Page 403 of 492 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 7375

Only one-hour hour left of episodes 1/2. I still like it! And I like that there seems to be less commercials than normally. Also like it on Friday night. I need something good to watch after a long week.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-29-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The weird thing for me is seeing it on TV with a clock and an understanding of episode structure. The flashbacks to earlier scenes are really weirding me out because they all happened before the one hour mark (and there were a bunch of them). The added scenes feel relevant for the future, but do cut the narrative flow, so I see why they weren't in the IMAX version.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

More than 40 minutes through the second hour and I think more commercials! But the added footage shows more with the Nasa guys getting closer to finding out what came to earth. Maximus seems even creepier than the first time, not sure if its added footage. He's taunting Crystal right now.

Marvel's Inhumans - Didn't love it, didn't hate it & somewhat disappointed so far... 6/10 overall & will keep watching for not..

As a non Inhumans fan who went in with zero expectations I thought it was ok not the dumpster fire critics made it out to be it suffered most from being on IMAX and whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired. It had good effects for TV but I could see how on IMAX it would fail now 10 years ago I would had called it the best comic book TV series ever. I totally believe it can be salvaged if they get a season 2 but they need to dump Scott Buck ASAP. I liked Maximus most out of the characters and thought Lockjaw looked nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    As a non Inhumans fan who went in with zero expectations I thought it was ok not the dumpster fire critics made it out to be it suffered most from being on IMAX and whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired. It had good effects for TV but I could see how on IMAX it would fail now 10 years ago I would had called it the best comic book TV series ever. I totally believe it can be salvaged if they get a season 2 but they need to dump Scott Buck ASAP. I liked Maximus most out of the characters and thought Lockjaw looked nice.
    iirc they were trying to set up a deal Imax premiering shows in the theater with this as the test run. Clearly didn't go well. It was a business thing first rather than something with the shows benefit in mind.

BANNED

What is Romeo's nationality and what are his powers?

Just watched the first episodes. It was okay. There were some weak parts (the start was kinda weak, but after that it got better), but there is room for improvement for next episodes (if the showrunner doesn't write them xdd). I'll watch episode 3 next week.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I also thought it was okay. There wasn't much going on and I stand by the critics when they talk about the inconsistency of the story and how things happen. Attilan looks like a prison too.

The network should have given this a bigger budget and save this for season 2 or the second half of season 1.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I also thought it was okay. There wasn't much going on and I stand by the critics when they talk about the inconsistency of the story and how things happen. Attilan looks like a prison too.

The network should have given this a bigger budget and save this for season 2 or the second half of season 1.
    To be honest, IMAX bank rolled the whole first season so if Disney actually wanted to they could build on what they made with IMAX and make it look really impressive as a show.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    What is Romeo's nationality and what are his powers?
    Not sure what his nationality is, but he's an empath of some sort.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Just finished watching the first 2 episodes. Not really an Inhumans fan so went in with zero expectations, mostly curious to see what all the (negative) fuss was all about. I don't think it was as bad as critics made it out to be - the plot is actually pretty interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing how the story develops. Visually I thought it was very captivating, from the costumes to Attilan to the luscious Hawaiian landscapes. Medusa's hair was absolutely fine for a tv show, again the SFX were hardly the biggest problem.

Which brings me to the negatives... I guess I could just say "Scott Buck" and be done with it. Inhumans suffers from pretty much the same issues Iron Fist had, namely the pacing, the awkward silences and weird back and forths between the characters, and some atrocious dialogue. Also, the characters being stupid. Danny Rand was irritatingly idiotic and I see the same pattern with the Inhumans. The writing is sometimes so bad that even good actors struggle with their scenes. I assume Buck didn't write all the episodes of the season and I'm looking forward to seeing how another writer fares.

Still, this is hardly the disaster some people made it out to be, and I'm curious to see how the rest of the story unfolds.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The next episode is written by Rick Cleveland, who wrote episodes for The Man in the High Castle, House of Cards, Mad Men, Six Feet Under, and West Wing. The one after is by Wendy West, who wrote for The Blacklist, Dexter (even before Scott Buck), The Closer, Numb3rs, etc. Of course, the show runner often does a final polish of scripts to maintain consistency, but that's at least better than the showrunner writing it from scratch. But keep in mind Scott Buck only wrote the first two and final episode of Iron Fist.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Niffleheim

I watched the first 20 minutes and other than the start and the dialogue between Triton and the girl, which was cringeworthy, so far so good.

I'm going to see it, just because curiosity. I mean, it couldn't be that bad.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin