Page 464 of 492 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 7375

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I am very surprised at the Inhuman's fan reaction so far. I have always liked BB and his team, but have not really read any of their comics (so maybe that is why). It seems like some of you don't care for this comic, while I thought it was the best book I read today!

I loved the whole issue and wouldn't change a thing. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, and I love the "commander" who said when asked who he was; "We are the Kree". It reminded me of the first time I saw a comic character say; "We are Negan".

So glad I decided to pick this series up. I hope as a fan, that none of these deaths are permanent as well, but I am enjoying the ride. 5 out of 5 stars from me!
    I think the fear that the Inhumans are being killed off in some editorial clean up is what puts a lot of fans off. Honestly I think it is pretty good. The only problem I had with it are the Inhumans do very stupid things. I think the writing on Black Bolt, Medusa, and Karnak so far has been good. The rest haven't done enough. Vox is not really good but he has only existed for two chapters and will probably remain largely a mystery until the second half of the mini. If things are going the way I think they are going it should improve in more people's eyes. spoilers:
    I don't think kree are actually trying to attack earth. It wouldn't make sense for them to kill every Inhuman without capturing at least a few. There is no way a kree splinter group is taking on the earth. It must be about that Prophecy. And all the deaths are just meant to convince Black Bolt to go along with their true plan.
    end of spoilers But Until that happens it just comes off as them indiscriminately killing Inhumans with no rhyme or reason. Case in point the queens getting attacked despite choosing to join.
    Last edited by mung; 08-01-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Well, that pretty much sealed the deal for me that this isn't a fakeout. spoilers:
    We know Karnak is confirmed to survive by virtue of being in the new Marvel Knights book, so having it look like he was gonna die to today, only to swerve and have Black Bolt be injured instead, definitely seems like something they wouldn't have bothered with if this was planned to just be a ruse.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

I'm enjoying the book so far but still find the indiscriminate killing off putting. I'm still upset over what happened to the queens. I wish I knew where this was going.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'm enjoying the book so far but still find the indiscriminate killing off putting. I'm still upset over what happened to the queens. I wish I knew where this was going.
    I can't enjoy a book with such indiscriminate killing. I liked the queens, especially the lizard-queen and the pony-queen. I'm not buying this thing until I see that Lockjaw is alive. Killing dogs is just sicko.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Well, that pretty much sealed the deal for me that this isn't a fakeout. spoilers:
    We know Karnak is confirmed to survive by virtue of being in the new Marvel Knights book, so having it look like he was gonna die to today, only to swerve and have Black Bolt be injured instead, definitely seems like something they wouldn't have bothered with if this was planned to just be a ruse.
    end of spoilers
    I don't know one way or the other, but if that had come out the other way, it would have been a big clue.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

A while ago I posted about Infinity countdown Darkhawk mentioning an "Extreme Intelligence". Considering that we now know this particular group of Kree hates the Supreme Intelligence and it's followers. That makes it more likely they got rid of the old and busted Supreme and got with new hotness that is the Extreme. The Extreme probably proved itself superior by creating Vox (a better inhuman than the ones they made under the old leadership) and spitting out the new prophecy (one that is probably more favorable to the kree).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmJKuJIHQtk/

The last page of DOTI #2 this time with no censor or color

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post

A while ago I posted about Infinity countdown Darkhawk mentioning an "Extreme Intelligence". Considering that we now know this particular group of Kree hates the Supreme Intelligence and it's followers. That makes it more likely they got rid of the old and busted Supreme and got with new hotness that is the Extreme. The Extreme probably proved itself superior by creating Vox (a better inhuman than the ones they made under the old leadership) and spitting out the new prophecy (one that is probably more favorable to the kree).
    Maybe Plex from Marvel boy/Royals is this extreme intelligence it came off that it was now in charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=O1KFbQYe0yo
    Aaron kuder drawing the variant cover for DOTI #3. If you didn't already notice he confirms that the order was that all the young guns variants for DOTI are going to be homages to other deaths in marvel universe.

Something I noticed in issue 2. Vox talks about himself in the plural. He used "We" instead of "I". Also, his teleportation effect was very similar to the effect used when Maximus and Lockjaw were killed. Could Vox be absorbing the royals or maybe teleported them elsewhere? Then again, I was very sleepy when reading the issue, so maybe I'm tripping.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I wonder if that Kree faction had somehow taken hold of the long-forgotten Trikon and are somehow harnessing their powers?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The big Kree guy also spoke using we but that could be a red herring. He spoke clearly referring to his entire group with the we, and I doubt a guy who talks as if the Inhumans are just kree property would consider Vox and equal member. Vox definitely has something going on. He did use I when he first started talking to Maximus and then used We before he attacked Lockjaw and Maximus. As for the beam it definitely has the same effect as Vox's and Lockjaw's teleportation. It also notably doesn't look a lot like Black Bolt's voice. Vox's attack had red circles with a beam going through and the things he hit produced a kirby krackle effect and there is a red light produced. Black Bolt just had the blue sound wave circles and blur effect. Vox's attack seems to stop once it hits the target and didn't produce blood when it took off Max's arm or when it hit them again, unlike Black Bolt's attack on the kree.

What if Vox is a symbiote? But not Like an Inhuman with a symbiote, the Symbiote is Inhuman. Cates Venom stated that the symbiotes didn't have any sort of humanity or goodness until they started possessing people. Which is a quality Vox has. Vox has the growing and shrinking wings and leaks black stuff according to Kaare's design cover which gives the impression the suit isn't just a suit. It even look like pieces were coming off while Max blasted him in chapter 1. Venom is getting a power up that gives him wings next chapter. Vox has the same color pallet as Knull.

There's probably room for this in lots of other threads, given the diverse range of characters, but, given the Inhumans connection, I thought I'd post CBR's review of Marvel Rising: Initiation:

Marvel Rising: Initiation Is a Must for Marvel Fans

Pretty generic title, but the gist is that the cast is great and it's a lot of fun.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

If anyone saw the first episode, it was a fun little kids show, but it was great to hear Chloe Bennet as Quake and Kathreen Khavari as Ms. Marvel. Overall, I thought all the voice actors did a great job. It's silly at places, but there's some fun moments as well.