Page 1 of 492 123451151101 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Terrigen Mists: Incomparable Inhumans Appreciation

Old school and new school, an appreciation thread for all things Inhuman!

The CBR Community Inhumans Fan List
    Heroine Addict
    Child of the Past
    adameastment
    Dr. Banner
    Seren
    Blue Reloaded
    Alecto
    redrunner97
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 01-25-2016 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Updated fan list

BANNED

Last edited by Joe Acro; 05-01-2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Merged

BANNED

Last edited by Joe Acro; 05-01-2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Merged

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I'm glad to see the Inhumans finally become major players in the Marvel Universe. Just one question, though. Where is Crystal?

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I'm glad to see the Inhumans finally become major players in the Marvel Universe. Just one question, though. Where is Crystal?
    Its still a bit early to tell... much of the Royal Family has not featured beyond Medusa. Karnak's... gone. Black Bolt's missing. Maximus is with the New Avengers it seems. The rest haven't been seen yet so that might change soon. But I would really like Crystal to get a good and consistent role. Maybe with this scattering of the Inhumans she might be able to step up into a nice post instead of being Medusa's little sister who helps on occasion.

Amazing Member

Sorry, newb new to comics here; what's the deal with the Inhumans? I'm reading Ms. Marvel, an I gues she's an Inhuman? Is this a very old series/concept?

Quote Originally Posted by imawizard View Post
    Sorry, newb new to comics here; what's the deal with the Inhumans? I'm reading Ms. Marvel, an I gues she's an Inhuman? Is this a very old series/concept?
    Quite old, they were created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby where they first featured in Fantastic Four. At the moment, there is a big push by Marvel to promoting these guys as they had a presence in the past but kind of went back into the sidelines again and again.

Essentially, they are a splinter sub-species of mankind created by the alien Kree for use as biological living weapons but were abandoned. After that, they lived an isolationist existence and remained in hiding where they were led by a Royal Family headed by King Black Bolt. They are kind of different then Mutants as their transformation is determined by exposure to a substance called Terrigenesis Mist that gives the formerly human looking Inhuman with strange forms and powers. Its revealed in the pages of Infinity that the Inhuman's suffered a splintering where their people divided into numerous tribes with some of these interbreeding with regular humans and creating more of their kind.

After the events of Infinity, the Terrigenesis Bomb unleashed by Black Bolt has been released globally and is turning those with Inhuman ancestry into full fledged Inhumans. So, the new Ms. Marvel is one of those with an Inhuman ancestor and her powers have just become activated.

I really liked the Young Inhumans and would like to see more of them. I hope that with Inhumanity, some or all of them can be featured aiding Medusa.

I really liked Tonaja and Nahrees and thought their rivalry was a nice addition. Nahrees was stubborn and rebellious which clashed well with Tonaja's more strict leadership.

I also like that image of Alaris, but I didn't like the way he was portrayed in regards to the interior art.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I'm waiting for my girl Crystal to come on board ....

Wind Force - Fairly Strong But Not Storm Level 2.jpg

With Soule's Inhumans, I do wonder what Inhuman concepts will be revisited. In Inhumanity, I think its safe to say we get to see the Unspoken again (hopefully). Kind of hope the Hidden Ones that were those telepathic Inhumans that fought the Fantastic Four return. Plus, maybe we might see the Avians who outfitted the original Red Raven again... though that might be more in Invaders if its touched upon. Its said that the Avians were Inhumans who had wings and separated from their kin in Attilan when they started acting like they were superior to land dwellers.

Also, hope we get some involvement from the Alpha-Primitives. I mean, Attilan is gone, so what will their purpose be now?

I want to know more about the hidden Inhuman cities around the world. Has there been any new word on these new/hidden Inhuman societies since new Inhuman comic started? Are Thane's people still alive?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

chitti

BANNED

LOVE this drawing!!!! Medusa is my absolute favorite!!!!!!

Newsarama has Charles Soule talking about his Inhuman stuff happening with Original Sins. Kind of excited to see him use Black Bolt and I am curious to see who this old adversary is that is returning to the Inhumans in a big way. Hope its Maelstrom...

I love that drawing by Schiti. Is there anything the man can't draw with absolute awesomeness? Rhetorical question!

As for the Inhumans, aside from Black Bolt and Triton a little, I don't really care for most of the Inhumans. Medusa's kinda cool, but most of them come across as really lame. I would hope that the new series would give rise to some more awesome Inhumans.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/