Page 475 of 492 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 7375

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I did some digging and found these after an earlier conversation regarding the Inhumans in Marvel Future Avengers.
    The coolest thing Medusa does (in the show) with her hair is in my opinion wrapping it around herself and Black bolt to create a shield.
    Last edited by Owl; 10-16-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Amazing Adventures Vol. 2 #10 - In His Hand - The World

The Inhumans are trapped by Magneto with devices precisely designed for each of their powers. Considering how unaware even the Avengers were of the Inhumans, it feels weird Magneto knows them quite this well. Turns out Magneto is making his own mutates, including one with hypnotism powers that mind-controls Black Bolt. Anyway, it seems the Inhumans are hopelessly trapped when Medusa seduces a guard and they break out. Magneto sees them and orders Black Bolt to attack and Black Bolt ... punches Magneto in the side of the head! A fight ensues and it appears Magneto blows himself up. I'm a little unclear.

In other news, it appears Joey is on the dock when he gets absorbed the Trikon. I don't get the point of the Trikon since they were just introduced last issue and this is the end of the story. And, to my knowledge, Joey is fine.

I truly can't overstate how bad this art is. Neal Adams was beautiful, while this is definitely sub-tier. That explains a good chunk of my confusion, particularly with Joey and with Magneto at the end, although that was rushed either way. But the story ends with the royal family together and ready to reclaim Attilan ... in Avengers #95!

This is the last issue of a series that started with some potential, grew into something quite enjoyable, and then plummeted back to Earth. I really liked the Roy Thomas and Neal Adams issues. But it felt the Magneto story that finished things off added nothing. Even in the final issue, you don't get the sense of trying to wrap anything up and the story putters along as business as usual. I know Gerry Conway is capable of something better than this story.

I'm looking forward to reading Avengers #95 next, although I probably won't be giving a synopsis/review of that one.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    The coolest thing Medusa does (in the show) with her hair is in my opinion wrapping it around herself and Black bolt to create a shield.
    Yes! That was awesome.

The cover looks like Gil Kane? Is that the interior? He is diff in my opinion, with odder angles and perspectives. Faces look ultra-chisled even.

I vaguely remember that Avengers # 95.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The cover looks like Gil Kane? Is that the interior? He is diff in my opinion, with odder angles and perspectives. Faces look ultra-chisled even.
    Cover is indeed Gil Kane. The interior is Mike Sekowski who appears to be a Golden Age penciler who I think was not regularly doing art at the time. The last story before Amazing Adventures #10 was Mystery Tales #44 in 1956. It appears he also pencilled some romance comics around the same time as this story (My Love, Our Love, etc., but it's hard to find out if it's a reprint or not).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

And now for something different, Marvel's Not Brand Echh parody issue on the Human Torch Crystal wedding!

It's on Marvel Unlimited for subscribers.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...nd_echh_1967_6

But you also read Comixology's preview.

https://www.comixology.com/Not-Brand...l-comic/605305
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And now for something different, Marvel's Not Brand Echh parody issue on the Human Torch Crystal wedding!

It's on Marvel Unlimited for subscribers.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...nd_echh_1967_6

But you also read Comixology's preview.

https://www.comixology.com/Not-Brand...l-comic/605305
    Where does anyone begin with talking about this

Just read the latest "Death of the Inhumans", I wasn't aware it came out. This mini continues to be a favorite of mine. Vox is becoming even more interesting than just some powerful being, I cannot wait for the last issue. Really enjoyed seeing the untold tale of Beta Ray and LockJaw (they need their own mini).
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Rumor coming out of NYCC is that the Inhumans (whoever is left after the current series) will be popping up in Donny Cates' Guardians of the Galaxy run.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...omics-mutants/

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Rumor coming out of NYCC is that the Inhumans (whoever is left after the current series) will be popping up in Donny Cates' Guardians of the Galaxy run.
    Well the good thing is that they'll also appear in Fantastic Four, I would rather see them in limbo than in Cates hands, he had done a very mediocre work (it's almost like Cates and Aaron are competing to become the new Bendis in level of awfullness)
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 10-23-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Still grinding that axe, eh?

The bad news that Cates will write the Inhumans again post the mini series, seems to confirm my fears that he'll use them as disposable villains as spoilers:
    it seems that by the end of the mini series they'll be turned in an army of Vox by the kree
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I guess it figures since he might carry over his Inhumans work into that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it figures since he might carry over his Inhumans work into that book.
    His Guardians line-up has me very interested so I wonder what he'll be cooking up here.