Page 485 of 492 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 7375

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    You're thinking too literal. Just because something happens a certain way in the comics doesn't mean the movies follow it exactly.
    How could Kamala being interesting by becoming an Eternal? She is already interesting as an Inhuman and with her current powerset. Turning her into an eternal would complicate things for her.

Only Neil Gaiman was able to make them interesting in his limited series, all other attempts failed as they are practically characters hard to write. They practically have the same power set and are ridiscously powerful that they struggle to interact with the rest of characters of the Marvel Universe.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Well the Inhuman route would allow them to tie in I mean Carol is a human enhanced by the Kree, or has Kree dna, or it was a mix I don't really care any more but the point is human and kree being mixed with some science
    They might do the same with Ms Marvel as they did with Wanda and Pietro, but them being experiments fit in better with their history with the high evolutionary. They could possibly do what they did with mutants in the Ultimate comics, where humans did the science instead of the kree and made mutants.

Which is ironic because they made mutants to avoid convoluted backstories like the inhumans have.

Depending on how far down the line it is they could also just ignore that the TV show ever happened and use Kamala to introduce Inhumans into the films. So far the movies have not acknowledged any of the Inhumans or Terrigen fish pills stuff from the TV side of Marvel. So the door is still open.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    How could Kamala being interesting by becoming an Eternal
    That has nothing to do with what I just said.

Only Neil Gaiman was able to make them interesting in his limited series, all other attempts failed as they are practically characters hard to write.
    There's a certain level of irony here I don't think is intentional...

Depending on how far down the line it is they could also just ignore that the TV show ever happened and use Kamala to introduce Inhumans into the films. So far the movies have not acknowledged any of the Inhumans or Terrigen fish pills stuff from the TV side of Marvel. So the door is still open.
    I definitely think ignoring the TV show and just introducing the Inhumans in the movies is the way to go. Consider the TV show a What if scenario and move on.

Just imagine the Inhumans with the full on Jack Kirby aesthetic seen in Thor: Ragnarok. It'd be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I definitely think ignoring the TV show and just introducing the Inhumans in the movies is the way to go. Consider the TV show a What if scenario and move on.
    Yeah, the movies didn't acknowledge AGent's of SHIELD existence even before the appearance of Inhumans in the show, so I think that there could be chances for them to appear in the films and hopefully they'll be handled well and not by the guy who ruined both the Inhumans tv show and Iron Fist lmao.

Ahem, while I certainly thought Neil's mini was awesome, I have found various Eternals interesting all along. When Sersi was in the Avengers (but not Gilgamesh, so much, lol). During the Thor Ragnorok Celestials story around Thor # 300, the Eternals were Highly interesting. Somewhat likeable, but not as much was the Atlantis Attacks story running through Marvel Annuals, oh, around '90 or so. More info on the Deviants though.

Astonishing Member

1) Both Inhumans and Eternals need to be in the MCU tv and movies.
    2) Making Kamala an Eternal would then have Marvel either need to change what makes an Eternal an Eternal, or change what makes Kamala be Kamala.
    3) I said before Kamala being Inhuman does work a good Captain Marvel connection with Kree science and Human DNA, plus LOCKJAW the chances of him appearing increases more with her being Inhuman
    4) Can I just say I love the whole Skrull saying how "there are no more Inhumans once you die" to Kamala's ancestor and him saying "not today". Do you think this is G. Willow Wilson saying "Inhumans are still around", probably not but I am going to say it is, what about you?

Ultimate Member

You're thinking too literal. Just because something happens a certain way in the comics doesn't mean the movies follow it exactly.
    Unless it's the Fantastic Four. Never mind everyone else doing whatever.

I really doubt they would turn in her in a eternal. It wouldn't have sense and I don't see how it could be interesting giving her more powers and turn her in a ridiculous op character, people would lost interest in her.
    They haven't yet.

And it doesn't seem to stop folks from liking some guy in a Bat Suit or Man/Maiden of Steel or some guys with green rings or a woman who can be any animal she wants or a mutant weather witch.

In other words-they can be OP all they like as long you write them good.

I just read this on CBR about the Infinity War art book. I've always assumed that this was going to be their way into the MCU given the order of the original movie schedule pre-Spider-Man's incorporation. They could've had them in Infinity War anyway and just have waited to give them a solo film later or just not give them a solo film. I don't know if it's better to know this or worse.

"[...]the original scripts had the Inhumans as the ones who held the Soul Stone on their city on the moon. Thanos would invade it, causing a massive battle that would include Thanos fighting Black Bolt and the rest of the Royal Family. This would set up their own film of the Inhumans revealing themselves to the world. However, as everyone knows, Marvel shifted their plans when they got Spider-Man for the MCU."

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I just read this on CBR about the Infinity War art book. I've always assumed that this was going to be their way into the MCU given the order of the original movie schedule pre-Spider-Man's incorporation. They could've had them in Infinity War anyway and just have waited to give them a solo film later or just not give them a solo film. I don't know if it's better to know this or worse.

"[...]the original scripts had the Inhumans as the ones who held the Soul Stone on their city on the moon. Thanos would invade it, causing a massive battle that would include Thanos fighting Black Bolt and the rest of the Royal Family. This would set up their own film of the Inhumans revealing themselves to the world. However, as everyone knows, Marvel shifted their plans when they got Spider-Man for the MCU."
    That hurts....Because that seems like a great introduction into the Inhumans, sort of references or parallels Infinity and just opens the door for so many great new avenues for the MCU imo. I am sad that this will never come to pass. Seeing the Royal family in the MCU on the big screen would have been epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    That hurts....Because that seems like a great introduction into the Inhumans, sort of references or parallels Infinity and just opens the door for so many great new avenues for the MCU imo. I am sad that this will never come to pass. Seeing the Royal family in the MCU on the big screen would have been epic.
    I agree completely. And to add insult to injury, every time they're mentioned on here, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Tinder, etc. it's followed by a mountain of hate and petty remarks because people used them as scapegoats for the X-Men crisis.

I agree completely. And to add insult to injury, every time they're mentioned on here, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Tinder, etc. it's followed by a mountain of hate and petty remarks because people used them as scapegoats for the X-Men crisis.
    I won't give my opinion on the whole IvX debacle again, because it will start a debate, but I agree. I am constantly berated for being an avid Inhumans fans and it hurts to see this hate for the IP. There were plenty of ways to end IvX that would have been less controversial and allowed the Inhumans and X-Men to both coesxist harmoneously after the event.

But back to the movie, I still think the Inhumans could be a very interesting and different type of movie franchise if Disney/Marvel at any time need or desire to expand the cosmic side of their universe. I would love to see a War of Kings/Realm of Kings type story for the Inhumans be told on the big screen. Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon, Maximus, Lockjaw, Triton, etc. deserve it.

Very interesting news. Is there a link?