Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60
  1. #1
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,734

    Default What Marvel Event Do You Feel Was The Best And Had The Most Satisfying Ending?

    There have been many Marvel events over the past 2 decades, some very controversial and some not well liked.

    Out of all of the events over the past 20 years, which one(s) has been the most satisfying?

    Please refrain from rehashing old arguments about the events you did not like for reasons.

    My pick would be ANNIHILATION.

    Reasons?

    Villain who is a clear villain: Annihilus
    Heroic hero: Nova. No morally ambiguous hero.
    Good crisp story-telling: The whole writing team did a bang up job.
    Feats: Very good feats throughout the various stories
    Very satisfying ending.

  2. #2
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,490

    Default

    Secret Empire, if you read the entire 60+ issue run leading up to it, via both the #10 and Generations Cap. Emotions! Ew!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    That's what I have over Beelzebub now, Honoka-chan. He thinks he's a third-year school idol. I know what I am. And in this fight-- that makes me INVINCIBLE!

  3. #3
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Secret Empire, if you read the entire 60+ issue run leading up to it, via both the #10 and Generations Cap. Emotions! Ew!
    What about Omega? I thought it was a great philosophical confrontation between the two versions of Steve Rogers that made a very great statement about what Captain America really stood for.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #4
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    What about Omega? I thought it was a great philosophical confrontation between the two versions of Steve Rogers that made a very great statement about what Captain America really stood for.
    I love Omega, but it's less emotional payoff with conclusion and more of a look on the darker parts of the aftermath with teases for the future. I really like that about its structure. They kept #10 conclusive, uplifting, and satisfying, kept the last issue in Gens exclusively for Sam and his relationship to Steve, and had a separate issue to show where the pieces on the wider MU chessboard were going. They should always do it like that, so that the epilogue isn't the real and necessary end of the event's story, the actual last issue is.

    #FreeStevil #HelmutIsLonely #JambaJuice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    That's what I have over Beelzebub now, Honoka-chan. He thinks he's a third-year school idol. I know what I am. And in this fight-- that makes me INVINCIBLE!

  5. #5
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I love Omega, but it's less emotional payoff with conclusion and more of a look on the darker parts of the aftermath with teases for the future. I really like that about its structure. They kept #10 conclusive, uplifting, and satisfying, kept the last issue in Gens exclusively for Sam and his relationship to Steve, and had a separate issue to show where the pieces on the wider MU chessboard were going. They should always do it like that, so that the epilogue isn't the real and necessary end of the event's story, the actual last issue is.

    #FreeStevil #HelmutIsLonely #JambaJuice
    Do you think they should keep Stevil around? He's appeared in Punisher so far.

  6. #6
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    What about Omega? I thought it was a great philosophical confrontation between the two versions of Steve Rogers that made a very great statement about what Captain America really stood for.
    Ding ding ding, you got it right on take first try. Annhiliation is the best event Marvel has produced in 20 years and the sequel was pretty damn good, too.

  7. #7
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Do you think they should keep Stevil around? He's appeared in Punisher so far.
    Freevil Stevil better be a last page reveal in War of the Realms, get his own mini-series written by Spencer (just like The Batman Who Laughs), and be the biggest baddie of Jason's Vengies run. I will do unspeakable things to make this happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    That's what I have over Beelzebub now, Honoka-chan. He thinks he's a third-year school idol. I know what I am. And in this fight-- that makes me INVINCIBLE!

  8. #8
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Freevil Stevil better be a last page reveal in War of the Realms, get his own mini-series written by Spencer (just like The Batman Who Laughs), and be the biggest baddie of Jason's Vengies run. I will do unspeakable things to make this happen.
    I think Marvel beat you to it.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    Secret Wars Vol1#12.
    Story wise the limited series keeps being a page turner in all chapters.
    The conclusion is way cool. And it does have a closure to the main story, but at the same time it makes relevant changes to the super heroes appearing at this event for the future.
    Art wise, Mike Zeck and Bob Layton do a great work in the art through the twelve issues.

  10. #10
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Secret Wars Vol1#12.
    Story wise the limited series keeps being a page turner in all chapters.
    The conclusion is way cool. And it does have a closure to the main story, but at the same time it makes relevant changes to the super heroes appearing at this event for the future.
    Art wise, Mike Zeck and Bob Layton do a great work in the art through the twelve issues.
    Good choice but we want an event in the last 20 years.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Good choice but we want an event in the last 20 years.
    Oops.
    Thats right,My bad.Secret Wars 1 have more that 20 years.
    I will think of another event.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    Avengers vs X-Men#12.
    Story wise or art wise the 12th issue is a very good ending to one of my favorite events.

  13. #13
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,371

    Default

    In addition to Annihilation and Secret Empire, which have already been mentioned, I'd throw in JLA/Avengers. Nothing outright amazing or ground breaking about it, but it was a feel good story that was crafting with an amazing attention to continuity and detail you just don't fine in comics all that often anymore.

  14. #14
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Annihilation because of this panel when Richard gets back to Earth which is right after Civil War.



  15. #15
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In addition to Annihilation and Secret Empire, which have already been mentioned, I'd throw in JLA/Avengers. Nothing outright amazing or ground breaking about it, but it was a feel good story that was crafting with an amazing attention to continuity and detail you just don't fine in comics all that often anymore.
    Totally agree. I also enjoyed JLA/Avengers. And since you're the one who brought up Kurt Busiek & George Perez, I'll also add their collaboration with Fabian Nicieza & Mark Bagley on their Avengers/Thunderbolts crossover event (The Nefaria Protocols). Certainly one of my favorite eras of the Avengers, and definitely my favorite era of the Thunderbolts.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-31-2018 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •