Page 394 of 492 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 7375

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Another day another x-fan driven Inhumans hate thread.
    I don't think it's ever gonna stop. Scarlet Witch is still hated a lot for something that happened more than 10 years ago and that was already retconned to not be really her fault.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Another day another x-fan driven Inhumans hate thread.
    It comes with the territory. Just be zen about it and don't let it stop your enjoyment of the Inhumans. As I said in that thread, I'd be happy to be part of a cult following that really is into its subject.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    The Royal family is coming to Avengers Academy: https://news.marvel.com/games/73617/...ngers-academy/
    Totally loved Medusas' desing there (Excited for her other ranked costumes). Can't wait to see Crystal and the rest of the Royal family. Also loved Kamala's costume and it's cool that Quake will have one too.

And OMG Cat-Loki!!!!! (I know he is not Inhuman, but that skin is so freaking awesome!!!!)

This weeks tripple load of inhumans really made my day.
    Once and future kings: I still donīt know what to make of the Unspoken. He seems like a good guy (or at least a just king) in this issue, after looking like a villain in the last. For me it maybe was because of his interactions with Medusa in the last issue. I know that BB and Medusa are supposed to end up together so I root against him, but in retrospective it wasnīt like he was forcing Medusa, he had a plan..sure, but she didnīt reject him and we donīt know, how would he react if she did.
    Royals: It was cool to see a power of one of the wives. We didnīt really get to see universal inhumans use theit powers in the FF run and that alwas seemed a bit wierd to me. Especially considering how big of a deal this is in Attilan. I would like to know what each of their powers are.
    Black Bolt: I was happy to see Black Bolts electron harnesing power used. Time must flow differently in the prison though. BBs timeline and AMs timeline donīt seem to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It comes with the territory. Just be zen about it and don't let it stop your enjoyment of the Inhumans. As I said in that thread, I'd be happy to be part of a cult following that really is into its subject.
    True, but it's what made me stop visiting the forums for awhile. It just got so depressing when your favorite franchise is constantly crapped on with abandon.

There has to be some lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It is worse now because the tv show is out. Haters gonna hate. It will blow over eventualy and the internet crusaders who are so heroicaly "fighting" inhumans will go back where they came from.

Edit: I didnīt express what i wanted to say correxctly. What I meant was, that some people consider all attention aimed at inhumans attack on their own fandom that demands couter attack. The tv show draws attention to inhumans fandom more than anything in a long time, so they are louder than usual.
    Last edited by Owl; 09-06-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    True, but it's what made me stop visiting the forums for awhile. It just got so depressing when your favorite franchise is constantly crapped on with abandon.

I'm in a similar position, isn't like there are many threads we can discuss Inhuman stuff without ye old "inhumans suck and are just cheap rip offs of x-men" posts derailing stuff. even in an appreciation thread.

It's definitely amounted to me spending less time here and more time catching up listening to podcasts like Attilan Rising.

Incredible Member

Just saw that other thread. Yeesh. The X-fans' misplaced anger is sad. Instead of being angry at Perlmutter or whoever is making the calls to dial back the X-Men line they're taking it out on fictional characters. That's just insane. Another character who also always gets hate is Captain Marvel with threads regularly popping up about her failure. Not sure what drives the hate train there though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Just saw that other thread. Yeesh. The X-fans' misplaced anger is sad. Instead of being angry at Perlmutter or whoever is making the calls to dial back the X-Men line they're taking it out on fictional characters. That's just insane. Another character who also always gets hate is Captain Marvel with threads regularly popping up about her failure. Not sure what drives the hate train there though.
    And yet I sided with both Inhumans and Carol despite fans doing everything they can to paint them as evil.

I can only hope that the show does well on ABC and X-fans finally move on from the constant bashing because when they started rooting for the Internment camps they crossed the point of no return.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 09-06-2017 at 05:05 PM.

And about the tv show, spoilers:
    is just me or are we supposed to cheer for Maximus ?
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Well, the Complex is a 800 pages thread of that and we get called crazy for that as well. And about Captain Marvel is mostly the sales.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    And yet I sided with both Inhumans and Carol despite fans doing everything they can to paint them as evil.

I can only hope that the show does well on ABC and X-fans finally move on from the constant bashing because whenthey started rooting for the Internment camps they crossed the point of no return.
    Dont worry, once AvX 2 starts, the X-board will mostly forget about the Inhumans.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 09-06-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And about the tv show, spoilers:
    is just me or are we supposed to cheer for Maximus ?
    end of spoilers.
    Well, Marvel does lots of disinformation or bait and switch, so I would think that maybe something else will happen.

As far as the hate that some X-fans have, they merely want a universe where only those characters are in it. Just Mutants, it seems.

I like my Marvel universe more complete and perhaps too, these younger fans don't know (or care) but the Inhumans was 50 years old in '65. X-Men only have 2 more years on them.

The X-Men struggled to become more popular after their first series ended up canceled and then reprints of earlier issues. Once the New X-Men arrived it was forward, forever.

But for me it became very hard to see them as this oppressed minority, when by the early '90s there were so many characters, well, it seemed like there were more mutant characters than all the other Marvel heroes together. I'm serious.

So they became a non-minority and to me, lost that thing that made them special.

But I've always loved the Inhumans. Quite frankly some of the most significant stories and character arcs involved them.

There has rarely been a more classic love story than Crystal and Johnny, period.

There tie - in with the Kree make them a far more important cosmic component to Marvel's greater universe, than the X-mythos. In my opinion.

The moving of Attilan to the moon itself, was an awesome story, and even included a mention of Phoenix' death on the moon, 'cuz John Byrne.

The Inhumans have had previous series or mini-series, which the former did fail, more than once. But the X-Men failed for years too before they got better. And so did lots of other characters, if you know the history far back like others do.

Spider Woman, Captain Marvel (in various incarnations), New Warriors, Nova, on and on - things come and go.

Nothing at Marvel *fails* forever. It.comes.back.

And at some point the Inhumans will hit their stride and become more important and popular.

Meanwhile the X-Men will be in their more or less private movie universe where they never meet the Hulk, or Spiderman. Never fight Galactus. Never play *their* role in the Infinity Gauntlet. And so on.

Because their fans want them to be isolated and Fox doesn't care either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post

The line is what you see not only from them but the attitude by entitlement fans-is everything wrong with comics.

Every stereotype about us is showcased with their behavior.

And what is really sad about it is-why are they not attacking everyone else? You know Blade, Avengers, Dr Strange, Iron Man, Capt America, Thor & GOTG? Where is the attack for Spider-man? Black Panther? Carol Danvers? Runaways?

You know the franchises who PROVED Marvel can survive without X-Men?

That is reality.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I liked Royals for the character moments. Also because the Snarks were legitimately threatening? Who would have thought that?

Regarding Black Bolt:

spoilers:
    I did say the one way that would work the best of Lockjaw being a dog is if he's a product of the experiments of Agon and Rynda. I like the idea that he was essentially a companion of Black Bolt (maybe that's why they both have tuning forks), although it contradicts the early issues that made him "Crystal's dog." The art for those pages was good to. Of all the ways to handle it, this one is probably the hardest to get around. I'm not sure I buy Gorgon and Karnak pulling a prank on Quicksilver in The Thing #3, but the original story has been thoroughly retconned.
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Lockjaw will always be Crystals dog to me. I'm glad the tv show is pushing that. That's all I'm saying about Black Bolt. I haven't read the whole issue yet.

Really enjoyed Royals. Some great character beats for his issue.

Once and Future Kings: Noto can do no wrong. Now I have to actually read it and not just look at the gorgeous art XD
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Well, Marvel does lots of disinformation or bait and switch, so I would think that maybe something else will happen.

As far as the hate that some X-fans have, they merely want a universe where only those characters are in it. Just Mutants, it seems.

I like my Marvel universe more complete and perhaps too, these younger fans don't know (or care) but the Inhumans was 50 years old in '65. X-Men only have 2 more years on them.

The X-Men struggled to become more popular after their first series ended up canceled and then reprints of earlier issues. Once the New X-Men arrived it was forward, forever.

But for me it became very hard to see them as this oppressed minority, when by the early '90s there were so many characters, well, it seemed like there were more mutant characters than all the other Marvel heroes together. I'm serious.

So they became a non-minority and to me, lost that thing that made them special.

But I've always loved the Inhumans. Quite frankly some of the most significant stories and character arcs involved them.

There has rarely been a more classic love story than Crystal and Johnny, period.

There tie - in with the Kree make them a far more important cosmic component to Marvel's greater universe, than the X-mythos. In my opinion.

The moving of Attilan to the moon itself, was an awesome story, and even included a mention of Phoenix' death on the moon, 'cuz John Byrne.

The Inhumans have had previous series or mini-series, which the former did fail, more than once. But the X-Men failed for years too before they got better. And so did lots of other characters, if you know the history far back like others do.

Spider Woman, Captain Marvel (in various incarnations), New Warriors, Nova, on and on - things come and go.

Nothing at Marvel *fails* forever. It.comes.back.

And at some point the Inhumans will hit their stride and become more important and popular.

Meanwhile the X-Men will be in their more or less private movie universe where they never meet the Hulk, or Spiderman. Never fight Galactus. Never play *their* role in the Infinity Gauntlet. And so on.

Because their fans want them to be isolated and Fox doesn't care either.
    Actually, the X-Men can fight Galactus, and the Skrulls, it's all tied to the FF rights. I read, don't remember where, that the plan was to make the Fantastic Four cross over with the X-Men, but it was cancelled because of the FF movie failure, hopefully they will go back to it when they got the FF movie done right.