Page 16 of 492 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    thoughts on the new Uncanny Inhumans book? think maybe Crystal will finally show up?
    I'm glad to see the Inhumans' mythos expanding and I hope that it finds success. I think there is a lot more untapped potential with the Inhumans and their world. I don't like the fact that "Uncanny" is being attached to it though. Its played out and I would have liked something else.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    thoughts on the new Uncanny Inhumans book? think maybe Crystal will finally show up?
    Definitely looking forward to it. I wonder when Medusa will find out Black Bolt is alive

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Definitely looking forward to it. I wonder when Medusa will find out Black Bolt is alive
    She knows. Black Bolt just showed up in a two-part Inhumans story. They just haven't reunited yet because Black Bolt is on a mission and he's not telling anyone what for.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    She knows. Black Bolt just showed up in a two-part Inhumans story. They just haven't reunited yet because Black Bolt is on a mission and he's not telling anyone what for.
    When does she find out? I know in the latest New Avengers in a few months they showed her walking beside him.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Up until today, my image of the Inhumans was "that lady with long hair and her friends that no one cares about and is stupid and boring." However I began to do some research and I'll be damned if it actually doesn't sound like a really interesting concept, what with them having the equivalent of a whole organized society and social hierarchy. While I don't like Marvel's push of Inhumans over mutants, I am now looking forward to the movie.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I've posted this on another thread without a reply so i'm trying this one.
    I've been a fan of the inhumans for a long time. Have a lot of their FF issues, I have the 1998, 2000, 2003 series as well as the Kings stuff. I didn't get the current series because it looked like it was broken from the start and it stunk of trying to turn the inhumans into something they were not. Has this been the case? Does the current Inhuman title focus on the issues of social conformity and genetic tinkering that was always the staple of the characters? Have the alpha primitives appeared? What has been the theme of the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Fifolet View Post
    I've posted this on another thread without a reply so i'm trying this one.
    I've been a fan of the inhumans for a long time. Have a lot of their FF issues, I have the 1998, 2000, 2003 series as well as the Kings stuff. I didn't get the current series because it looked like it was broken from the start and it stunk of trying to turn the inhumans into something they were not. Has this been the case? Does the current Inhuman title focus on the issues of social conformity and genetic tinkering that was always the staple of the characters? Have the alpha primitives appeared? What has been the theme of the book?
    Not sure if you can compare it yet to Jenkins stuff. It's not reached that level of weird and exploratory. It's been more setup and making the stage so far. We get some Nuhumans and look at some of the various tribes it that's it. No Alpha Primitives yet nor the Universal Inhumans either. However, I think the book is still trying to find its feet and deal with a huge range of stories which is why a second book makes sense. Still expecting more but it's been fine stuff so far.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

i feel really dumb for not realising Ms Marvel is an Inhuman xD

I'm about to start reading the Inhuman marvel now trade, and then work my way backwards hopefully.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    When does she find out? I know in the latest New Avengers in a few months they showed her walking beside him.
    Without giving too much away:
    spoilers:
    It was Inhuman #9 or so. Maximus was in New York with a mind-controlled Black Bolt in tow. He used Black Bolt to kill one of the two Attilan cops Medusa had sent to find him. Then the other cop, Dante, and Gorgon track them down to the Himalayas. After a fight with Maximus Black Bolt grabs the Inhuman Gene Codex (that being the same mountain he his it at at the end of Infinity) and flies off.
    end of spoilers

But it's good to see they're back together post-timeskip.

Amazing Member

I agree. It is one of the most long lasting relationships in comics today. And I am estatic they did away with the hickman multiple wives nonsense. It was out of character and made no sense. Seoule is getting back to basics and writing character driven stories, instead of just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. He clearly has a plan and I am on board.

You know, Ironically, it looks like Inhumans will be Marvels "First Family" in he cinematic universe. I love it personally.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Up until today, my image of the Inhumans was "that lady with long hair and her friends that no one cares about and is stupid and boring." However I began to do some research and I'll be damned if it actually doesn't sound like a really interesting concept, what with them having the equivalent of a whole organized society and social hierarchy. While I don't like Marvel's push of Inhumans over mutants, I am now looking forward to the movie.
    Should check out Jenkins & Lee's Inhumans. The weird Inhuman society concept really stood out in that run.

Amazing Member

I agree. The jenkins series was overall pretty excellent. It highlighted the political side and embraced the weird. It also provided a good character study of the silent king himself. I am looking forward to more of his internal thought process and really can't wait to see how they flesh himout.

I haven't read any of the new series yet, so I apologize, but can anyone tell me, is Crystal in this new series much? Is she still separated from Ronan? Or are they back together? Does that topic come up at all? I really liked that union between them, I hope those kids can make it work somehow (official treaties be damned).
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I haven't read any of the new series yet, so I apologize, but can anyone tell me, is Crystal in this new series much? Is she still separated from Ronan? Or are they back together? Does that topic come up at all? I really liked that union between them, I hope those kids can make it work somehow (official treaties be damned).
    Ronan went back to being evil and broke up with Crystal, and she once more forfeited all her character development to return to Attilan... then Infinity happened.

Currently, Crystal has not shown up in the new books. I hope it's because her character has essentially said "screw this" and left because of how Inhuman politics treats her like a bargaining chip and not a person.
    Last edited by Myetche; 01-08-2015 at 11:17 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

I heard recently that Karnak is dead.

What issue did this happen? And how did he die?