Page 3 of 492 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Crystal is my favorite Inhuman, but I prefer her more in the Fantastic Four or Avengers stories. Medusa I like to see at the center of the Inhumans' stories.
    Triton probably ranks #3 for me just because I tend to gravitate towards water-based characters.
    I also love, love, LOVE Luna. She's got a fun personality that meshes well with her powers.

We never needed whole groups of new inhumans...we needed one good POV star , heroic Inhuman...ala a Luke Skywalker type. Most of the Inhumans have seen far more interested in themselves and standing around preening in Kirby esque grandeur...that's great in all but they are so distant.

Crystal's the only main one worth a lick...triton and gorgon are ok...lockjaw of course is awesome.

BANNED

I'm liking Inferno and Medusa now, i prefer the book without Bolt.

Mixing it up with new and old characters is good IMO.

I've pretty much only read their first appearance in the Fantastic Four.

Any recc's for this newbie?

Last edited by John Venus; 08-14-2014 at 10:41 AM.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

BANNED

I love Medusa the most. She is the QUEEN and she NEVER has a Bad Hair Day. Then Lockjaw--who can resist such a cute puppy? I like Black Bolt, but I think he needs a new costume and a new look--more like a King instead of a generic superhero. I like Crystal, but she needs to be defined beyond the child-woman Lee/Kirby era--she's a mom; I hate it that her marriage with Ronan was annulled. I like Maximus as he is currently, "cured" by Luna; everybody needs a mad genius in their group. SUcker for kids, love Ahura and Luna. Gorgon is okay, but they need to be consistent with his look since Silent War and not make him look like Kirby-Gorgon. Triton is great, but it's hard to find water for him all the time--I'd like another terragenesis for him where he can stay on land more. Karnak never had much of a personality, but I always enjoyed his bored bickering with his brother Gorgon. I like the Young Inhumans, too.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I've pretty much only read their first appearance in the Fantastic Four.

Any recc's for this newbie?

The Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee's Inhumans is noted for being quite good. Its very cool... though kind of weird.

BANNED

Isn't Beyonder the strongest of the inhuman even above his "king" Black bolt.

Amazing Member

See I really like Black bolt. The issue with him has always been writers using him as a one trick pony or to job to someone they wanted to push as a viable threat. I think in Seoule's hands he will shine. I hope they use the telepathy with Medusa so we can actually SEE them communicate and why they are one of the most enduring couples in Marvel History.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    We never needed whole groups of new inhumans...we needed one good POV star , heroic Inhuman...ala a Luke Skywalker type.
    From the looks of it, they're setting up Kamala Khan as that kind of Inhuman.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Amazing Member

I am probably the only one, but I actually did not really enjoy what I read from the new Ms. Marvel book. I definately applaud Marvel for trying something different though, and I wish it all the success. I hope it brings new readers to the Inhuman world.

DeadPool Variant 75 Aniversary

BANNED

I'd like to see more of Lockjaw. I'm a sucker for superhero pets.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    The Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee's Inhumans is noted for being quite good. Its very cool... though kind of weird.
    I was just about to ask that same question, thanks for the recommend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

DeadPool Variant 75 Aniversary
    Actually a Black Bolt-Deadpool team up would probably work as well as him and Cable. Deadpool never shuts up, and Black Bolt can just "kill" him whenever he gets annoying.

Niffleheim

I have asked this question a while back about how the Inhumans can survive on Earth with all of the pollution and someone answered me by saying that they build up a tolerance. Does anyone know where this was mentioned?
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-29-2014 at 11:41 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough