Page 11 of 492 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Huge sales drop for Inhuman #5 & #6 in September. If it keeps dropping like that it'll be in the cancellation zone soon.

BANNED

But unless I'm very much mistaken Shaggy, Charles Soule's move to Marvel had very much to do with growing the Inhumans franchise.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Huge sales drop for Inhuman #5 & #6 in September. If it keeps dropping like that it'll be in the cancellation zone soon.
    This is not good news for Marvel's big plan to replace the Fantastic Four with the Inhumans.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

I though people considered Inhumans taking over from X-Men, not FF?

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    I though people considered Inhumans taking over from X-Men, not FF?
    You might be right. I guess Guardians of the Galaxy are slated to replace the FF. Regardless, the Inhumans must sell better, if they are to eventually replace the X-Men. Perhaps with time they will?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Soule landed his first #1 with the Death of Wolverine book. Hopefully this will raise his profile a little bit and draw some readers into Inhuman. Right now 30K is not terrible for sales, but I'm sure Marvel would like it doing better. The ranking isn't important since September has been DC's month for the past few years.

It all boils down to patience and waiting to build up readers, which I hope Marvel understands; you aren't getting a lot of readers until the book gets several arcs under it's belt. The movie will help, but it's important for Marvel to have some arcs out before then

Inhumans have been on the sideline for a long, long time, so building up the recognition will take time and energy.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    Inhumans have been on the sideline for a long, long time, so building up the recognition will take time and energy.
    Do you think Inhuman fans can drum up grassroots interest on their own and help Marvel?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

^There are ways of promoting discussion of it. If, say, a review thread were accidentally posted on the X-Men board instead of the Marvel board, and by the time it got moved by mods it was already full of "dem Inhumans took our jerbs" bile, that would increase awareness...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    It all boils down to patience and waiting to build up readers, which I hope Marvel understands; you aren't getting a lot of readers until the book gets several arcs under it's belt. The movie will help, but it's important for Marvel to have some arcs out before then

This is one thing that Marvel owns big time. They have gone far and away above the line to keep books running well into the cancellation zone, especially when there was seriously vocal fans or some strong support at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    ^There are ways of promoting discussion of it. If, say, a review thread were accidentally posted on the X-Men board instead of the Marvel board, and by the time it got moved by mods it was already full of "dem Inhumans took our jerbs" bile, that would increase awareness...
    This guy cracks me up
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel

I do hope we get to see more of Inhuman society soon... I mean, where is the Genetics Council? And what other factions exist beyond the tribes in Attilan?

BANNED

Marvel needs to give this book some nurturing after it so badly bungled its relaunch. Some Inhuman appearances in other books couldn't hurt. I'd buy a Medusa solo title any day. Ah, I can see it: QUEEN MEDUSA AND HER HAIR-RAISING ADVENTURES. I know that was awful, guys, but I just couldn't help it . . . . sorry . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    how big was the drop? could you post the numbers please.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This is one thing that Marvel owns big time. They have gone far and away above the line to keep books running well into the cancellation zone, especially when there was seriously vocal fans or some strong support at the office.
    They kept Superior Foes running for a good long haul. So there's hope that Inhumans can make upwards of 12 issues.