Page 295 of 492 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 7375
    BANNED

It’s more “Mad Max in Space”-centered so I really wanted their look to reflect that this is something different, especially to readers when they read the book; this is not a super hero style book—it’s totally something else.
    Best part of the interview, by far.

Spectacular Member

So, costume thoughts for the show:

- We were never going to get spandex, none of the other characters who wear spandex-esque costumes in the comics have them in TV or Film. Not Daredevil and not Cap'.
    - Leather isn't inherently bad. The X-men movies put everyone in matching black leather and that was bad. So far we have seen one guy in black leather and people are drawing the obvious parallel. But the guy we are seeing is the guy who in the comics.....wears black. Even if they stick with these leather outfits, Putting Crystal in a Yellow number, Karnak in emerald green, and so forth it will be fine. The zig-zag accents on Black Bolt's chest show they are at least being influenced by their comicbook depictions so everyone will look unique and inspired by the books.
    -The Tuning fork is inevitable. It might be that this photo was taken while the actor wasn't wearing it, they plan to CGI it in afterwards because it kept falling off the actor or something, or even that it will be depicted as part of his "crown" rather than sticking out of his head....but we will see it and such a minor change isn't the end of the world. Had we seen the character in the middle of delivering a speech, then get disappointed, but that's just a cosmetic thing.
    -Lockjaw makes me happy.the fact that they built that big damn blue thing means that they are going to be using him a bunch, and people will be physically interacting with him. That is as it should be.

All in all, I am really happy with this so far and will wait until there is something negative that comes out before I become a downer.

An ask on InhumansForever pointed out that in one of the scenes from preview pages for The Royals shows Iso sitting at the throne being addressed by Noh-Varr with Medusa and Black Bolt standing at her sides. It's looking likely that Iso will become the new leader of the Earthbound Inhumans following the fall out of IvX. Wild!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I like it.

Am I the only one who sees Iso sitting in the throne?
    It does look like that. The close up panel it appears to be medusa in the chair. But first panel is medusa is standing and someone else is in the throne. And that is definitely medusa standing nobody else has that hair or costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    An ask on InhumansForever pointed out that in one of the scenes from preview pages for The Royals shows Iso sitting at the throne being addressed by Noh-Varr with Medusa and Black Bolt standing at her sides. It's looking likely that Iso will become the new leader of the Earthbound Inhumans following the fall out of IvX. Wild!
    Seems right I believe I read somewhere she and Karnak would both be taking the duties of ruling Attilan while the Royals are in space. But as he said in UNcanny Inhumans he can advise, but not lead. So Regent unless Ahura gives up his claim to the throne.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

What if it's not a voluntary thing? What if the NuHumans literally exile the Royals to space or something?

I have no reason to believe that, but Medusa's costume being called "Exiled Queen" put a lot of ideas in my head.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

It may be a self-imposed exile. Medusa may feel that she has failed her people in not protecting the Terrigen Cloud and thus feels compelled to step down so to go off into space in search of a new source of Terrigen.
    It wouldn't be the first time the Royals have been exiled from Attilan. It happened before in the end of Pacheco and Ladronn's Inhuman miniseries; and once before (this time a self-imposed exile) way back in the pages of Amazing Adventures when Black Bolt took the team off into space, leaving Crystala nd Quicksilver behind to govern Attilan.

Well it looks like iso is already ruling before the plan to leave starts. Iso may have ordered them to go. There only so many ways iso could seize power. I was under the impression only royals could make a formal challenge for the throne, but that is the only way i could see het getting it. Maybe medusa refuses to let the cloud be destroyed, and iso challenges her . I doubt iso could have pulled off a non formal coup, and she definitely couldn't have done it and kept the family loyal. There is one more possibility and that is medusa giving her the throne. The prime spoilers show her and storm on tv, maybe she stepped down like policitians usually do when they are in trouble. The thing is i would never imagine iso being her first choice.
    Last edited by mung; 03-06-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Iso on the throne is what most of us were hoping for I think. Very excited, that prominent role should lead to some stories relatively quickly. (maybe she's even in Secret Warriors and they didn't want to announce it to spoil the end of IvX)
    Also don't think she forces the Royals out, I bet the cloud is destroyed, Royals need to go in search of a new source and Medusa appoints her regent.
    Not too concerned about the set pics. Those things always make everything look awful, and then its fine on the tv.
    Finally Soule says nuhumans will be in the show. My first thought about the unnamed character is she would be a nuhuman but couldn't figure out who. Is it possible she could be Naja?! We know very little about her backstory.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Sudden idea. iirc iso is getting the materials to build the machine from ahura. He could be the cause of this.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I'm not sure how I feel about the Black Bolt costume. I hope it's not his final costume, and it's just casual wear or something. I don't want to be the one who judges from set photos because time has proven that you end up being wrong but I hope they give us his classic costume.

But I'm excited they're doing Lockjaw!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Finally Soule says nuhumans will be in the show. My first thought about the unnamed character is she would be a nuhuman but couldn't figure out who. Is it possible she could be Naja?! We know very little about her backstory.
    If it's Naja, that's a pretty darned big change from what her back story seemed like it was shaping up to be. All of her references to people always looking at her, how catty she was used to people being, her rapid acceptance of her new look.... I had always speculated that she was a model or the like. Somebody who didn't like that she was objectified the way she was and was happy to have a look that people didn't immediately sexualize. Kind of like Sharon Ventura back when she became Ms. Thing, but without the degree of abuse.

If I was gonna guess, my money is still on an Abigail Brand analog. Works with the background they provided as well as the personality.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Soule said Nuhumans are in the show? Are they acknowledging AOS's terrigen ecosystem then?

someone at Reddit did some photoshopping

my lawd dude looks ancient with a helmet on lolol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Another photshop job....

I can't imagine they won't do some iteration of Black Bolt's suit. There's no way they're gonna ditch his iconic suit. I'd be devastated if this wasn't merely a version of his casual, non-battle attire.

MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD