Page 488 of 492 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492 LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 7375

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Does he plan for them to appear in his GOTG book? Might explain it. The MK20 book is too early on to figure out if there's a good answer to the question but there are certainly potential answers. Also, another major Marvel Knights book spoilers:
    Black Panther
    end of spoilers didn't have any appearances in the first two issues.

Did he give any more details about his Inhumans story than what you posted? I know people aren't going to appreciate what I'm saying but I don't disbelieve what you wrote. I just genuinely think he got a bunch of other books that took up more of his attention so he stopped giving as much attention to Death of the Inhumans and sort of phoned in the ending.
    I'll try to summarize it. The editors wanted him to do a book that would get people talking about the Inhumans. He said he actually turned down the offer to write the inhumans a couple times because he felt they were very difficult to write. He said didn't want to involve the terrigen mist, He didn't want all the political chess piece stuff and wanted an action/revenge story. He went to the Marvel retreat and said he wanted to do John Wick in space and apparently everyone except Joe Quesada was against killing Lockjaw. Joe's logic was that because everyone reacted like this, then they HAVE to do it. Apparently saying they haven't had a ruckus like that in their meeting since the pitch for Origin. This video was probably them hyping it for the trades.
    Last edited by mung; 12-06-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

After looking at what people are putting it does feel both him, the people drawing, and the editor just didn't care about this book. If Marvel still want people to talk about Inhumans great let people who want to write them write them, Soule still has big love for some of the ones he made, I am sure this is true to a number of Nuhuman creators. Hell hold a contest and see what story someone can make, it wouldn't be the first time Marvel picked someone up with almost no comic history.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    After reading his awful mini series, that statement is an ugly lie. Cates should be ashamed of himself for such a big lie.
    You're taking this way too personally. Writing a story where bad stuff happens to characters doesn't mean you don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    If Marvel still want people to talk about Inhumans great let people who want to write them write them, Soule still has big love for some of the ones he made, I am sure this is true to a number of Nuhuman creators.
    Because, by and large, there's far less attachment to the Nuhumans than the royals.
    Last edited by Holt; 12-06-2018 at 05:05 PM.

The idea to get a hot new creator to put a fresh spin on the property to get people talking about it is a good idea. And it worked. But it's only five issues. What matters is the plan for what's next.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    After looking at what people are putting it does feel both him, the people drawing, and the editor just didn't care about this book. If Marvel still want people to talk about Inhumans great let people who want to write them write them, Soule still has big love for some of the ones he made, I am sure this is true to a number of Nuhuman creators. Hell hold a contest and see what story someone can make, it wouldn't be the first time Marvel picked someone up with almost no comic history.
    True. Out of all the stories he could have chosen, he chose a "Death of" event? When Cates said "this story will show that the inhumans deserve their place in the MU," I was expecting a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    You're taking this way too personally. Writing a story where bad stuff happens to characters doesn't mean you don't like them.
    It wasn't that bad stuff happened to them. The Marvel Knights story, Infinity, and the other 4 book mini had bad stuff happen to them, but it advanced their story and showed more to them. I felt that this mini-event lacked a lot of dialogue from the inhumans, and built up something very interesting for it to later end quickly and kill off inhumans. Many "Death of" story are stupid, so I get why this one was as well. The only important X-Men that died in Death of X was Cyclops. Madrox returned, and not as many died like in Days of Future Past/Legacy Virus/E for Extinction/House of M/their new Extinction Level Event. I don't think they killed Black Bolt because he died once in WOK, and to kill him off again would become a joke.

Because, by and large, there's far less attachment to the Nuhumans than the royals.
    Less attachment doesn't mean no attachment. They could've died nobler deaths from a more noble foe. I was really hoping Vox was going to be someone special, but he was nothing. The whole story was weak and Cates had no villains because the other Kree didn't even show up in the last issue. They went to an empty warehouse with brainwashed zombie inhumans.

And the fact that they didn't ask for help after seeing thousands dead didn't make any sense. The others didn't even put up a fight. The good thing is that the event didn't affect the inhumans on Earth. Hopefully no writer tries to say that it did affect them because off panel stories are lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    True. Out of all the stories he could have chosen, he chose a "Death of" event? When Cates said "this story will show that the inhumans deserve their place in the MU," I was expecting a lot more.

It wasn't that bad stuff happened to them. The Marvel Knights story, Infinity, and the other 4 book mini had bad stuff happen to them, but it advanced their story and showed more to them. I felt that this mini-event lacked a lot of dialogue from the inhumans, and built up something very interesting for it to later end quickly and kill off inhumans.
    That's the thing, though. The series ends with most of the Royals still around and with hope for the future.

Less attachment doesn't mean no attachment.
    In this case, it might as well. Think of it like this. Besides Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl, both of whom would've been off-limits, do you think any of the Nuhumans would've elicited as much a response as "killing" Lockjaw? Probably not. Almost definitely not.

Astonishing Member

I feel Cates not following the continuity leaves the Inhumans in big unknown territory since we were given no reason on why any Inhuman was on the moon, especially since Iso is shown to be one of the Inhumans who was on earth so we have no idea the status of New Attilan. As such what new life really was given then, are they leading Royals or is it a constitutional monarchy, what is the exact fate of the Universal Inhumans, the whole Black Bolt no longer can use his voice why though there are healers. If we were shown something more to show what can come from this but so much was set up just to give the ideas for books if a writer who works for Marvel, and editorial approves seems not how to set up stories to come. With IvX bringing an end to those stories putting Inhumans in a tough spot we at least knew books that were covering this were coming out and the tough spot didn't leave unanswered questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RohG-JzXiM

Lockjaw and Crystal in the Marvel ultimate Alliance 3 trailer

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

In this case, it might as well. Think of it like this. Besides Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl, both of whom would've been off-limits, do you think any of the Nuhumans would've elicited as much a response as "killing" Lockjaw? Probably not. Almost definitely not.
    Yea. I mean Lockjaw is a dog, and no one wants to see a dog die. And he's beloved. I don't mind Flagman's death, but Naja's sucked. If Maximus's death means we're going to get new inhuman foes, I'm okay with it. Like Vox, but anyway... Gorgon died, and he returned out of nowhere. Hopefully they do the same with other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RohG-JzXiM

Lockjaw and Crystal in the Marvel ultimate Alliance 3 trailer
    Here's a screen shot. At least the inhumans will appear in something.:

I want my Black Bolt. Feed me. Falcon/Black Bolt/Hawkeye/Widow 2018.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Going with classic long-haired Crystal I see.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I like the short hair, but unlike a certain UA2, they should recognize the importance of tons of alternate costumes.

Well for the most part Crystal had that yellow costume, and then the blue costume the two times she was an FF member. Unless you want to count that ugly costume she first wore in Heroes Reborn.

And I don't think she'd want to mess up her Ronan wedding dress in battle.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Hope Medusa appears as well. I always thought her powers would be awesome in this series.

I've seen her in other games where she forms a spherical shield around herself with her hair, and that is a good visual.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.