Page 481 of 492 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 7375

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I wouldn't say they were failures because they had good stories plus Ms Marvel was successful.
    Ms. Marvel was successful. The overall push wasn't. That's why I said we're likely not going to be seeing the previous status quo of there being a whole bunch of Inhumans-related titles anytime soon.

They make "Death of" events all the time
    And like I just said, the context is different. Even the central Rome metaphor repeatedly used throughout the book was essentially a big nod to the fact that though the core characters will continue, the current era of the Inhumans is over.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Ms. Marvel was successful. The overall push wasn't. That's why I said we're likely not going to be seeing the previous status quo of there being a whole bunch of Inhumans-related titles anytime soon.

And like I just said, the context is different. Even the central Rome metaphor repeatedly used throughout the book was essentially a big nod to the fact that though the core characters will continue, the current era of the Inhumans is over.
    It wasn't as big of a push as people make it out to be. They just became more present and had ongoing titles like many other characters. The event, Inhumanity, was to explain their new presence.

The overall push was two ongoing "royal" titles, whereas before they had none. Ms Marvel and Moongirl are still going. So we can't say it was a failure when two very popular inhuman characters came out of it.

I interpreted the Rome thing as that they have no more Asgard/Wakanda/Genosha type territory.

So after Death of the Inhumans, Inferno, Reader and Frank are still alive, right? Those were the Nuhumans that for me, personally, were the best characters to come out of the Inhumans "push".

I am happy the Royal Family survived (for the most part), but man, poor Triton. He always gets the short-end of the stick.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think success depends on what the goal was. This Inhumans push was far and away the most successful the Inhumans have ever been, but they're never going to be a top-tier franchise.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think success depends on what the goal was. This Inhumans push was far and away the most successful the Inhumans have ever been, but they're never going to be a top-tier franchise.
    I'm assuming he meant making a lot of money from selling books and merchandise. They never had any merchandise and were never given a proper cartoon or media exposure. Their "push" was just in the comics. And anytime they appeared, X-only fans cried it was an attack on the X-Men. A real push of an obscure character is Black Panther. He actually got a movie, now a cartoon, a lead character of Secret Wars, tons of merchandise, etc. That's why I think the word "push" is an exageration. The sub-plots on TV were good though. Their solo show was bad, but so were The Hulk, the last X-Men film, Thor 2... but they're different given the circumstances.

I'm assuming he meant making a lot of money from selling books and merchandise. They never had any merchandise and were never given a proper cartoon or media exposure. Their "push" was just in the comics. And anytime they appeared, X-only fans cried it was an attack on the X-Men. A real push of an obscure character is Black Panther. He actually got a movie, now a cartoon, a lead character of Secret Wars, tons of merchandise, etc. That's why I think the word "push" is an exageration. The sub-plots on TV were good though. Their solo show was bad, but so were The Hulk, the last X-Men film, Thor 2... but they're different given the circumstances.
    The Inhumans work really well in animation. I wish we would have gotten a good animated show from them. I love everything from their appearances in the 90s FF cartoon to the Marvel Knights motion comic and appearances in Avengers Assemble.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    The Inhumans work really well in animation. I wish we would have gotten a good animated show from them. I love everything from their appearances in the 90s FF cartoon to the Marvel Knights motion comic and appearances in Avengers Assemble.
    Given how The Walt Disney Studios has progressively upped its 3D animation, animating Medusa's living hair is merely a step forward from Rapunzel's. I could see something like Big Hero 6, but keep it true to the comic and with a mix of the movie and TV series style.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Given how The Walt Disney Studios has progressively upped its 3D animation, animating Medusa's living hair is merely a step forward from Rapunzel's. I could see something like Big Hero 6, but keep it true to the comic and with a mix of the movie and TV series style.
    That is very true. That would be awesome.

What a dumb worthless story. Why not just leave stuff in limbo until you have a good idea of how to use it rather than have Cates destroy all the Inhumans side concepts for the sake of destroying them. Was this suppose to appease the X-fans who didn't read it? Whatever I'm down to 3 Marvel books now, so I'll show myself the door.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    What a dumb worthless story. Why not just leave stuff in limbo until you have a good idea of how to use it rather than have Cates destroy all the Inhumans side concepts for the sake of destroying them. Was this suppose to appease the X-fans who didn't read it? Whatever I'm down to 3 Marvel books now, so I'll show myself the door.
    I have to agree. the story started off interesting and bold and quickly fizzled out and whimpered off into a corner to die a slow and painful death.

I just today, re-read the 5 issues of Realm of Kings: Inhumans and those are the type of stories that really excited me. I love Paul Jenkins' Inhumans, Secret Invasion, War and Realm of Kings for the Inhumans. Those were really, really well written and well drawn stories for the Inhumans.

I'm assuming he meant making a lot of money from selling books and merchandise. They never had any merchandise and were never given a proper cartoon or media exposure.
    No offense, but that's blatantly untrue. They got a high profile TV show on ABC that even got an IMAX theatrical release, multiple guest appearances in Marvel's various cartoons, and one of the main characters on Agents of SHIELD turned out to be an Inhuman and had a seasons-long running plot thread about other Inhumans. Then in video games there was an entire Inhumans event in Avengers Academy and the characters were also heavily touted as part of Lego Marvel 2. On the merchandise front there was an Inhumans line of Funko Pops and both Black Bolt and Medusa were included in Marvel Legends, the flagship toyline for the Marvel brand.

To say there was no coordinated push for the brand is not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That's sort of what I was getting at though. That's why I assume going forward there's gonna be maybe a single Inhumans ongoing, if not just frequent guest appearances in other titles since we know they are popping up in Guardians of the Galaxy and FF. This whole mini-series was basically them saying the era of a whole family of Inhumans titles being pushed as the next big thing at Marvel is over.
    Last edited by Holt; 11-11-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    It's a shame that the FF cartoon never got a third season, because apparently they wanted to have Medusa join the team while Sue was on maternity leave. That would've been awesome.

No offense, but that's blatantly untrue. They got a high profile TV show on ABC that even got an IMAX theatrical release, multiple guest appearances in Marvel's various cartoons, and one of the main characters on Agents of SHIELD turned out to be an Inhuman and had a seasons-long running plot thread about other Inhumans. Then in video games there was an entire Inhumans event in Avengers Academy and the characters were also heavily touted as part of Lego Marvel 2. On the merchandise front there was an Inhumans line of Funko Pops and both Black Bolt and Medusa were included in Marvel Legends, the flagship toyline for the Marvel brand.

To say there was no coordinated push for the brand is not accurate.
    That show wasn't high profile. It was on Friday nights on network TV and was the first Marvel show to fail. (Peggy Carter was in the movies at least) Guest appearances don't mean much. They just fill in storylines. Many characters make guest appearances. Updates in mobile video games isn't a good example. Iron Hammer and the Young Avengers also had updates. If they were in Capcom vs. Marvel, maybe. Everything has a Funko pop, and they were 2 Marvel Legends figures :S Which is lame, plus Medusa's paint job was bad! To sum things up, they just appeared more in general like any other Marvel character. The X-Men have two TV shows, at least one movie every two years, like 15 books, 6 Marvel Legends lines plus singles, several major updates in Marvel Future Fight, Contest of Champions, and yes, Funko Pops. And some of this was even this was during the "push" until now. Are people going to start calling this an X-Men push and attack them instead of being happy that there are more Marvel characters out there? I just think the hate and constant berating of the Inhumans, or seeing any appearance of them as negative, during a time when they were getting more attention was a shame. And it's all rooted in the idea that there was a "push."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Yeah, compared the the X-Men the Inhumans got a nudge.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It's a shame that the FF cartoon never got a third season, because apparently they wanted to have Medusa join the team while Sue was on maternity leave. That would've been awesome.
    Also, I know your a fan, and I hope you don't think my rebuttals are meant to imply you are otherwise.