Amazing Member

Default Superman # 31 Preview

Here is the preview for Superman # 31

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...ew-superman-31

BANNED

I chuckled a bit at the reversal from that opening page of Superman being in Lex's chains and pose.

Colourist screwed up on the last page, Cyborg doesn't have regular skin on his arm (though it'd look better).

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I do like how Lex is still saying hilariously over-the-top sociopathic dick statements all over the place, just in ways that no one can call him on it. I will give Lobdell kudos for following on that, even if he hasn't done it best.
    Buh-bye

Actually, I think Lobdell writes a better Lex Luthor than Johns does.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Actually, I think Lobdell writes a better Lex Luthor than Johns does.
    I was thinking of Pak.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

This is Lobdell's last issue, isn't it? Johns takes over next month, and the bulk of the rest of the crossover is Pak and Soule.

A shame, in its way - Superman under Lobdell lost its way pretty quickly but it was a genuine shot in the arm when it started - and his run has had plenty of little bits I've enjoyed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    This is Lobdell's last issue, isn't it? Johns takes over next month, and the bulk of the rest of the crossover is Pak and Soule.

A shame, in its way - Superman under Lobdell lost its way pretty quickly but it was a genuine shot in the arm when it started - and his run has had plenty of little bits I've enjoyed.
    I agree with this. But I do got to admit he introduced a lot of good or at least interesting ideas and had decent scenes. His execution was lackluster but it was one of the stronger parts of the Superman titles between when Morrison left and when Pak and Soule came on. Hopefully Geoff Johns, Greg Pak, Charles Soule work good together and as work strongly together and as Lobdell, Soule and Pak was. Hopefully if they do a crossover arc it's better than the previous two crossovers though.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I chuckled a bit at the reversal from that opening page of Superman being in Lex's chains and pose.
    Same.

Maybe someone will take some of Lobdell's better ideas and actually make it interesting for fans. I mean, I didn't hate Lobdell's run, but because of this and that I'm glad we got a new writer.

I hope Lobdell goes out with a bang.
    We need better comics

It looks and reads very good. Looking forward to this next instalment of the Doomed crossover ...

I'm a bit sad to see Lobdell go. While some things could have been better executed (ie it would have been nice to get a complete arc with Rocafort that remained relatively straightforward as opposed to crossing over with other titles and/or implementing various side stories etc) I think he had some good moments during his run and dealt with some unnecessarily harsh criticisms. Oh well, that's the way it goes.