Page 479 of 492 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 7375
    Astonishing Member

Cates is a good writer, honestly as long as he is ok with other writers ignoring it then all is ok. So let's do this ask him on Twitter "DotI is a continuity mess, with lots of plot holes, and an underwhelming ending. Can other writers ignore it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Cates is a good writer, honestly as long as he is ok with other writers ignoring it then all is ok. So let's do this ask him on Twitter "DotI is a continuity mess, with lots of plot holes, and an underwhelming ending. Can other writers ignore it?"
    I really hope that future writers of Inhumans decide to ignore all the crap that Cates have written and make it like it never existed.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I really hope that future writers of Inhumans decide to ignore all the crap that Cates have written and make it like it never existed.
    The book feels like editorial said wipe away everything Soule did with the Inhumans and Nuhumans, leave only the popular royal family members alive, do whatever you want with the rest.

But I do not think there will be much of a future for the Inhumans now, this feels like the Inhumans push being firmly and decisively put the rest. It's just a shame it ended with a whimper instead of a bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    The book feels like editorial said wipe away everything Soule did with the Inhumans and Nuhumans, leave only the popular royal family members alive, do whatever you want with the rest.

But I do not think there will be much of a future for the Inhumans now, this feels like the Inhumans push being firmly and decisively put the rest. It's just a shame it ended with a whimper instead of a bang.
    It really does fell like that and it's a crying shame.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Hey, people who have read older Inhumans stories, I've been thinking what would ideally fit in a third volume of those Inhuman collections (Origin of the Inhumans and Beware the Inhumans so far). I really just went them to collect the Moench/Perez run of Inhumans. Can anyone think of stories they would like to see that took pace in publication chronology after Avengers 95 through Fantastic Four 240? So far, here's what I was thinking:

Fantastic Four 131-132
    Avengers 127/Fantastic Four 150
    Inhumans 1-12
    Captain Marvel 52-53
    Fantastic Four Annual 12
    Fantastic Four 240

But there's room for a story or two more and I'm not sure Fantastic Four Annual 12 is worth including, so I'd like people's thoughts on what to add or take away.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Hey, people who have read older Inhumans stories, I've been thinking what would ideally fit in a third volume of those Inhuman collections (Origin of the Inhumans and Beware the Inhumans so far). I really just went them to collect the Moench/Perez run of Inhumans. Can anyone think of stories they would like to see that took pace in publication chronology after Avengers 95 through Fantastic Four 240? So far, here's what I was thinking:

Fantastic Four 131-132
    Avengers 127/Fantastic Four 150
    Inhumans 1-12
    Captain Marvel 52-53
    Fantastic Four Annual 12
    Fantastic Four 240

But there's room for a story or two more and I'm not sure Fantastic Four Annual 12 is worth including, so I'd like people's thoughts on what to add or take away.
    Looks good as it is, but I would have to reread most of them. What you could do is go to Marvel wiki for guest characters in books they have a "this person's next appearance" which could be used to follow the family easier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post

Lockjaw is likely the most popular member of the Royal Family and they snuffed him. (Weeps).

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Lockjaw is likely the most popular member of the Royal Family and they snuffed him. (Weeps).
    It was a fake out. He lives

I think that Cates only wrote this mini series as a cheap excuse to bring Beta Ray Bill and serve as an introduction for him for the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy run. I really hope that he is banned from writing the Inhumans ever again as he obviously shows no care nor interest at all in them, he is probably the worst thing that could happen to the Inhumans.
    This is probably true. Cates made Bill a jaded merc instead of the usual heroic stuff. This was probably setting a precedence for how he will be there.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Looks good as it is, but I would have to reread most of them. What you could do is go to Marvel wiki for guest characters in books they have a "this person's next appearance" which could be used to follow the family easier
    Actually, what made it super easy was to look up the list of appearances of the House of Agon

I can't guarantee it's 100% accurate. The bigger thing is what I chose to include vs. cut. For example, Fantastic Four #129-130 is a Crystal story, references the fact that she had to leave the FF due to pollution in the atmosphere, and, according to Marvel Wiki, at least briefly has Attilan. But it's not really an Inhumans story. I think the debate was whether to cut FF annual 12 and possibly include Marvel Two-in-One 71-72, which has the first appearance of Maelstrom (who is half Inhuman and half Deviant). The Annual appealed to me because it's called "The End of the Inhumans and the Fantastic Four" although I suspect neither is a strong story.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I think that Cates only wrote this mini series as a cheap excuse to bring Beta Ray Bill and serve as an introduction for him for the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy run.
    Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    This is probably true.

No, it probably isn't. The series itself was probably brought about by editorial before Cates was ever involved. I cannot think of a clearer message the series was sending than "We're giving these characters a rest for now." This was the Inhumans equivalent of the Ragnarok storyline Thor had during Disassembled.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    It was a fake out. He lives
    Is this confirmed? If so, I'll trade-wait.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Is this confirmed? If so, I'll trade-wait.
    Basically spoilers:
    Lockjaw, Crystal, Triton and Maximus all 'die' but are actually being teleported to Vox HQ where they are made into Voxes. They kill Maximus as a vox, and presumably Triton but then Black Bolt screams and murders the rest of them and Lockjaw and Crystal turn back to normal.

So the only real lasting part of the story is that Maximus and Triton are dead (who cares? they were both 3rd tier characters in that franchise anyway) and they massacred the universal Inhumans and the earth Nuhumans. So they basically just spitefully killed off anything from the Inhumans extended mythology for no reason. Great job Cates.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    No, it probably isn't. The series itself was probably brought about by editorial before Cates was ever involved. I cannot think of a clearer message the series was sending than "We're giving these characters a rest for now." This was the Inhumans equivalent of the Ragnarok storyline Thor had during Disassembled.
    How rude to the franchise your winding down though, if the mandate was retire the franchise and you then decide to focus on other non Inhumans characters instead. Cates continues to go down in my views.

Ultimate Member

Why was Beta Ray Bill in this at all?

He's not a merc, and in terms of themes has nothing in common with the Inhumans. Hell, even as muscle, he barely seemed needed

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Why was Beta Ray Bill in this at all?

He's not a merc, and in terms of themes has nothing in common with the Inhumans. Hell, even as muscle, he barely seemed needed
    Cates has worked Thor stuff into every book he has written