anthropomorphic tale of canine mercenaries, and the other being that of Abernathy, lowly janitor who unwittingly frees 4 genetically enhanced dogs that improve his life without his knowledge.

Let me know if I need to clarify this point more..I tried visually clues such as numbering the pages of the comic within the comic while leaving the outside universe pages numberless..etc.

Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 07-13-2014 at 06:53 PM.

BANNED

Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 07-18-2014 at 04:52 PM.

BANNED

Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 09-19-2014 at 09:05 AM.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

practicing a bit of composition and pencils using a tablet pen