Page 480 of 492 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 7375
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Why was Beta Ray Bill in this at all?

He's not a merc, and in terms of themes has nothing in common with the Inhumans. Hell, even as muscle, he barely seemed needed
    Maybe if it is well liked enough he was hoping to be able to write a mini are Lockjaw and Bill team up

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Why was Beta Ray Bill in this at all?

He's not a merc, and in terms of themes has nothing in common with the Inhumans. Hell, even as muscle, he barely seemed needed
    Because Cates was more interested in writing him than the Inhumans, the mini series was his cheap excuse to bring him back.

I honestly have no problem with wiping out the "side" inhumans to take them closer to their core concept. Whatever, that is fine.

My issue is with Cates execution. The story simply sucked.

- I still don't understand who Vox was/is fully. I still don't know why he looked like the ahura design

- there was no reason to depower Black Bolt again. There was no reason to forget all his other powers again. His solo should have reminded all marvel writers he is more than a screaming dude.

- There was no reason for BRB, as much as I like him, to be in this story

- it ignored so much continuity, recent continuity, for no reason

- the story wasn't engaging at all. If you could sum up the damn story in three sentences, it is a shitty story.

If you want to tell a "clean up of inhumans" story, fine, go for it. At least make it abotu the inhumans, at least show the inhumans in all their glory, and at least make it a good story.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It hardly cleaned up the Inhumans, New Attilan and the majority of Nuhumans exist. Only the queens and their entourage were killed, the rest of the universal inhumans were fine. Those ten thousand Inhumans in space were specifically said to not be affiliated with anyone. Only four named Soul creations died, none of which were being used. I wouldn't be surprised if someone ignored their deaths because Triton was the only Identifiable Vox.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I honestly have no problem with wiping out the "side" inhumans to take them closer to their core concept. Whatever, that is fine.

My issue is with Cates execution. The story simply sucked.

- I still don't understand who Vox was/is fully. I still don't know why he looked like the ahura design

- there was no reason to depower Black Bolt again. There was no reason to forget all his other powers again. His solo should have reminded all marvel writers he is more than a screaming dude.

- There was no reason for BRB, as much as I like him, to be in this story

- it ignored so much continuity, recent continuity, for no reason

- the story wasn't engaging at all. If you could sum up the damn story in three sentences, it is a shitty story.

If you want to tell a "clean up of inhumans" story, fine, go for it. At least make it abotu the inhumans, at least show the inhumans in all their glory, and at least make it a good story.
    And honestly reading the final issue it's more obvious that Cates didn't come up with the story by himself. That the excuse of "Marvel editors didn't force me to write this story" is pure and big bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    It hardly cleaned up the Inhumans, New Attilan and the majority of Nuhumans exist. Only the queens and their entourage were killed, the rest of the universal inhumans were fine. Those ten thousand Inhumans in space were specifically said to not be affiliated with anyone. Only four named Soul creations died, none of which were being used. I wouldn't be surprised if someone ignored their deaths because Triton was the only Identifiable Vox.
    I don't expect to see much of the Nuhumans going forward other than the ones who actually have their own series or are part of teams, like Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't expect to see much of the Nuhumans going forward other than the ones who actually have their own series or are part of teams, like Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl.
    Well from the sound of it Naja seems quite popular, plus a unique design and good personality so I wouldn't rule out someone wanting to use her.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

^ I mean, you picked one who did in fact die, though.

Who did die, exactly? Naja, Glass Girl, Sterilon, Flagman, and Maximus? Is that right? [ETA: Triton, I suppose]

In theory, some of the older Inhumans from previous runs would be most likely to have died on Arcilan compared to the NuHumans on New Attilan, but it's arguably ambiguous.

I still don't understand how killing off all those "killed" by Vox with the exception of the royal family freed the royal family. I didn't even necessarily realize he killed off everyone else. It looked like he could have just killed off a handful.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 11-10-2018 at 06:19 AM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I really hope that future writers of Inhumans decide to ignore all the crap that Cates have written and make it like it never existed.
    They ignored everything they put into continuity in Royals, like they ignored secondary Terrigenisis, the Inhumans from pre-Infinity, etc. I hope they ignore whatever meaningful story there was. He didn't add anything to their story/mythos. He just "killed" like four notable characters.

I don't think editorial came up with anything. They should re-read the ideas being thrown at them, but seeing how they approved IVX, I'm surprised anyone thought this could go well. I thought they were going to put the ex-royals on hiatus and give more emphasis on the inhumans who had success thanks to the push (Ms Marvel/Moongirl). I don't know where they expect them to go from here though. The House of Agon doesn't have the Moon anymore, and I don't want to see them on Attilan since they abdicated and brought Inhuman lore to the modern era. I'd like to see them join other teams or just team up.

People just see them as monarchs, but they've always been protectors. Rome was an empire, now it's a democratic republic.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I mean, following continuity feels like the exception not the rule when it comes to Inhumans. Al Ewing is the exception because Al Ewing is amazing, but there's quite a bit of inconsistencies over time.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post

I don't think editorial came up with anything.
    I gotta disagree. After all the things that went wrong with the push, coupled with the big elephant in the room, this definitely read to me like a deliberate attempt to close the book on the 2013-2018 period of the Inhumans. We know the Royals will be showing up in the new Guardians run, and that's honestly what I expect will be the pattern for these characters going forward; guest appearances and supporting roles for the royal family and pretty much everyone else falling off the face of the Earth.

On an unrelated note, I thought it was very cool that the Inhumans showed up here.

As usual Triton gets the shaft big time. Nice job Cates. I'll make sure I don't pick up anything you write in the future. Having Beta Ray Bill did what? Absolutely nothing. No relevance whatsoever to the situation. Marvel ruined the Inhumans in more ways than one. I couldn't be more disgusted with this outcome.

I gotta disagree. After all the things that went wrong with the push, coupled with the big elephant in the room, this definitely read to me like a deliberate attempt to close the book on the 2013-2018 period of the Inhumans. We know the Royals will be showing up in the new Guardians run, and that's honestly what I expect will be the pattern for these characters going forward; guest appearances and supporting roles for the royal family and pretty much everyone else falling off the face of the Earth.

On an unrelated note, I thought it was very cool that the Inhumans showed up here.

The only thing that went wrong with the push were created conspiracy theories that never happened because they were never true.

We got great great new characters and additional inhuman history. The Death of Captain America, Wolverine, the Human Torch, etc., never lasted long and these "Death of..." arcs are used to motivate/scare people into reading more. If editorial did come up with killing those few inhumans, they aren't doing much. Cates ended their Moon thing if anything, and created a new status quo. Death of X didn't change anything except for getting rid of adult Cyclops, who's coming back anyway. Everything else was forgotten, which will most likely happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The only thing that went wrong with the push were created conspiracy theories that never happened because they were never true.
    Not sure what this is referring to.

The Death of Captain America, Wolverine, the Human Torch, etc., never lasted long and these "Death of..." arcs are used to motivate/scare people into reading more. If editorial did come up with killing those few inhumans, they aren't doing much. Cates ended their Moon thing if anything, and created a new status quo. Death of X didn't change anything except for getting rid of adult Cyclops, who's coming back anyway. Everything else was forgotten, which will most likely happen here.
    The key difference between this and all of those was that the books you just mentioned were already popular and kept going even after those "Death of" storylines. This series just came out after the past several failures to get Inhumans books to stay afloat and as well as after the disastrous run of the Inhumans TV show. Like I said, this read very strongly like deliberately putting the kibosh on all the Nuhumans/Inhumanity stuff.

Not sure what this is referring to.
    It's refering to the conspiracy that the push meant the end of the X-Men, or that it had anything to do with them in comics.

The key difference between this and all of those was that the books you just mentioned were already popular and kept going even after those "Death of" storylines. This series just came out after the past several failures to get Inhumans books to stay afloat and as well as after the disastrous run of the Inhumans TV show. Like I said, this read very strongly like deliberately putting the kibosh on all the Nuhumans/Inhumanity stuff.
    I wouldn't say they were failures because they had good stories plus Ms Marvel was successful. They make "Death of" events all the time, and this one didn't knock off the key characters of the inhumans. If they had killed every single inhuman I would agree that it was to clean up everything, but (so far) it didn't happen.