Page 302 of 492 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 7375
    BANNED

The formula for Inhuman was perfect, a mix of old characters and new. But those story beats will never be picked up again because that's how Inhuman comics work. Somebody comes up with a good idea but because Marvel doesn't care it never stays in continuity. So Inferno and his family? Never important again. Reader? Naja? Maybe a spalsh page cameo in three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think I'd rather read a book about NuHumans in Attilan which focuses solely on their life there (in the vein of Top 10 or Astro City) rather than a regular superhero story.
    Ohhhh!!! That would be cool. Top10 or Welcome to Tranquility were among my fav books, and the small stuff I read of Astro City was cool.

Haha dang just finished IvX. Complexers are literally never going to get over that one. Gonna have to avoid the mainboard threads for a few days (or months).
    spoilers:
    I like Iso being in charge but not sure why Marvel is so pro-democracy lately. Sure it's better in real life but in comics monarchies are fun. This issue affirmed my love of Medusa. Didn't really get Havoc's motivations throughout. Loved seeing Ahura in a decently prominent role. Overall though the story beats were solid but execution was mediocre (some weird dialogue and art). Looking forward to Royals now that we know what the mission will be, not that I'm surprised.
    end of spoilers

Hopefully the inhumans will be left alone to deal with their own plots for a long time now, that's always their strongest stories (although Secret Warriors is already jumping straight into the next event)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    The formula for Inhuman was perfect, a mix of old characters and new. But those story beats will never be picked up again because that's how Inhuman comics work. Somebody comes up with a good idea but because Marvel doesn't care it never stays in continuity. So Inferno and his family? Never important again. Reader? Naja? Maybe a spalsh page cameo in three years.
    Example: What ever happened to Tonaja and the young Inhumans? Never mentioned again.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Example: What ever happened to Tonaja and the young Inhumans? Never mentioned again.
    to be fair, this is a problem not exclusive to The Inhumans. There are countless characters and plot threads left unaccounted for in the X-Men and Avengers books.
    Asmus had big plans to utilize Tonaja and the other Young Inhumans in future stories of All New Inhumans prior to the series getting cancelled.

All the complaints about Medusa acting out of character are so annoying. I swear 90% of the reviewers/commentors have never read the books. Medusa has always been trying to find a solution that worked for both sides. spoilers:
    Never before was she confronted with the choice between inhuman powers and mutant lives. And I don't think her decision was out of character at all. In fact it was the exact one I'd expect from her given her characterization throughout Soule's run
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    But they're essentially killing him already. They keep nerfing him.

The dude who has a plethora of powers got beat by Dazzler, cuz they wrote him stupid as using his voice over his other powers which he's never even done before.

And then again in this book where he doesn't have his voice (cuz reasons) but he now so low durable that Emma Frost is faster than he is and can somehow stab a whole arm through him?

That's some grade a bullshit imho.

Black Bolt tanks hulk and has super speed yet somehow Emma Frost is a bigger threat to him than the Hulk? I know they're just finding excuses to get him off the battlefield (like they did in the CW2 tie ins) but it's not even subtle anymore.

They seem to be running out of bs tricks since they're throwing him in space jail. But if he survives it we don't know.
    Yeah, it's pathetic how they need to dumb him down just to give a chance to a bunch of characters that have no chance to beat him whatsoever.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Did it settle the age of old dog inhumans vs human inhuman debacle?
    No, but it did lampshade it. When he was possessing a Brand scientist, he said "Inhuman Dog or Dog-Shaped Inhuman. Data's Inconclusive." It didn't solve the debate, but I'm always happy to see the debate kept in the public consciousness. His thought patterns in Lockjaw's body is very simplistic. That being said, Thorne has said that he thinks Terrigenesis caused Lockjaw's brain patterns to become more dog-like, so that doesn't prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So Black Bolt and Medusa are back just like that? Man, IvX was clearly a event made on the tighs, man... Johnny and Medusa break uo in a really ridiculus way, and I'm kind of like of the idea of BB on his own
    I think it makes sense thematically. Emma sacrificed everything for love and went crazy. Medusa said "screw love, duty is more important." The reconciliation seems to be about the good of her people more than love, but we'll see where it goes from there.

That being said, I didn't love this one. It's fine, but everything basically felt like it sped through at breakneck speed until the finish. I'm fine with it going the way we expected, but it had way too many "and surprise, this thing!" moments. I also thought the art was a bit confusing. I'm assuming Medusa pushed the button that destroyed the cloud, but I honestly thought it might have been Magneto.

No one called Medusa abdicating though, we thought Maximus would oust her.
    I thought she might abdicate, but I thought Maximus would just fill a complete power vacuum. Iso and elections surprised me. That being said, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    Y'all got any good predictions? Lemme hear 'em! I'm so stoked for ResurrXion!!
    I'm going to wait until after issue 20.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Default New Scene Descriptions From The Oahu Set Of The 'Inhumans' Revealed

Reel News Hawaii describes the scene as sort of a grand entrance for Black Bolt to the public eye. He shows up in the street via Lockjaw’s teleportation, causing a taxi to crash. The driver gets out to confront this weirdo in a black outfit and commotion ensues with local Honolulu enforcement arriving. People start surrounding them and begin taking photos/videos with their phones. Black Bolt yanks a phone from one of the people’s hands and points it at them as if it were a weapon and then takes off running. We’re guessing that like Thor, Black Bolt has no idea what these contraptions being used by civilians are and assumes it’s a weapon. The crew then removes the stand-in for Lockjaw from the scene implying that Lockjaw teleports away from the scene.

The scene descriptions tell us two things: 1) that the scene at hand is actually set in Oahu and isn’t a stand-in for some place in Attilan and 2) Black Bolt chose to appear in front of all those people for a really big reason. Some people are speculating that it’s the old Inhumans story of Crystal running away from Attilan and going into hiding with the humans and that Black Bolt is there to pick her up. While the idea is sound, it’s usually Gorgon, Karnak or Medusa who does these things so who knows what Black Bolt is really up to. It could be the beginning of a huge third-act set piece or just Black Bolt looking to buy an Orange Mocha Frappucino.

http://mcuexchange.com/new-scene-des...mans-revealed/

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Those articles are spoiling us! I wonder how Marvel/ABC's going to control leaks and all.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Those articles are spoiling us! I wonder how Marvel/ABC's going to control leaks and all.
    I think at this point-you might as well leak stuff. You are only doing 8 episodes and whose to say they won't shock everyone with a cameo by Moon Girl, Ms MArvel & Mosaic.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    Time for some P R E D I C T I O N S
    Ok my turn

1.Most of the things Soule tried to squeeze in will be dropped. Largely because Ewing is definitely against the Inhumans being superhero style and we can already tell from preview pics. Medusa looks depressed, where she was super happy at the end, BB and Medusa's marriage is going to get even rockier despite the end of IvX, and I imagine even if she doesn't call herself queen Iso will act like one, just having everyone stand while she is on the throne seems like a sign.

2.Iso won't do much if anything at all, despite being in an important and interesting position she probably won't show up or do much in any of the Inhuman books. Much like Ahura she is a character that is not including even when they should be.

3.Secret Warriors will be a tie in nightmare, Will Moss stressed how connected they would be to the rest of MU a little too much for my liking. They will be roped in all the events in someway or another.

4.Black Bolt will have delays. Following his twitter and considering he does his own coloring I don't think Ward will be able to keep up and I don't think they will get a fill in artist unless they really have too.

5.Black Bolt like Mosaic won't take place in the same time period as the rest of the Inhumans books.

6.Maximus will team up with Ultimate Reed richards, Ewing has had Reed in New avengers, and the preview showed him in Ultimates. He is important to the eternity wars plot line that Ewing is putting in all of his books. Max and Reed were pretty fun together in Secret Wars.

7.Kamala will Leave the Secret Warriors

8.Noh Varr will at least attempt to hook up with Crystal

9.The death in Royals will happen early in the run

10.Black Bolt still won't use his matter manipulation

Mosaic is catching up to the current timeline in either this arc or the next.

And I really really hope Crystal doesn't hook up either anyone. There's already going to be drama with Ronan - we finally get to see some fall out from them being force apart in FF which I'm fine with. What I'm not with is if she's continued to be to paired with every guy she comes across. I'd rather see Crystal's diplomat skills in action again and some exploration of her relationship with Medusa. They're sisters - but there's a bit of bad blood between them, even though Crystal is loyal as all get out to her. So many stories to tell with that.
    Last edited by Seren; 03-08-2017 at 07:53 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

The one day I forget to check newsarama http://www.newsarama.com/33493-the-i...yals-1.html#s3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Ok my turn

1.Most of the things Soule tried to squeeze in will be dropped. Largely because Ewing is definitely against the Inhumans being superhero style and we can already tell from preview pics. Medusa looks depressed, where she was super happy at the end, BB and Medusa's marriage is going to get even rockier despite the end of IvX, and I imagine even if she doesn't call herself queen Iso will act like one, just having everyone stand while she is on the throne seems like a sign.

2.Iso won't do much if anything at all, despite being in an important and interesting position she probably won't show up or do much in any of the Inhuman books. Much like Ahura she is a character that is not including even when they should be.

3.Secret Warriors will be a tie in nightmare, Will Moss stressed how connected they would be to the rest of MU a little too much for my liking. They will be roped in all the events in someway or another.

4.Black Bolt will have delays. Following his twitter and considering he does his own coloring I don't think Ward will be able to keep up and I don't think they will get a fill in artist unless they really have too.

5.Black Bolt like Mosaic won't take place in the same time period as the rest of the Inhumans books.

6.Maximus will team up with Ultimate Reed richards, Ewing has had Reed in New avengers, and the preview showed him in Ultimates. He is important to the eternity wars plot line that Ewing is putting in all of his books. Max and Reed were pretty fun together in Secret Wars.

7.Kamala will Leave the Secret Warriors

8.Noh Varr will at least attempt to hook up with Crystal

9.The death in Royals will happen early in the run

10.Black Bolt still won't use his matter manipulation
    And that is a damn shame!