Page 307 of 492 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 7375
    BANNED

X-Fans generally loved Gillen, Carey, Spurrier, Asmus, Bunn and plenty of others. And even the more divise writers (Brubaker, Fraction, Bendis, Aaron, Remender, Wood, Hopeless, etc) still had their fans as well as their ups and downs with the larger fanbase.

I think the only writer who X-Fans almost universally reviled was Lemire.

Also you guys are really trading up by snagging Ewing. I'd kill to get him on an X-Book finally.
    Last edited by DDM; 03-09-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

^ I will be disappointed if Jeff Lemire is on the universal reviled list and not Chuck Austen.

BTW, I think Al Ewing should be writing an Excalibur book. It's the book he was born to write (along with the Fantastic Four).

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    In their defense most of Soule's presence in X-books has been killing mutants.
    But that's still an absurd criticism. A guy hired to write a story about the death of Wolverine shouldn't be blamed for his death. The better question is whether the story is good or not. And events and mini-series aren't the best way to judge how a writer writes an ongoing series. Check out his work on Thunderbolts, She-Hulk, Daredevil, and, yes, the Inhuman books to find out.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    X-Fans generally loved Gillen, Carey, Spurrier, Asmus, Bunn and plenty of others. And even the more divise writers (Brubaker, Fraction, Bendis, Aaron, Remender, Wood, Hopeless, etc) still had their fans as well as their ups and downs with the larger fanbase.

I think the only writer who X-Fans almost universally reviled was Lemire.

Also you guys are really trading up by snagging Ewing. I'd kill to get him on an X-Book finally.
    Yeah I'm pretty happy with our three resurrection writers. I don't like any of them as much as Soule (not just his Inhumans stuff, his Daredevil and She hulk are great) but they all have massive potential to reach that level for me.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    NOOOOO, please Inhumans fans make a petition to keep Soule as a writer in some of your titles, PLEASEEEE!
    Why? I'd sooner start a petition to keep him off Inhumans forever. His Medusa is an unlikable and incompetent bitch, he writes by far the most pathetic Black Bolt of all time, and generally his time on them has done nothing but make the comic community at large HATE them. He ruined BB/Medusa, ruined Emma, and basically left the Inhumans in shambles and other writers are going to have a hell of a time picking up the pieces.

I don't think so...I think he's setting it all up so Ewing can pick up right where Soule left off. It'll be fine. I am REALLY looking forward to Royals.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I don't think so...I think he's setting it all up so Ewing can pick up right where Soule left off. It'll be fine. I am REALLY looking forward to Royals.
    Me too! The arts been really growing on me.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I wish I was more excited about either of the upcoming Inhumans titles. One of the great joys of reading Inhuman books for me in recent times has been seeing their community and how it interacts with the world outside it's walls. Unless I am grossly mistaken neither of the new books will be showing that much. Secret Warriors will be a pretty straight forward team of supers, and with the limited cast of royals most of that will be absent thus turning them into another team like the Guardians or the Starjammers. None of the elements that really excite me about the Inhumans look to have much of a place in what is to come. I get that people want to see the Inhumans be Sci-Fi, but this isn't that....this is a small handful of characters being sci-fi, and they happen to be Inhumans.

Am I going to try them out? Sure am. But I am holding out hope for New Attilan to become prominent in the pages of something, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    I wish I was more excited about either of the upcoming Inhumans titles. One of the great joys of reading Inhuman books for me in recent times has been seeing their community and how it interacts with the world outside it's walls. Unless I am grossly mistaken neither of the new books will be showing that much. Secret Warriors will be a pretty straight forward team of supers, and with the limited cast of royals most of that will be absent thus turning them into another team like the Guardians or the Starjammers. None of the elements that really excite me about the Inhumans look to have much of a place in what is to come. I get that people want to see the Inhumans be Sci-Fi, but this isn't that....this is a small handful of characters being sci-fi, and they happen to be Inhumans.
    Am I going to try them out? Sure am. But I am holding out hope for New Attilan to become prominent in the pages of something, soon.
    While the first arc will be set in space, The Royals will be returning to earth to take part in the final act of Secret Empire and it's entirely possible they will stay on earth. It's also possible that Ewing will maintain a subplot about what's afoot on New Attilan. Inhuman Prime should give us our best look at the general agenda of Ewing's plans for The inhumans.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    While the first arc will be set in space, The Royals will be returning to earth to take part in the final act of Secret Empire and it's entirely possible they will stay on earth. It's also possible that Ewing will maintain a subplot about what's afoot on New Attilan. Inhuman Prime should give us our best look at the general agenda of Ewing's plans for The inhumans.
    I really hope they make sense of the timeline at some point since I think the royals going back into space to discover their kree origins and how the terrigenis process works is taking place after Ivx and inhumans prime but before secret empire since the royals are shown in previews to be involved in secret empire and we already know that the secret warriors team forms during secret empire conflict which consist of moon girl, Karnak, quake/daisy johnson, and ms.marvel/kamala khan.

And with the royals most likely not returning back to earth until 20 issues or 15 issues in since Ewing I believe has revealed that they'll be in space traveling the cosmos for three arcs before returning to earth and since its monthly that most likely won't happen until late next year long after secret empire has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I really hope they make sense of the timeline at some point since I think the royals going back into space to discover their kree origins and how the terrigenis process works is taking place after Ivx and inhumans prime but before secret empire since the royals are shown in previews to be involved in secret empire and we already know that the secret warriors team forms during secret empire conflict which consist of moon girl, Karnak, quake/daisy johnson, and ms.marvel/kamala khan.
    And with the royals most likely not returning back to earth until 20 issues or 15 issues in since Ewing I believe has revealed that they'll be in space traveling the cosmos for three arcs before returning to earth and since its monthly that most likely won't happen until late next year long after secret empire has ended.
    good point.
    I suppose a lot depends on Lockjaw's range in terms of teleportation.

Niffleheim

Ewing has me strongly considering jumping off this inhuman train I've loved so much. I love the Inhumans because of the development and updates they have gotten but .... Royals will certainly get me commuting to the first arc but he isn't getting more than that if it doesn't hook me or stand on its own I'm out. I keep remembering Mighy Avengers and Ultimates - I don't have the patience to be sucked in again .
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-09-2017 at 09:56 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post

Have the Royals actually been shown in interior art for Secret Empire or just the cover Medusa was on? Because the chitauri are in Secret Empire and the royals fight them in issue 2 I think. I honestly think they just have them fight the chitauri on the chitauri's way to earth so they can have a mini-tie in to Secret Empire, but the Royals won't actually feature in it beyond that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    I agree Doc, and I am not abandoning ship here, just saying that what a have heard so far is in direct opposition to the things that I have liked most about the Inhumans in recent years. There may very well be the things I like that we just aren't hearing about. But not hearing anything about them makes it hard for me to be excited.

So far we have heard

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

If anyone has read the fantastic first Inhumans solo book from '75, that's the vibe I'm hoping Ewing captures in his run (or at least the first arc or two featuring the Royals in space... after that, who knows?). It was an epic adventure across the stars and some of those images (the giant ant thing, the cosmic landscapes, weird planets, all the Royals crammed into their ship's cockpit, etc.) are engraved in my memory as classic Inhumans moments. It's about time they were revisited in such a light.

That's why I'm not worried in the least about this "super sci-fi" Inhumans turn, in fact that's why I'm really freakin' excited!!

Also, I LOVE the art previews (the covers are too flashy though, IMO). Meyer is one of my favorite current artist and I couldn't be happier he's working on an Inhumans title.
    Last edited by redrunner97; 03-10-2017 at 12:49 AM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    If anyone has read the fantastic first Inhumans solo-book from '75, that's the vibe I'm hoping gets captured in Ewing's run (or at least the first arc or two featuring the Royals in space... after that, who knows?). It was an epic adventure across the stars and some of those images (the giant ant thing, the cosmic scenes, weird planets, all the Royals crammed into their ship's cockpit, etc.) are engraved in my memory as classic Inhumans moments. It's about time they were revisited in such a light.
    That's why I'm not worried in the least about this super sci-fi Inhumans turn, in fact I'm really freakin' excited!!
    Also, I LOVE the art previews (the covers are too flashy though, IMO). Meyer is one of my favorite artist and I couldn't be happier he's working on an Inhumans title.
    I know what you're talking about! The Purple Planet, Faizon and Shatterstar... those tales were crazy fun. Just old school A.E. Van Voght style sic-fi wildness. I definitely get the sense Ewing is going to try and harken back to that vibe I'm also very excited for it.

That coupled with Christian Ward creating a Jack Kirby/Jim Starlin love child in his preview images for Black Bolt has all my Marvel cosmic sensors on full blast.
    Last edited by Doc Sonic; 03-10-2017 at 01:21 AM.