Page 482 of 492 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 7375

There is an alternate universe where this month a fantastic Inhumans movie dropped and the franchise suddenly achieved a Black Panther-level shot in the arm. That didn't happen, but the growth they've seen this decade is unprecedented and they've firmly marked themselves as a real part of the MU instead of FF supporting characters or kooky cult characters, with greater prominence in other media like animation, games, and merch. I would not call the Inhumans push a failure in any way. The same way Marvel played into illogical fan paranoia for Death of X, they played into the TV show reception for Death of I, but it's just another chapter in their story instead of some statement about the brand. We'll see how it plays out soon.

But they were never a threat to the X-Men, and were never supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    That show wasn't high profile. It was on Friday nights on network TV and was the first Marvel show to fail. Guest appearances don't mean much.
    Nobody made that show attempting to get it to fail and the guest appearances were an attempt to raise their profile. Marvel doesn't decide the scheduling on ABC. Ditto video game appearances.

Everything has a Funko pop, and they were 2 Marvel Legends figures :S Which is lame, plus Medusa's paint job was bad! T
    Again, like the TV show this is an issue of execution, not intent. They made Inhumans merchandise as part of the push of the franchise.

Are people going to start calling this an X-Men push and attack them instead of being happy that there are more Marvel characters out there
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yeah, compared the the X-Men the Inhumans got a nudge.

No, because as we established, the X-Men have been a big deal since the 1970s. I don't know how this is an argument. The Inhumans went from having zero books to an entire family of books, a TV show, multiple guest appearances in video games, toys and a running plotline in an established Marvel TV series. There was a definite Inhumans push the last few years, which was likely kickstarted by the initial plan to give them a movie, before that unfortunately fell apart.
    Last edited by Holt; 11-11-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't know how this is an argument.
    I was just inserting levity into the whole thing. We can say that the Inhumans had a push, I'm just comparing the scale of their push to that of the X-Men's.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I was really hoping Flint would catch on with the whole Inhuman push but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen unfortunately.

Not going to lie ... I am somewhat worried what is going to happen to the Inhumans moving forward. With how things went down with Crystal and Lockjaw ...it doesn't look very good.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

Marvel shouldn't give up on Inhumans since when you go on sites showing more individual characters they are still really well liked. Not to mention there are writers who want to tackle Inhuman characters as well, and since Marvel is now doing digital only comics price won't be looked at as much since print I guess would cost more, hell I can see it doing better since older comic fans are usually the only ones buying print and those are the ones that are to most likely stay away from Inhumans wanting to have them still live on the Moon, even though they are ignoring they were on earth for 8 years before going but whatever.

Still for Death of the Inhumans what should have been done is 1 of these 2 stories

1) All the Inhumans died but it is revealed that this is in another universe, and now the Kree of that universe will go through out the Multiverse turning Inhumans into Voxs to conquer the Multiverse.

2) The Universal Inhumans are wiped out, the House of Agon adults fight off against a Kree invasion fleet since no time for earth to get its heroes together, and they stop it but they all die. 3 weeks later Ahura goes up to the moon cause no one has heard from them in well 3 weeks, a recording of Black Bolt and Medusa shows up with the latter saying how they are dead and he will need to be a ruler but with so many changes happening to the Inhumans and him being born into those changes he can shape the Inhumans into something else.

Then writers build off from there.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    With how things went down with Crystal and Lockjaw ...it doesn't look very good.
    Do you mean spoilers:
    brainwashed?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I was just inserting levity into the whole thing. We can say that the Inhumans had a push, I'm just comparing the scale of their push to that of the X-Men's.
    Ah, gotcha.

Speaking of MVC, I always thought Crystal would be a great addition. Her elemental powers would make for some interesting supers.

Ultimate Member

I'm not a big fan of Inhumans overall, but I do hate that 'Death of the Inhumans' seems more like it was designed to punish the franchise for not being the success that Marvel wanted it to be.

Move Attilan out of New York harbour and you can develop it or ignore it at will. Not like all these new characters take up any physical space whatsoever, so why the slaughter?

Nobody made that show attempting to get it to fail and the guest appearances were an attempt to raise their profile. Marvel doesn't decide the scheduling on ABC. Ditto video game appearances.
    Then they shouldn't have hired Scott Buck. XD

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Again, like the TV show this is an issue of execution, not intent. They made Inhumans merchandise as part of the push of the franchise.

No, because as we established, the X-Men have been a big deal since the 1970s. I don't know how this is an argument. The Inhumans went from having zero books to an entire family of books, a TV show, multiple guest appearances in video games, toys and a running plotline in an established Marvel TV series. There was a definite Inhumans push the last few years, which was likely kickstarted by the initial plan to give them a movie, before that unfortunately fell apart.
    When you remove a project from being a movie and you make it as a tv show on the worse time slot on network TV, you don't have much faith in it and lower its status making it dead on arrival. Like I said, it was the only show to ever fail. They canceled the Netflix shows because of Disney Plus, not failure.

Two Walgreen exclusice action figures and four Funko Pops isn't a big deal, and neither is putting them in mobile games.

Having more books, guests appearances on cartoons, etc. happened to many characters to give them exposure and let people know they exist, like the Thunderbolts for example. The X-Men are getting a push now which I'm happy about. Established or not, they weren't getting this type of attention before (except for in the 90's). You can call out the Avengers for getting a push because they didn't get as much attention as they are getting now until recently either.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Then they shouldn't have hired Scott Buck. XD
    IMAX wanted it released for Labor Day. Scott Buck was probably the only one who could get it all done on time and under budget. If they didn't hire him, it would have failed as well because it wouldn't have been released. I really wish it had been delayed a year to do it right, but I know it wasn't realistic.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    IMAX wanted it released for Labor Day. Scott Buck was probably the only one who could get it all done on time and under budget. If they didn't hire him, it would have failed as well because it wouldn't have been released. I really wish it had been delayed a year to do it right, but I know it wasn't realistic.
    I understand the constraints placed on Marvel by IMAX, but he fumbled with Iron Fist, as well. And he was known prior to that for not delivering great work on other projects (Dexter) either. It's not like the Inhumans was the first time he fumbled badly.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I don't disagree. I think he did a terrible job. But I don't think Marvel could have released something better with those constraints from anyone else. More likely, they wouldn't have released anything at all. There's a saying that you can have it fast, cheap, or good but you can't have all three.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't disagree. I think he did a terrible job. But I don't think Marvel could have released something better with those constraints from anyone else. More likely, they wouldn't have released anything at all. There's a saying that you can have it fast, cheap, or good but you can't have all three.
    This is very true, but it must have occurred to someone at Marvel that the Inhumans were not a property that would translate well to a show with limited resources, including time. There is no way you could have done the characters, powers and settings well with those constraints. It was looking bad for them from the beginning imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    When you remove a project from being a movie and you make it as a tv show on the worse time slot on network TV, you don't have much faith in it and lower its status making it dead on arrival.
    Again, what you're talking about is execution, not the intent. As Mike Murdock said, companies don't go around making TV shows, toys, video game appearances and animated movies for something they don't care about or have no investment in. This was a coordinated push.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    This is very true, but it must have occurred to someone at Marvel that the Inhumans were not a property that would translate well to a show with limited resources, including time. There is no way you could have done the characters, powers and settings well with those constraints. It was looking bad for them from the beginning imo.
    There was a very good Youtube essay I watched recently that discussed this, and they actually touched on how a misfire like this could happen. One of the core things they brought up was that Inhumans actually did have a bigger budget than typical Marvel shows, and that likely blinded people to the simple fact that just because you have more money than usual, that still doesn't mean it's enough to do what you were setting out to shoot. Particularly when you have stuff like the various DC shows on the CW that are also pretty cheap but still looked more technically competent than Inhumans because they weren't setting out to tackle such an ambitious and unfilmable property.
    Last edited by Holt; 11-12-2018 at 03:40 PM.