Page 301 of 492 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 7375
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I hope the election thing falls through. I'm fine with Iso being Queen, but dissolving the whole monarchy is a step beyond too far for me. They already took out most of weird stuff of Attilan and after the promise of no more writing the Royals like superheroes I can't imagine what else would be left for them to when they came back to earth if that was taken from them. Plus I don't like the idea of Attilan becoming like regular human cities, especially without a single Attilan born Inhuman caring even a little bit.
    Iso can't be Queen if it's a democracy and the most she can be during the transition is maybe Regent until the election.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

We totally called Iso being regent while the Inhumans are in space btw :P

No one called Medusa abdicating though, we thought Maximus would oust her.

Ultimate Member

Well it's official, this event was garbage from beginning to end. Thank goodness it's over already.

Marvel seems to be getting rid of all it's monarchs. I imagine Atlantis is next.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

It was pretty cool to see Medusa finally use that hair punch thing. Now if only they could do a full fight with the hair armor from time crush.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I have some questions about BB:

Is he always invulnerable or he has to want to? In Uncanny Inhumans 0, he is hurt by a arrow.

When Black Bolt speaks people understand what he is saying or they just hear a giant explosion?
    His power is speech, but your super strength would need to extend to your ear drums to avoid deafness. I imagine it works like the Greybeards from Skyrim; if you're standing far enough away (say at the bottom of the 1000 foot mountain he's on) you can hear him amongst the crash of air molecules ionizing in front of the soundwave.

The thing about BB's voice is that he never uses it because it's almost a literal nuclear option. That's an end of story arc treat, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    His power is speech, but your super strength would need to extend to your ear drums to avoid deafness. I imagine it works like the Greybeards from Skyrim; if you're standing far enough away (say at the bottom of the 1000 foot mountain he's on) you can hear him amongst the crash of air molecules ionizing in front of the soundwave.

The thing about BB's voice is that he never uses it because it's almost a literal nuclear option. That's an end of story arc treat, if at all.
    He has used it constantly lately.

Either he has more control over it since Hickman or he has been nerfed a ton

What used to blow up mountains now kills one person wile everyone watches unharmed lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Time for some P R E D I C T I O N S ... ooooh.

1) Maximus will manage to swoop in with some scheme (maybe his "artificial terrigen") and win over the people's vote, but it's all just a ploy to finally wear the crown!... I'm guessing they won't be satisfied with his rule and when they try to impeach him he essentially becomes a dictator.

2) Swain will DIE in Royals, but Panacea (who would be able to cure anyone who dies, presumably) uses all her power to revive the only person she truly feels for, thus saving her life and sacrificing herself in deep space.

3) The NuHumans will be used as stand-ins for immigrants going forward, making a more clear comparison to real world events.

Y'all got any good predictions? Lemme hear 'em! I'm so stoked for ResurrXion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Right?

I love what Soule has done with Medusa and Nuhumans but what he's done with Black Bolts power is frankly bullshit.
    I think that's part of why he didn't really use him much. Black Bolt had more characterization than the other Royals, plus he added so many characters, so I can see why he'd push Blackagar to the sidelines... but even when he did use him, things never really escalated (he was missing in Inhuman / then he couldn't kill Kang without getting Ahura / and then Auran got his powers). Soule revolutionized the Inhumans, but I must admit I didn't really care for his writing on Black Bolt. Which is partially why I can't wait for Black Bolt's solo book. Hopefully there are very few thought bubbles... keep the mystery!

This fight was all over the place in terms power levels, I was half expecting Lunella to win a boxing match again Colossus.
    Did you guys happen to see Old Man Logan fighting... wait for it... Frank McGee! Lmao.

I was like "Nur's literally just an old dude with glowing eyes, Logan would kill him".

It was pretty cool to see Medusa finally use that hair punch thing. Now if only they could do a full fight with the hair armor from time crush.
    Amen.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He has used it constantly lately.

Either he has more control over it since Hickman or he has been nerfed a ton

What used to blow up mountains now kills one person wile everyone watches unharmed lol
    Not a gain of control but a lack of creators understanding his restraint.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post

Y'all got any good predictions? Lemme hear 'em! I'm so stoked for ResurrXion!!

By this time next year all the books will be cancelled and Ewing will move on to Daredevil or something. That's my prediction.

Can't see him going there, because there's no indication that Soule will be leaving Matt behind. If Ultimates2, Royals, and U.S.Avengers all get cancelled, he should be given another team book instead. He makes use of obscure or long unused characters. U.S.Avengers is clearly failing because people don't want to see the patriotic political theme. So revert it back to New Avengers? Or maybe an X book, still keeping Sunspot and Cannonball - a new New Mutants title? There is a NM movie coming out after all. There's options for him - I just don't see Daredevil being one.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Iso can't be Queen if it's a democracy and the most she can be during the transition is maybe Regent until the election.
    She's basically acting President. If she's holding elections, there is no monarchy, so she's not a regent.

If Ewings books get cancelled just give him Black Panther. That's a ship that really needs righting.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    Time for some P R E D I C T I O N S ... ooooh.

1) Black Bolts lasts 12 issues (two trades), sales are below 20K for the last 5. Story is fun but inconsequential and the art holds it back.

2) Royals lasts 14 issues... the combination of Ewing who can't sell + space which is a hard sell + no event to prop up the book sales wise sadly sinks a book that inhuman fans enjoy but no one else cares. Still think Gorgon dies. Everyone hates Marvel Boy and wonder why he is in the damn book and taking lines from people we actually like.

3) Secret Warriors outlasts them all, much to the surprise of everyone as digital sales keep it alive even when it sinks on diamond. Becomes the new lightning rod for linger X haters who complain "why is it still going on?" every month while jean grey gets cancelled in 6 issues.

4) I cry myself to sleep because Reader isn't in any books
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think I'd rather read a book about NuHumans in Attilan which focuses solely on their life there (in the vein of Top 10 or Astro City) rather than a regular superhero story.
    Pull List: