Page 148 of 492 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 7375

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    What's up Doc? Ikey leaving Marvel?? I highly doubt it but if it come to pass i'll welcome it. Doesn't he have his hands on a large chunk of Disney shares? I think the Ike-Feige War will continue to Infinity
    Well, the guy's not exactly a young man... and his role at Marvel has been hugely marginalized. Seems like he's staying simply out of spite.
    Ike did indeed save Marvel during its darkest hour, but he's gone a bit crazy in his older years. I don't want him to die or anything... just want him go away

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

There's a Attilan Rising debate going on other social medias right now: Is Lockjaw a inhuman who became a dog or a dog geneticaly modified to have inhuman powers?
    I don't have a Twitter or the intention of making one, but i want to say here that i believe that Lockjaw was a normal dog who was experimented upon.

What're your opinions on this?

Link's for the question, facts and opinions, here:
    http://inhumansforever.tumblr.com/po...man-or-inhuman
    http://inhumansforever.tumblr.com/po...-lockjaw-a-dog

If you want, also send it here:
    https://twitter.com/attilanrising1
    Last edited by Lucena Soares; 09-25-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    Everything Lives!

Niffleheim

I honestly have no idea but in Avengers Assemble he has a Lord title

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    There's a Attilan Rising debate going on other social medias right now: Is Lockjaw a inhuman who became a dog or a dog geneticaly modified to have inhuman powers?
    I don't have a Twitter or the intention of making one, but i want to say here that i believe that Lockjaw was a normal dog who was experimented upon.
    I agree 100% with Lucena Soares. Lockjaw... definitely a dog.

Niffleheim

I need to be enlighten what are ppl side-stepping here? Eldrac went from In-humanoid to living teleporting door so why can't Lord Lockjaw go from In-humaoid to Inhuman dog?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I need to be enlighten what are ppl side-stepping here? Eldrac went from In-humanoid to living teleporting door so why can't Lord Lockjaw go from In-humaoid to Inhuman dog?
    Exactly the point I was going to make.

Also, why would the Inhuman royal family adopt an illegally experimented on dog? Surely the genetic council would order it destroyed.

I think if Lockjaw didn't have powers, then the argument he was always a dog would have some merit. But he's changed shape and has a specific power, that's Inhumans MO through and through. Plus he has an obvious form of human intelligence, an experiment gave a dog teleporting powers and a higher functioning brain? Seems unlikely.

booo!
    There have been Inhumans whose transformations are rather severe, like Eldrac and Hub. Yet they have always been treated as peers, as equals. Whereas Lockjaw has been treated as a pet. Sure, the Inhumans of old Attilan possess some rather troublesome scruples and it's not beyond reason that a fellow Inhuman turned into a dog would be treated as such, but were that the case would he be allowed to be a part of the Royal Family, made the constant companion of the princess, Crystal? idk.
    Spot my cat has this issue where she seems to feel compelled to come into the bathroom and stand guard when I take a shower. Perhaps she's worried I'm going to drown or something. But I don't mind because she's a cat... were she a person turned into a cat, however, then it would be a different story.

THANK YOU N'DARE AND IRON FIRST GET THEE TO TWITTER AND VOTE!!!! (www.twitter.com/attilanrising1).

Because being treated like a dog is Lockjaw's greatest asset. He can go anywhere, do anything he damn well pleases - because everyone assumes he's just a dog that can port places. He can see and do things no one else would be able to. Secondly, if you have Pan who seems to have lost all emotion - couldn't Terrigenesis change someone's mind to behave/think more like a dog as well? It's a really sad thought, but I think it is something that needs to be considered. And I think Lockjaw gets quite a bit more respect than you give him credit for. How many times has Lockjaw saved the day? Just think about it. He's vital to the Royal Family (IMO).

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    booo!
    There have been Inhumans whose transformations are rather severe, like Eldrac and Hub. Yet they have always been treated as peers, as equals. Whereas Lockjaw has been treated as a pet. Sure, the Inhumans of old Attilan possess some rather troublesome scruples and it's not beyond reason that a fellow Inhuman turned into a dog would be treated as such, but were that the case would he be allowed to be a part of the Royal Family, made the constant companion of the princess, Crystal? idk.
    Spot my cat has this issue where she seems to feel compelled to come into the bathroom and stand guard when I take a shower. Perhaps she's worried I'm going to drown or something. But I don't mind because she's a cat... were she a person turned into a cat, however, then it would be a different story.
    Hub is the best example because his change left him unable to communicate and until Swain they had no idea what level cognitive abilities he had. Yet they stuck with it, I'm that if lockjaw had his mind turned into that of a dog they would still treat him as a person and probably try to find a way to communicate.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    booo!
    "The issue is how you view Spot not how Spot views you." says Lord Lockjaw Watch your back lol!

"The issue is how you view Spot not how Spot views you." says Lord Lockjaw Watch your back lol!
    lol, I just don't want Lockjaw watching me in the shower. Surely that's not too much to ask

Lockjaw can be anywhere he wants :P

(What Doc isn't telling you is we know James Asmus' opinion on this debate)
    Last edited by Seren; 09-25-2016 at 06:33 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

This debate is because it's one in the comics. IIRC, he was made an Inhuman and then they retconned that. Both sides are reasonable. Given Eldrac and Hub, I don't think Lockjaw as an Inhuman is farfetched. Also, it bothered me that there weren't any other Inhuman dogs. Now with Forey (who is admittedly quite different), Lockjaw is a bit less unique. That helps the dog angle work a bit better.

Like I said, I can see it either way.

I've said it before, but my problem with Lockjaw being an inhuman is all the years of stories where he's established as a dog and treated as such. Like, if he was introduced as an inhuman who'd undergone an extreme transformation like Eldrac or Hub I'd have no problem with it - I'm all for reminders that exposure to terrigen can produce unexpected and terrible effects. But I've also read the issue of The Thing where Lockjaw's established as an inhuman and the whole scene was super-uncomfortable to read. Like, Ben has known the royal family for years and no one told him their dog wasn't actually a dog because it was something they were all ashamed of. That's basically the story. I'm glad there was an awkward retcon and that basically every other writer has ignored that it was ever a thing.

I've never really seen the "why would Black Bolt have a dog?" argument come up before today, but if you consider that his dad was a geneticist, and BB ended up in seclusion until he was 19 because of his powers, because his dad thought it would a be a cool experiment to expose his unborn son to terrigen... it's not too much of a leap to think that maybe Agon experimented on a dog so his son could have someone to spend time with while they waited to see if he would ever have enough control over his powers to be released into society.

edit: oh, right also I have a twitter I don't really use so voted 'yes' in the poll

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I would argue that Lockjaw hasn't been treated like a dog over the years by the Royal Family, but rather by those OUTSIDE of the throne. Ms. Marvel, the F4, etc. all were quick to treat him as he appears, but he has been called a "Lord" and respected almost like an equal by the Royals. But Lockjaw himself has been shown taking advantage of his dog-like appearance and slipping into the role of a big loveable puppy, but technically (assuming he's Inhuman not an "Incanine") wouldn't that be considered part of his powerset? An ability to be overlooked, seen as a non-threat, only to end up saving his fellow people/royals later on? Makes sense to me... Just because others don't see him as anything more than a pet to the Royal Family doesn't mean that's what he is.

Perhaps he's not a prince, princess, king, or queen, like the rest of the royals--but does that mean he isn't loosely related to them? Like a distant cousin, perhaps orphaned or abandoned and taken in by the house of Agon after Lockjaw's terrigenesis left him unable to fully take care of himself? That's kinda my "head cannon". The old books always hinted at this big secret understanding between Black Bolt and Lockjaw, is it so unreasonable to think that they're mentally bonded through their shared inability to communicate with others verbally, as a direct result of taking in the terrigen mists? Blackagar and Lockjaw also share a tuning fork, so maybe there's some connection there (other than the fork being intended to essentially be the Inhumans logo)? Since the tuning fork has been shown to literally be a crown, maybe Lockjaw inspired it in some way? Or maybe the fact that it came out in his terrigenesis attracted the attention of the Royals and they saw it as some kind of divine sign?

Whatever is going on with Lockjaw, it can't be said that he's a normal dog. And in a world where everyone is so drastically transformed all the time, it makes sense (to me) that he's an Inhuman. But, since the books are inconsistent and inconclusive on this issue, looks like we'll be debating this for another Fifty years! lol
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD