Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

When Damian get Keith David as a pet? Has it been explained?

Also, is he still Super Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    This book was fantastic! Great characterization, great art, a big red Goliath (don't call him man-bat)! I'm eager to see Damian go on his road to redemption, but I'm apprehensive to see wha kinda of horrible things he actually has done. I also think that was probably one of the Heretics who grab Talia, no? All-in-all, this was just a pleasure to read (even with Nick Lachey)!
    It's not a Heretic, the symbol on the hand that grabs Talia matches the stone in the vault. I imagine it's this "Guardian" that Damian mentions to Goliath. Also, aren't all the Damian clones living in the jungle on that island?

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    When Damian get Keith David as a pet? Has it been explained?

This is the first time we've seen Goliath, so no.

Also, is he still Super Robin?
    Also no.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Anybody else notice that the dead bat on the cave floor is the same bat that Damian killed in the Nobody arc? Details people, details.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Anybody else notice that the dead bat on the cave floor is the same bat that Damian killed in the Nobody arc? Details people, details.
    A fine symbol for his year of redemption, and a nifty cape cinch to boot.

Reminds me of Cuthbert's rook skull fastened to his horse in The Dark Tower.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Astonishing Member

I've gotta say, I dig the Al Ghulness of this title so far, but I also like that Damian is almost positioned as one of DC's premiere Kung-Fu characters. If Lemire's Green Arrow run owed to Denny O'Neil's Question and Richard Dragon stuff (to say nothing of a smidge of Denny's Arrow, too) then this felt a little more like some of the post-Dixon League Intrigue that we used to get with Tim and Cass and such. But obviously in a majorly post-Morrison way.

Tibetan mountains ... some no-named mountain lord jerk ... amnesiac mountain wandering near Nanda Parbat ... a very Eastern vibe befitting Damian's heritage ... it's a bit Mike Barr/Batman and the Outsiders, too, which is obviously INSANELY appropriate for Damian considering that even though Morrison named him, rapid aged him and turned him into a little bugger we all loved to hate, Mike Barr did totally invent him. So Bialya was absolutely apropos.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Much like the above poster, I think this is fitting for the person that Damian is. It gets him away from Batman for a while, and delves into the past of an 11 year old assassin. I'm not a big fan of R'as and Talia, but at least this team seems to know that above all a Robin story is supposed to be fun. I might stick around for a while. Especially if we get more of Goliath eating enemies pets.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

I'm probably (most likely) going to be dropping Secret Six and putting this on the pull list. The more I've thought about this issue, the more I've been liking it. And the art is sort of pushing it over the edge for me. And even if I don't like Damian that much (although I loved him in the last GA issue), it's still a Robin book.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

I was wondering what exactly they could do with Damian if they stripped him of his Gotham supporting cast (and previous co-star), but this first issue answers that pretty well. I liked it a lot.

I like that Gleason seems to be taking him back to his League of Assassin roots, but keeping it at a manageable scale for someone his age. So it looks like he'll be revisiting the consequences of his assassin training in the field, adding to his menagerie, and keeping tabs on mother (and presumably grandfather too, at some point).

I'm actually hoping that the dream sequence stuff may be a recurring feature, because it'd allow him to have a "conversation" with the people who have redefined his moral compass even while in-continuity they're unavailable to him right now. And it'd give the book a core cast of familiar characters while he's off meeting new people (or at least, new to the reader).

I like how this book feels "different" than the other Batman titles.

Damien is a good enough character to have his own book, and here it is.

Makes me want to read the New 52 Batman and Robin series.

This is also one of the few issues where after I had to read it again to get it, art was beautiful too

BANNED

Loved it. Damian is SUCH an aristocrat, ha ha. I love his new pet, too, is it housebroken?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    I like how this book feels "different" than the other Batman titles.

Damien is a good enough character to have his own book, and here it is.

Makes me want to read the New 52 Batman and Robin series.

This is also one of the few issues where after I had to read it again to get it, art was beautiful too
    Man, agree on all of these. I haven't read B&R either; trying to scrounge up some money to do a large back issue pull soon just for those.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"