Page 449 of 492 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 7375
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    With an new unknow character (for the movies crews, that is) her origins must be told. Specially if she is the protagonist.
    How long did it take for us to learn the origin of Riddick from the Pitch Black Movies?

What about Finn in Star Wars?

Did Homecoming Peter get his's explained?

What about The Walking Dead-did they ever explain the origins of that?

Some things are not important to explain right away.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Spider-Man is very different in that he's had to on screen origin stories told already, the general public knows how he got his powers but nothing with Kamala. They may not go into details but some sort of origin is important for the MCU.
    Her books are top 100 sellers on Amazon.

At least here in Dallas-she has over 80 copies of her book for folks to read. That is the most of ANY Marvel female and fourth behind WW, Supergirl & Babs Gordon.

Her book has held the best seller on digital charts.

I know Girl Scout troops who read her for FUN.

Folks know who she is or at least will have plenty of chances to learn about her.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Look at Static-we never got to the source of why that gas was tossed out during the gang fight.
    The Mayor wanted a swift and decisive end to the gang wars (as it would look good on her re-election campaign), so she had the police deploy a knockout gas that would tag the gangs with "harmless" radiation markers for easy tracking and apprehension. It backfired horribly when almost everybody exposed died and the survivors mutated.

To my memory, none of this was ever mentioned in the cartoon, and the gas that caused the mutations was instead from canisters that got ruptured in the crossfire of the gang war.
    Last edited by Myetche; 05-16-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

I could see them skipping how she got her powers and just focusing on her struggles to be a newb superhero like in the avengers cartoon.

How long did it take for us to learn the origin of Riddick from the Pitch Black Movies?
    Can't say. Never seen any of them.

What about Finn in Star Wars?
    He told his story to Poe in TFA: child taken from his home, trained as soldier, yada yada yada.

Did Homecoming Peter get his's explained?
    Why it should had to? The origin of Spider-man has been told every two, three years since 2002.

What about The Walking Dead-did they ever explain the origins of that?
    Here you got a point, on the origin of the zombie syndrome. But what was told is the story of Rick and the begginig of his odyssey. And that origin was told.

Some things are not important to explain right away.
    Right, but in this case I think it is important to start with her origin.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 05-16-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Her books are top 100 sellers on Amazon.

At least here in Dallas-she has over 80 copies of her book for folks to read. That is the most of ANY Marvel female and fourth behind WW, Supergirl & Babs Gordon.

Her book has held the best seller on digital charts.

I know Girl Scout troops who read her for FUN.

Folks know who she is or at least will have plenty of chances to learn about her.
    I'm not talking comic book reading GA, but movie watching GA. The two aren't necessarily the same or else Marvel's billion dollar franchise would translate into the comics selling similarly.

Last edited by mung; 05-17-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Thousands dead. I hope there'll be thousands alive.
    IMG_20180517_225209.jpg

I think the thousand's dead in space are the universal Inhumans. Based in that second solicitation Attilan gets attacked while he's gone. I hope the surviving ones aren't just the royal family that went off with him. Maybe they had a few living in Arctilan.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

They should've opened a school to prepare the Nuhumans for a fight :S I know it's probably never gonna happen now, but I was hoping that they would explore nuhumans more. I wonder where these Kree are from. I hate how Marvel does these genocide tyeo events to reduce super-powered individuals. They had like four waves of genocide to make less Mutants. I guess bringing in the Kree to do the massacre is the best they can do. Have a legacy virus or a massive sentinel attack for the Inhumans would be odd.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I think the thousand's dead in space are the universal Inhumans. Based in that second solicitation Attilan gets attacked while he's gone. I hope the surviving ones aren't just the royal family that went off with him. Maybe they had a few living in Arctilan.
    I suspect that's largely what it's going to be, tbh. I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if the point of this event is to cull most of the NuHumans and get the core focus back on the royals.

Villain looks cool though. A clone of Black Bolt perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I suspect that's largely what it's going to be, tbh. I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if the point of this event is to cull most of the NuHumans and get the core focus back on the royals.
    Marvel plans things pretty far in advance. I thought it was odd that the Royal family would just relocate to the moon alone at the end of Royals. Plus Gorgon's miraculous survival.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Villain looks cool though. A clone of Black Bolt perhaps?

Is there a version without the title? I want it for my cellphone wallpaper

Not yet but there might be one with the solicitation next week.