Page 489 of 492 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492 LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 7375
    Astonishing Member

I see the Royal family except Maximus if they make him a villain, maybe none of their children unless Marvel wants to throw some curve balls and add characters that are only in the comics. For some non Royals Ms. Marvel and Quake, maybe Inferno and/or Moon Girl and/or Flint, and again curve ball one of the Young Inhumans, you know the foreign exchange ones.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I see the Royal family except Maximus if they make him a villain, maybe none of their children unless Marvel wants to throw some curve balls and add characters that are only in the comics. For some non Royals Ms. Marvel and Quake, maybe Inferno and/or Moon Girl and/or Flint, and again curve ball one of the Young Inhumans, you know the foreign exchange ones.
    It really sucks that they forgot about the Young Inhumans. I think Flint's geokinesis looks really fun for a videogame. Ahura's powers too, but they haven't brought him into the spotlight.

I cannot believe that Crystal is in a promotional image for this game! Haha. I hope Medusa is playable. We got close with Marvel Heroes Omega where she was a team-up, but I don't think she has been playable in a game on a major console before.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 12-07-2018 at 12:15 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It really sucks that they forgot about the Young Inhumans. I think Flint's geokinesis looks really fun for a videogame. Ahura's powers too, but they haven't brought him into the spotlight.
    I'd like to see Iso's Air pressure power in a video game.
    #InhumanSwag

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Hope Medusa appears as well. I always thought her powers would be awesome in this series.
    Exactly this! Medusa's powers in animation and games could be so visually interesting. I would think if they bothered to include Inhumans at all in this game then Medusa and Black Bolt are almost guaranteed to be playable. I mean they were front and center for most of the Inhuman storylines of the past few years. They had way more exposure than Crystal. And in my opinion it would make sense to include at least two more Inhumans (royals) so you could create an all Inhuman team and get a team synergy.

So here is hoping for BB and our queen!
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 12-07-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Really excited for this game and yes if Medusa is playable even as DLC I'll have more reasons to buy this game (it's a good thing I have a switch already xd).

You're taking this way too personally. Writing a story where bad stuff happens to characters doesn't mean you don't like them.

Because, by and large, there's far less attachment to the Nuhumans than the royals.
    Dude, in that mini-series the writer didn't show any care about the characters. The inhumans with exception of Black Bolt were practically background characters in their own story. Cates was more interested in writing Beta Ray Bill and introduce him for his future run of the Guardians of the Galaxy rather than writing the Inhumans. SO no, this is not personal opinion, it's a fact that Cates lies about caring about the Inhumans, and he should be ashamed for lying. There should be a law that should ban him for writing them forever.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 12-07-2018 at 01:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I'll try to summarize it. The editors wanted him to do a book that would get people talking about the Inhumans. He said he actually turned down the offer to write the inhumans a couple times because he felt they were very difficult to write. He said didn't want to involve the terrigen mist, He didn't want all the political chess piece stuff and wanted an action/revenge story. He went to the Marvel retreat and said he wanted to do John Wick in space and apparently everyone except Joe Quesada was against killing Lockjaw. Joe's logic was that because everyone reacted like this, then they HAVE to do it. Apparently saying they haven't had a ruckus like that in their meeting since the pitch for Origin. This video was probably them hyping it for the trades.
    Thanks. That sounds plausible based on the results of the story.

I'll be honest. I'm not a writer and never expect to ever write comics, but I've thought of story ideas over the years as sort of "if I did write comics, this is a story I'd love to write." I also love the Inhumans a lot. But I don't think I've ever thought of a good Inhumans story to tell. I know I probably wouldn't want a typical Mist story or yet another Maximus story. Other people have told those stories better. So I can sympathize with the idea that the Inhumans are not the easiest to write. This is honestly why I was so impressed with Soule's run. I thought he told uniquely Inhumans stories that were still accessible to everyone and kept going for so long.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I forgot to mention he said also part of the reason the inhumans are hard to write is Black Bolt and lockjaw are the only two characters people have really latched on to and they can't talk.
    Last edited by mung; 12-07-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I forgot to mention he said also part of the reason the inhumans are hard to write is Black Bolt and lockjaw are the only two characters people have really latched on to and they can't talk.
    If I was a writer worth any salt, I'd accept that challenge and actually make an effort to tell a good story even with those kind of limitations. As much as I hated the premise, DoI had a promising start (not counting the mass killing of the universal Inhumans) and it quickly dwindled. The last issue was just horrible, proving that the book was indeed a complete waste of time. I just hope it will be ignored going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    If I was a writer worth any salt, I'd accept that challenge and actually make an effort to tell a good story even with those kind of limitations. As much as I hated the premise, DoI had a promising start (not counting the mass killing of the universal Inhumans) and it quickly dwindled. The last issue was just horrible, proving that the book was indeed a complete waste of time. I just hope it will be ignored going forward.
    It was amediocre story from a mediocre writer that didn't give a damn about the characters and lied about it. I also hope that this mini is ignored forever just as he ignored all the past contiunity of the Inhumans and that he never writes them ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Thanks. That sounds plausible based on the results of the story.

I'll be honest. I'm not a writer and never expect to ever write comics, but I've thought of story ideas over the years as sort of "if I did write comics, this is a story I'd love to write." I also love the Inhumans a lot. But I don't think I've ever thought of a good Inhumans story to tell. I know I probably wouldn't want a typical Mist story or yet another Maximus story. Other people have told those stories better. So I can sympathize with the idea that the Inhumans are not the easiest to write. This is honestly why I was so impressed with Soule's run. I thought he told uniquely Inhumans stories that were still accessible to everyone and kept going for so long.
    ResurreXion sucked for an inhumans renaissance. There's so many places to go with the inhumans. I see Thanos and the Kree as inhuman villains because they affeced their stories the most. Lash was interesting because he went with the story. Maximus has gotten played out. I thought Cates was inventing a new villain, but he didn't. Marvel fears change now, that's why this "fresh start" is to calm down some readers who want the same thing. The inhumans represented a change in Marvel because they went in another direction. When I saw Arctilan I sighed because it was like Marvel gave up and was lazy. I would like to see a nuhumans book with old Attilaneans, teenage Luna, and nuhumans who want to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    SO no, this is not personal opinion, it's a fact that Cates lies about caring about the Inhumans, and he should be ashamed for lying.

There should be a law that should ban him for writing them forever.
    See the part about taking it too personally.

I just hope it will be ignored going forward.
    Unless someone out there is really, really attached to Triton, I don't see it being ignored.
    Last edited by Holt; 12-07-2018 at 07:20 AM.

My thoughts exactly. The last issue assured us that this DoI was a waste of time and was only used to kill off some characters for absolutly no good reason. They're not going to bring Cates's new Kree to anything else. It would've been interesting if they actually used Vox to attack other heroes, or used them to as the Kree intended which was the whole premise they established.

Astonishing Member

See the part about taking it too personally.

Unless someone out there is really, really attached to Triton, I don't see it being ignored.
    Cates ignored Gorgon therefore nothing stops the next writer from ignoring continuity.