Page 370 of 492 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 7375
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    There are Eurasian people, who look what the Western world typically calls ..white. My evolution on Black Bolt's race, if race even applies to the Inhumans - I'm not sure it does - has been most strongly influenced by the geological locations of their 'hidden land'. While Black Bolt certainly appears to be Caucasian, he and his people have historically been in the Andes mountains, the North Atlantic; either of those locations could produce a Native American or Eurasian population, ..and God knows what kind of Inhumans might have been born on the Moon! [LOL]

For me, the races of the Inhumans has been pure speculation.

Anyway, I'm really hopeful this can work on TV, ..because I fear the medium is too limited, in so many ways. For my money, Del Toro or Cameron, maybe a collaboration between them, is the perfect equation for bringing the Inhumans to life onscreen, ..and I have a hard time imagining that kind of prospective impact being made on TV. I just don't see it...

And the trailer leaves me, with many, many worries.
    The medium is clearly too limited when you have someone like Auran who doesn't have any of her identifiable traits from the comics. Aesthetically speaking I'm very worried for this series and confused how they're gonna scale things going forward. I understand the need to tone down some of the ridiculousness you might find in the comics because the show should be more accessible, but I feel more could've been done. I'm hoping this does well, but wouldn't be surprised if on the basis of how it looks alone, many people will ignore the show. The Inhumans have a lot of potential and definitely should've had a movie to do them and their slice of the MU creative justice.

Mighty Member

Finally read Secret Warriors #4 and was fantastic, Matthew Rosenberg really captured Moon Girl, she was indistinguishable from her own book. When the team line up as announced I thought Lunella was a weird choice but she has been awesome and it is clear that Rosenberg love writing her.

I love Lunella. She's a fantastic character. Loved this issue of Secret Warriors, but I have to say I'm really looking forward to the next one.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Ultimate Member

http://fav.me/dbgjnyj

A Flint commission by Ben Dunn (Ninja High School fame).

Funko has announced a Lockjaw plushie and there's going to be an SDCC Lockjaw at the Marvel booth and I NEED THEM ALL.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Yup, I need me some Inhuman love, especially Lockjaw!

Seren, do you know if they will be sold outside of SDCC? I will be in SD Sunday.

The Funko one will be. I don't know about the one Marvel announced. So far they just said at the SDCC Marvel booth.

BANNED

My comics shop says they've been able to order the Lockjaw plushie for me.

BANNED

All Inhuman books are selling very badly, I expect a relaunch with the word Inhuman actually in the title this time.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    All Inhuman books are selling very badly, I expect a relaunch with the word Inhuman actually in the title this time.
    We only know physical sales, but they can be doing well in digital.

Considering they've all got another arc coming in Legacy I'm assuming digital sales must be doing fine.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

They need to go back to the Game of Thrones motif. The Royal Family lives in a castle, Bolt and Medusa are King and Queen, everyone loved Ronan + Crystal, Maximus' sanity depends on which way the wind is blowing. Paul Jenkins showed it can be done RIGHT. Besides, heterosexual happily-married couples are a total minority group at Marvel.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    They need to go back to the Game of Thrones motif. The Royal Family lives in a castle, Bolt and Medusa are King and Queen, everyone loved Ronan + Crystal, Maximus' sanity depends on which way the wind is blowing. Paul Jenkins showed it can be done RIGHT. Besides, heterosexual happily-married couples are a total minority group at Marvel.
    I loved the BB + Medusa relationship and marriage. It was really interesting and different compared to other relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Then you should be reading Royals.