Page 483 of 492 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 7375
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    This is very true, but it must have occurred to someone at Marvel that the Inhumans were not a property that would translate well to a show with limited resources, including time. There is no way you could have done the characters, powers and settings well with those constraints. It was looking bad for them from the beginning imo.
    Yea. I think if there were ever to be a movie for them, aesthetically it would look like a cross between a modern version of David Lynch's Dune with a cast that looked like they could be in Star Wars. Them being on the Moon was unnecessary because it made no sense and looked bad. The only thing that could have saved it was time, but they litterally rushed everything to get it over with. Something they've never done with any other property. They should have waited 3 years until they were ready, but they produced a flop. I'm surpised no one said anything sooner during production. Especially when they knew Buck ruined the Iron Fist show.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Again, what you're talking about is execution, not the intent. As Mike Murdock said, companies don't go around making TV shows, toys, video game appearances and animated movies for something they don't care about or have no investment in. This was a coordinated push.

There was a very good Youtube essay I watched recently that discussed this, and they actually touched on how a misfire like this could happen. One of the core things they brought up was that Inhumans actually did have a bigger budget than typical Marvel shows, and that likely blinded people to the simple fact that just because you have more money than usual, that still doesn't mean it's enough to do what you were setting out to shoot. Particularly when you have stuff like the various DC shows on the CW that are also pretty cheap but still looked more technically competent than Inhumans because they weren't setting out to tackle such an ambitious and unfilmable property.
    The Thunderbolts have made the same amount if appearances in games and cartoons, and you say toys like they had more than two figures. Daredevil has had more storytime on shows than the inhumans have had on a show where they appear as a side story without the original characters, but no one is labelling it as a plot. "Push" is an exageration for characters. The Guardians of the Galaxy have had 100 times more exposure. That's what a real push is.

As soon as they said they were going to put it on TV, the project died. No amount of network television money could pull off something like that. The more I read about the show, the worse it became. It was just seemed weird that they were going to go about this property in such a careless way. They cancelled the show before it was ever on television too.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    There is an alternate universe where this month a fantastic Inhumans movie dropped and the franchise suddenly achieved a Black Panther-level shot in the arm.
    And in that universe Stan Lee finally made an Inhumans cameo. RIP Stan.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

I thought Cates was just phoning in Death of the Inhumans.

I was a casual Inhumans fan for quite a while before the big Inhumans push, but I honestly believe that the push killed off what I enjoyed about the Inhumans. Now, they have no niche left to fill except Kree fodder. I found the whole thing a boring blood bath.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The Thunderbolts have made the same amount if appearances in games and cartoons, and you say toys like they had more than two figures. Daredevil has had more storytime on shows than the inhumans have had on a show where they appear as a side story without the original characters, but no one is labelling it as a plot.
    Did the Thunderbolts and Daredevil go from no books or any real mainstream pop culture presence to suddenly having their own family of titles, being at the center of major line-wide events spinning out of their books and getting their own TV series? No. Like the X-Men example, it doesn't really fit because those were already characters who'd been carrying their own books for quite a while.

But to answer the hypothetical: yes. If the Thunderbolts suddenly out of nowhere got a TV show and their own family of titles, toys and a bunch of video game and cartoon appearances, yes, I'd absolutely call that a push.

Did the Thunderbolts and Daredevil go from no books or any real mainstream pop culture presence to suddenly having their own family of titles, being at the center of major line-wide events spinning out of their books and getting their own TV series? No. Like the X-Men example, it doesn't really fit because those were already characters who'd been carrying their own books for quite a while.

But to answer the hypothetical: yes. If the Thunderbolts suddenly out of nowhere got a TV show and their own family of titles, toys and a bunch of video game and cartoon appearances, yes, I'd absolutely call that a push.
    so they are trying to make money on the IP across revenue streams? This is a problem why?

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    so they are trying to make money on the IP across revenue streams? This is a problem why?
    Uhm, I never said it was a problem? Not sure where you got that. I said there was a concerted push to make the Inhumans into a big deal, which is the case. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

Uhm, I never said it was a problem? Not sure where you got that. I said there was a concerted push to make the Inhumans into a big deal, which is the case. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.
    Well, many of your last posts imply that you have some problem with the Inhumans having comics and some spotlight (as you kept insisting in the "push" and the "failure") and made me wonder if you are aware that this is an appreciation thread.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    IMAX wanted it released for Labor Day. Scott Buck was probably the only one who could get it all done on time and under budget. If they didn't hire him, it would have failed as well because it wouldn't have been released. I really wish it had been delayed a year to do it right, but I know it wasn't realistic.
    That's 200% the problem though. You can't do what are essentially high fantasy shows on a budget.

Hollywood has a saying that when it comes to making a project you can only ever have 2 out of 3 qualities. Fast, Cheap and Good.

But this definitelty shows a pattern with the Loeb side of Marvel. Don't have the foggiest idea how to adapt a property because it presents too many challenges? Get Scott Buck in. While Buck career amounts to a trash fire, he is definitely the go to guy for cheap and fast projects no one cares about at Marvel. He's like an in-house direct to dvd movie level quality director.

But it is hard not to place the blame at Perlmutter and Loeb also, how ignorant of the properties are you that you think you can do the Inhumans on a mid level TV budget and Iron Fist on a low end TV budget. It should surprise no one that the shows fell flat on their face (and Iron Fist while picking itself back up with season 2, was already too far gone).

I wish Feige hadn't let Perlmutter take the Inhumans, they would really have slotted in amazing to the cosmic MCU and would have got a real confidence boost in embracing such a weird property after the reception of GOTG. A crying shame, and instead Marvel and Feige are dumping the Inhumans and pushing the Eternals instead thanks to TV MCU's Inhumans show killing good will for the live action version of the franchise and Marvel editorial dumbass DOX/IVX retcons killing good will for the comic version of the franchise.

In the case of Daredevil, there was a push. In the time of the debut of Netflix series, there were series for Kingpin, Electra and Bullseye. (or were they stealth miniseries or one-shots?) Anyway,there were a push than seemed like a push for a Daredevil-verse, but it was brief. Six months only.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Well, many of your last posts imply that you have some problem with the Inhumans having comics and some spotlight (as you kept insisting in the "push" and the "failure") and made me wonder if you are aware that this is an appreciation thread.
    Johnrevenge is right Holt. For the push on inhumans better discuss it here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ave-Failed-Now
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Johnrevenge is right Holt. For the push on inhumans better discuss it here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ave-Failed-Now
    I would rather see that hate thread buried and forgotten than brought back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    To some folks YES-it's an issue. Because it means competition and the entitlement a favorite enjoyed is now gone.

In the past a tv show or movie or merchandise deal would have been limited to Peter Parker, X-Men, Fantastic Four and MAYBE a few others.

Now-if you talk that-Black Panther, GOTG, Ms Marvel, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Miles and others are in the conversation.

While entitlement and unfans (who don't read books or know comic book history) are bitter and upset.

It becomes what is best for BUSINESS. The more diverse the portfolio is the better.

Inhumans despite what many want-are not dead. Ms Marvel & Moon Girl are proof of that. Marvel Rising is too. The backdoor to Inhumans lies in what is done with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I would rather see that hate thread buried and forgotten than brought back.
    Thank you. It kinda pains me to see that thread back on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Thank you. It kinda pains me to see that thread back on the front page.
    Admins should have closed that thread long time ago. It's a hate thread that goes against the board rules.