Page 478 of 492 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 7375
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Had a lot of hopes for Death of since Cates is meant to have a great reputation.

And I'm thoroughly underwhelmed and disappointed. Also backing Zoch's point about Cates continuing Soule's problem of forgeting Black Bolt has a large array of powers not just his voice but still completely forgotten about.

And the story resolution was naff because they implied the solution was going to be something Black Bolt doesn't usually do, yet it ended with Black Bolt doing what he always does. Hard to take a book seriously that contradicts itself so completely in the same issue. The story feels like it built to literally nothing.

So the book was pretty much what I figured. Trimming the fat away and recentering the focus on the spoilers:
    surviving
    end of spoilers Royals going forward.
    Last edited by Holt; 11-07-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Hopefully it will be a fake rumor.
    Nah. Guardians will likely be the next step forward for the franchise.

spoilers:
    And we still don't know who the first Vox was. He wasn't treated like an inhuman slave, the big guy treated him like a co-conspirator. The others were clearly controlled by something since they couldn't remember anything and Vox talked like he was kree or someone that had life considering how he talked down to Black Bolt last chapter.
    end of spoilers
    Sadly I don't think Cates is bad enough to for this to be how it ends. He is likely using the inhumans as a piece in whatever cosmic story he is going to do. Remember he isn't just pushing gotg, he has cosmic ghost rider, and thanos. Cates is probably taking over the cosmic corner since Bendis is gone and Duggan said he was leaving it after Infinity war.
    spoilers:
    As for Crystal and Lockjaw I can only assume some control device was also in that room and BB decided better to take out the room instead of trying to find where it is exactly. It's just an excuse to add a dumb part of a prophecy.
    end of spoilers

Between this and Hickman's bullcrap where they Inhumans abandoned the Kree empire so they could conquer it again the Midnight King Prophecy has been a source poor stories for the Inhumans. Shame because Midnight king is a cool name.
    Last edited by mung; 11-07-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    So the book was pretty much what I figured. Trimming the fat away and recentering the focus on the spoilers:
    surviving
    end of spoilers Royals going forward.
    Did it tho?

I mean New Attilan didn't need to be massacred. It was a republic Inhuman state free of Royal control and the Inhuman royal family had pretty much relocated to the moon. There's no fat to trim there, the Inhumans as a franchise had already been compartmentalised into the new and the classic leaving creators to do whatever with each. Slaughtering the new seems petty when it easily could have been doing it's own thing OVER THERE completely independant of whatever stories they want to tell with just the core Royals. Hell the series Royals even pushes this idea.

The only fat they cut were two core family characters who were at most background characters unless one of the two decided to do something shady.

The whole event just feels lazy and doesn't even put the franchise in any new position moving forward, just came in p****d all over a fine structure and then left.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Did it tho?

I mean New Attilan didn't need to be massacred. It was a republic Inhuman state free of Royal control and the Inhuman royal family had pretty much relocated to the moon. There's no fat to trim there, the Inhumans as a franchise had already been compartmentalised into the new and the classic leaving creators to do whatever with each. Slaughtering the new seems petty when it easily could have been doing it's own thing OVER THERE completely independant of whatever stories they want to tell with just the core Royals. Hell the series Royals even pushes this idea.

The only fat they cut were two core family characters who were at most background characters unless one of the two decided to do something shady.

The whole event just feels lazy and doesn't even put the franchise in any new position moving forward, just came in p****d all over a fine structure and then left.
    This was a signal that they were moving away from the whole NuHumans/Inhumanity thing that's been the focus of the franchise these past few years. That was the meta message of the comparison to Rome being rebuilt after the Roman Empire was destroyed. It wasn't as grand or expansive as it once was, but Rome was eventually rebuilt and still remains, as is the case with the Inhumans. The era of pushing them as a big franchise with a whole family of interconnected titles is likely done for, but the core Inhumans will live on.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Am I reading this right, or spoilers:
    Are Medusa and 'Bolt giving it another go? She was calling him "my love" in the issue right in front of Gorgon
    end of spoilers, granted I haven't read the last two issues so I might have missed something.
    Well, the end of IvX had Medusa say she chose duty over love. The end of Black Bolt's series had them discuss and say that they might not be what they once were but could see what they could become. I always took that as a suggestion that they would at least try to be together for the sake of the Inhumans as a whole. Their appearance in bed in Lockjaw #1 suggested to me that they would get back together even if they weren't the same as old.

I wonder how that aligns with Slott's use of Medusa and Crystal in Fantastic Four?
    Does that take place before or after this story?

Anyway, I neither hated nor loved the ending of this story. Frankly, I simply didn't understand it. I'm seeing the interpretation here and I see that as a plausible explanation, but I didn't quite get that from the page. I was expecting at least some kind of exposition dump to make things clear and we didn't even get that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

https://youtu.be/41HHd6iZPFQ want to apologize for not showing the video but I am using this on my phone and am still learning how everything works including 2 windows open at the same time, ya I suck with technology.

The video is just my thoughts on DotI5 as well 2 ways I would have taken this book instead.

Just watched the Inhumans arc from the 90s FF cartoon. Pretty good stuff. Michael Dorn as Gorgon and Mark Hamill as Maximus were some inspired casting. Though hearing Medusa with the same voice as Storm was a weird experience.

Last edited by Holt; 11-07-2018 at 11:42 PM.

I really liked the 2nd season of the '90s cartoon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Had a lot of hopes for Death of since Cates is meant to have a great reputation.

And I'm thoroughly underwhelmed and disappointed. Also backing Zoch's point about Cates continuing Soule's problem of forgeting Black Bolt has a large array of powers not just his voice but still completely forgotten about.

And the story resolution was naff because they implied the solution was going to be something Black Bolt doesn't usually do, yet it ended with Black Bolt doing what he always does. Hard to take a book seriously that contradicts itself so completely in the same issue. The story feels like it built to literally nothing.
    Same here. I'm underwhelmed and disappointed. Mediocre series...

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I really liked the 2nd season of the '90s cartoon.
    Show took a massive jump in quality after the utterly terrible season 1. Great guest stars too.

Astonishing Member

Issue #5 was stupid, making this mini completely unnecessary spoilers:
    beyond culling Inhumans. But last I checked not all of them were "voxed". Some weren't mentioned or shown at all so we know those specific Royals are not the sole survivors.
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Issue #5 was stupid, making this mini completely unnecessary spoilers:
    beyond culling Inhumans. But last I checked not all of them were "voxed". Some weren't mentioned or shown at all so we know those specific Royals are not the sole survivors.
    end of spoilers.
    I think that Cates only wrote this mini series as a cheap excuse to bring Beta Ray Bill and serve as an introduction for him for the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy run. I really hope that he is banned from writing the Inhumans ever again as he obviously shows no care nor interest at all in them, he is probably the worst thing that could happen to the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Burst View Post
    Same here. I'm underwhelmed and disappointed. Mediocre series...
    it's definitely making me reconsider picking up any of his other books.